ThinkPads in the International Space Station

Where were you when Applel MacCuck Pro got BTFO by IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad?

Attached: International Space Station.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/workstations/missionz.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_B7MzBmjaJ8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hardening
youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nasa cut their contracts with lenovo because they're chinese now
all laptop acquistions will go through their new all american supplier dell going forward

They got replaced by HP, nice try tho.
Also, NASA uses Macbooks on earth.
Nice thread m8

Attached: 7721464472_b7480558a3_b.jpg (1024x595, 184K)

Wow. Nice sterile capsules you got up there in space. Truly extreme conditions.

Attached: maxresdefault 14.jpg (1600x900, 154K)

you have to remember the space station hasnt actually accomplished anything. it is no closer to mars and it has not destroyed the middle east with an orbital beam. like the thinkpads onboard, it is useless.

what is doing? tactical compiling?

compiling gentoo in the most adverse places

ISS? Surely you jest.

lmfao

>Command! We're under heavy fire!
>Have you installed gentoo?
>no sir.

operational gentoo

Except on the ground NASA uses all Apple products. Even the Curiosity Rover team said that they prefer macs. You could do the "so and so BTFO" all day long. Like you could say "Windows BTFO because 100% of super computers run Linux. Microsoft on suicide watch", or "Linux BTFO because Windows has 84% desktop market share. YOTLD never." Alternately you could even use macOSb in place of Windows because macOS has like 8 times the desktop market share of linux.

These threads are pointless wastes of space, and as pointed out, LelNOvo is BTFO because they lost their contract to Lell

Nobody uses fagbooks except PR staff. All control centers user PCs. At least you tried mactoddler.

>Space
>Real

Didn't know Jow Forums was filled with brainlets lmao

Attached: nasa-photoshopped-earth.jpg (350x456, 88K)

reminder that all astronauts are degenerate and bad persons.

Attached: cosmonaut takes weed to space.jpg (1024x681, 145K)

t. Illiterate Windrone/Freetard

The Curiosity Rover team uses Macs, dipshit.

And still smarter, more skilled, more educated, and in better shape than you. Not to mention paid far better.

How does it feel to know that degenerate "bad" people are better than you in every way?

it doesn't really matter what they prefer, they used thinkpads all this time because it is (or, for them, was) reliable, solid and, specially, modular. Very easy for NASA to do all the necessary changes for it to do the job.
Would be impossible on apple computers, since it is designed so that the user can never open it and god forbid me solve his problem (for instance changing a piece of hardware) by himself instead of taking it to an applestore

Attached: ISS-21_Maxim_Suraev_works_with_camera_equipment.jpg (2849x4288, 1.25M)

>actual space station running mission critical systems that determine life and death priority systems

>actual battlefield running mission critical systems that determine life and death

>conference room filled with PR and HR monkeys and even a fucking TV news camera team and photographers all over the place in commiefornia
>applel

Attached: 1520089785791.jpg (1200x1200, 713K)

nice meme

Attached: 1525519012920.jpg (2105x1400, 413K)

Lolno They use HP now.

www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/workstations/missionz.html

Attached: 1528315108573.jpg (124x121, 3K)

It's a science lab you dong.

keep crying dipshit

Radioation affects technology too.

Prove it, space nigger.

Except it *does* matter what they prefer because in the case of the Curiosity Rover team, they used Macs *because* they preferred them. In space, Macs make little sense, but on the ground (like the curiosity team, controlling a vehicle that's on Mars from Earth with a Mac, and they also used Macs when designing it too) Macs are just fine. In space where you made need to swap a part affected by radiation or any number of other unforseen circumstances you wouldn't encounter on Earth but could happen every day in space, yeah you're going to want a business class machine that's built with the understanding that in-house IT staff will be doing all of the repair work and parts swapping, so you don't have 8 million screws just to swap RAM. You definitely won't want something where you literally have to have a soldering station with a fucking microscope and an hour of time just to change faulty RAM in a mission critical piece of equipment. I will *never* defend the idea of Macs in space unless Apple goes back to PPC/early Intel designs where everything was user serviceable. But on the ground, they're pretty common @ NASA (though let's be honest here, common is a relative term. Last time I did a visit @ Goddard it was common to see Win95 machines still in use too.)

