Why did it take so long to get this?

Why did it take so long to get this?
messages.android.com/

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 446K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Buccaneer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fastlink
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does android or iPhone have point to point messaging service like the Japanese phones do? You know, with infared?

They can share their phone number/email just by point their phone with one another. Or the same with paying for train ticket. Or buying movie ticket. Or using to pool service. Or buying hotel room.. Or karaoke room. Or paying dinner. etc

BOTNET

Can you text for free using this or nah?

You do have an unlimited text plan in 2018 right?

nah we on unlimited data now grandad

Because nobody except Yanks give a shit about old deprecated shit like SMS and everyone already had this feature.

Unlimited data > unlimited texts, also I'm not talking about those laughable "unlimited" plans where you use some amount and get throttlet to shit lol

NFC?

Just about every phone plan you can get in the United States comes with Unlimited SMS. It doesn't make sense for carriers not to offer it, its been like this for about a little more than a decade. If your plan doesn't offer unlimited SMS than your most likely grandfathered into some insanely old pricing plan.

jo

aa strax

>Not having unlimited everything 4G, calls and texts

>plans
>cucking yourself with a contract to some jewish isp for no reason
good goyim

Attached: 324.png (439x392, 199K)

If you don't use the default messaging app, aren't you fucked?

KDE Connect had this feature for a long time now. Not that it's relevant since nobody uses SIM cards for anything but internet anymore.

Well of course. Though who really needs talk and texts these days, I use maybe an hour and ten SMS messages every year.
Contract? I'd understand the reservation if I was obligated to stay with them for X amount of time, but I'm allowed to switch anytime I want.
That's usually the case with plans in where I live too, but still nobody uses SMS, everyone has moved on.

KDE Connect is a really underappreciated KDE application, it's honestly what originally got me to try out KDE.

What does it do? That description isn't very clear/verbose.

Lets you send SMS on the website by connecting your phone to it. Basically also shows clear text of the message to Google or whoever owns the site. It's kinda useless when KDE Connect exists.

You can have SMS conversation from your computer, like on WhatsApp etc

Japanese Android phones :^)

SMS are universal, Whatsapp, iMessages and others are not and bring fragmentation.

>Not having unlimited everything plans, that you can cut off anytime, not after 12 months bullshit
Feels good to not be americuck

Attached: file.png (504x447, 63K)

Why is there no recent youtube video about sending SMS from KDE connect?

Because you can test it yourself. And it doesn't yet let you go through your phonebook and messaging apps, then pick a contact and send message to it. For now all you can do is reply to messages from notifications, which isn't that big of a deal.

terran pls

>Nobody uses SIM cards for anything but internet anymore
Why do europoors have a hard time understanding you're the only ones using a 3rd party zuckerberg controlled botnet to send messages and make calls?

W I R E
I
R
E

SMS is unencrypted and centralized. SIM hardware is backdoored by default and lets your ISP snoop your device whenever they want. You're retarded if you think it's better than using internet, which can be encrypted and has superior features.

WhatsApp is near universal in Europe. The people who don't use, you probably wouldn't be messaging anyway. Also WhatsApp has functional groupchat, file share, video chat, calls and so on in one package.

But nobody has any decent non-backdoored encrypted messaging app on their phone so what the hell is your point?

well its no imessenger but what can you expect with google clone crap

I'm guessing your credit is so bad even Sprint won't touch you.

>free
Enjoy your "70% 4G coverage", cuck

>nobody
A world beyond your mom, dad and gaming friends exists, you know.

WhatsApp is universal in Brazil, I use Telegram to talk with people that don't like WhatsApp.

why don't europoors use SMS? allowing zucc to read your private conversations is worse than having a FB

Facebook having access to my messages is just as bad as the ISP

I saved 20% by dropping to 200 minutes, of which I use zero.

>sms
lmao you can't be serious

>brrrr
Lmao kys roberto

>Not having fiber at home
>Not living in Paris where 4G is everywhere

Where the fuck are you getting a plan that has unlimited data but doesn't have unlimited texts?

>your credit is so bad
?
what the fuck does that even mean

>Not using Signal

Attached: 1525622665812.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

It's nice if you still send a lot of SMS. Between iMessage and various social media the only time I get an SMS is for a verification code.

SMS is not secure at all. RCS isn't either. Google blew its astounding head start it had with Google Talk back in 2005. Now it's too late and most people will use some OTT chat system.

I use signal but was looking to test RCS, saw when this came out and realized Verizon STILL doesn't support RCS ffs

>year of our lord
>SMS/MMS

LMAOing @ amerifats

Isn't Signal less secure than WhatsApp?

Because it isn't 1999 any more.
SMS and the IM apps are all terrible, but the apps are slightly less terrible and much more convenient.

RCS support is still non-existent in general. Only Sprint has real support for it and no one uses Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon uses proprietary RCS which only work when you're talking to someone on the same network, although T-mobile says that they will switch the universal RCS that Sprint uses Soon(TM), AT&T has nothing.

You got that backwards, amigo. SIgnal doesn't collect your metadata but WhatsApp does. Who knows what other shit Facebook will add to it going forward.

The developers of Signal are open source, WhatsApp jacked Signal's encryption method to put into WhatsApp. WhatsApp keeps meta data though, Signal doesn't.

Is ISIS using Signal or WhatsApp? ISIS approved apps are a seal of quality

>You do have an unlimited text plan in 2018 right?

I just got rid of my cell number. I rarely make any calls and I can text from my Google voice number.

Attached: p7xe0w0Ntm1rxv53ho1_1280.jpg (1280x1757, 283K)

ISIS hardly exists anymore. I'm pretty sure they used telegram but I don't get why you'd copy them, middle eastern murderers tend to not be very smart.

Ahh such crap. Thanks for that.

Just wish I could get more people to use signal. I work for the big red giant so I hate knowing they can see my texts.

>ps4 messages is quality

given the technology has been in place to do this since probably forever, im going to say "they finally found a way to make money from it"

>mfw no one uses Silence SMS
>mfw end-to-end encryption with on middleman
feels good. of course, the people you're messaging need to support it as well...

Black cock must be your favorite.

There's no such thing as (((unlimited))).

>infrared
NFC, Bluetooth, and even QR codes have replaced it.

Google was peeping at your text messages ever since you started using Android. They're just making their spying useful for once.

>nobody
>what is wire, signal, whatsapp, telegram...

Reminder that sending copyrighted content via any form of electronic communication will land you in prison in the EU.

>normies
>needing more than 50 texts/100 minutes a month

prepaid is the best

I have unlimited everything, but what the fuck would I do with unlimited texts? My point was that they're near useless, nobody uses them for anything other than 2FA

I still haven't got rcs messaging yet, but I got web messaging and smart replies both of which I don't use :/

>point to point messaging
>phones need to be so close to each other you might as well speak to each other

I wish someone had showed it to me earlier, I had been using KDE for a while so it was just there the whole time.

5.13 gave it even more functionality as well.

Even if you buy your phone cash you still have to get service on a “plan”

Or are you just using WiFi?

>you still have to get service on a “plan”

it's called prepaid

The jews in czech republic have us cucked hard, we are paying ungodly amounts for basic tariffs. Sucks ass

>point (((to point))) to point

>hurr durr transmitting copyrighted content isn't a jailable offense elsewhere
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Buccaneer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fastlink