Fresh hard drive, fresh distro. Currently have Debian testing. Would like to try something else...

Fresh hard drive, fresh distro. Currently have Debian testing. Would like to try something else, but I'm afraid nothing is as stable as Debian. Open to BSD suggestions as well, as I don't play video games. Considering Gentoo, but don't feel like waiting an hour every time I want to install an application.

Attached: 1478442398473.jpg (715x864, 148K)

Install Gentoo.

OpenBSD

NixOS

Manjaro ftw

Attached: manjaro-logo.png (800x450, 327K)

Install CloverOS faggot.

>but I'm afraid nothing is as stable as Debian
Redhat/CentOS

Jow Forums told me RedHat is the devil.

Why not FreeBSD (aside from the CoC bullshit) or DragonflyBSD?

That's just Gentoo with anime tiddies.

Nothing Arch-based.

Don't know anything about it. Why?

Is there a way to tell how long compiling would take? I'm on a phenom ii x6 1055T.

Not a meme at all especially if you have other computers in your netwerk to help with complication - distcc

>Jow Forums told me RedHat is the devil.
Well you should at least try CentOS, which is just RedHat minus corporate licensing.

openbsd is more secure and runs faster

OpenBSD has better defaults, and has much better support for desktop programs. FreeBSD seems to be lacking obvious things, like headphones support. In any case, you can try all four BSDs if you wish.
>faster
OpenBSD is a lot better than FreeBSD, but faster, it is not.

>Debian Testing
you done messed up, it's either Stable or Unstable. With Testing, if something breaks its broken for months
Install Xubuntu or just mess around with your configs and installs. There's really almost no diference between distros other than repositories, package managers and some other trivialities

Dont listen to Jow Forums, son.

If you don't need any non-free software, GuixSD is one of the best distros around right now. It's doing a lot of new things, so be prepared to chat in irc and read documentation.

>wants stability
>isn’t running netware
You know a netware system ran for 16 years continuously right?

Attached: DEEFD42D-A93E-49E8-A55E-1A776E52478A.png (1200x794, 896K)

doesn't really take an hour in most cases

what's a stable distro that isn't redhat related and isn't ancient packages?

little girl big helmet

Attached: vueuqsbx0iiy.jpg (750x1064, 84K)

most distros are stable in the normal sense of the word

some distros like debian stable take it to an extreme which leads to old as fuck packages which is often so inconvenient that it's a generally worse experience than something like arch

void, nixos, guixsd

Mhhhm russian whore give field pussy

>nixos
>guixsd
Nice try.

>void
I'm afraid an update might break it.

TempleOS

Arch is de way

make your base install something you know and that works without tinkering.

Then run VM's of the distros you want to play around with.

that dumb bitch needs a haircut and/or a hairband

I like installing on bare metal and then dual-booting. I will dual-boot PureOS and OpenBSD, see which one I like better.