>You definitely won't want something where you literally have to have a soldering station with a fucking microscope and an hour of time just to change faulty RAM in a mission critical piece of equipment.
I just imagined this scene with Louis Rossman:
youtube.com/watch?v=_B7MzBmjaJ8

well, when I said that what they wanted didn't matter I meant specifically in situations like space. They may have wanted apple in space too, but the situation simply did not allow it, it would be impractical, unreliable, etc.
that said I know apple is used for a lot of stuff, by respectable people, etc...

You weren't born when the Apple IIGS was the first personal computer to be taken into space by the space shuttle.
Look it up.

>it is no closer to mars

You are closer to retardation instead

Niggers are from outer space, and ThinkPads are black like niggers, so it makes sense, but not in a good way

The iPhone 4s was certified for use in space back in 2011. So being certified for use in space doesn't amount to much.

iphone 4* there was a pair of them.

Attached: 1529561831902.gif (498x314, 827K)

I'd like to imagine that guy is using a riced out tiling wm on arch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hardening

Are you 14? Apple focuses on personal computers, on earth. Show me where Apple mentioned they were competing for a contract with NASA this year.

>look mommy my laptop went to space its so awesome XDDDDD!
>that's nice honey, maybe you could venture outside one day too!

Lenbabbies are hilarious.

Apple makes you promise you won't make nukes using iTunes...

Why are you autists so obsessed with thinkpads? what's so good about them? they look ugly, heavy and since they are old they probably have shitty specs too

It's probably not on, because it's a candid photo.

>being this salty

>That picture

Absolutely disgusting, they build a multi billion dollar space station and can't afford to hire an autist for a few hours to route their cables tidily so that an astronaut doesn't get tangled on one of those piles of spaghetti and unplug the life support socket.

Ikr, it's a bit messy.

Apple products = fire risk

The ISS has Chinese backdoors in its laptops?

YIKES

I was surprised that our touch pad blue force tracers use linux/unix of some kind.

I assume there is a reason for leaving most of the cablage exposed, NASA doesnt just do these things by accident or out of laziness

What is wrong with this picture?
Is this really taken from the iss?

Attached: 1527451365140.jpg (1041x692, 172K)

>What is wrong with this picture?
What?

Is that how the earth looks from ~250 miles up?
Hmmmmmmmmm

No...?? What do you think it looks like?

trolling aside, and pleasebe honest.

Are you one of those people who really believe we have never gone to space and its all a hoax?

You don't need to be 250mi up to see Earth's curvature retard

Attached: 7375919699275.jpg (1800x1200, 262K)

I'm not that person. Every space expedition was real, we have been in space, with one exception - the Moon landing. That one was fake.

>we've only gone to the moon once
american education everyone

I know that was a popular theory for a little while but to say it never happened is to spit in the face of the apollo 11 crew/astronauts.

People have never got to the moon. Probes, yeah, sure, but people? Never.

thanks for the kek, didnt know someone could be so retarded

They can live in their own wonderland all they want, but they never landed on Moon.

Sounds like you live in your own wonderland. What would be the point of not only hoaxing the moon landing back then but for every single person who worked on the mission to keep up the "lie" 50 years later

>What would be the point
Shame? They'd all die prematurely of shame.

Top left photo taken by apollo 15 crew in the 70s

Bottom left, astronauts footprints photo taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

Top right, "samples were given to 135 different countries around the world as a gesture of good will. These rocks have withstood every possible geology test from labs around the world, and these have confirmed they are indeed of lunar origin"

All this was faked too? decades apart? I know theres always someone in space threads who says the moon landing was faked, but theres all this proof that it wasnt, and none that it was.

Attached: moon.png (1437x918, 1.36M)

only boomers think that it was faked
source: my boomer gov teacher was sure that it was faked

based.

>i don't know what image manipulation software is

Attached: Wilber-gimp.png (256x256, 33K)

>2018
>he still believes in the moon landings even though it's been debunked over and over
I wish I was this naive and retarded

>its not true i went on pol and they had really funny memes about jews
that shit is to keep normalfags away, dont actually fall for it

Haha sure thing m8.
Keep believing the space fairytales and the cartoon images nasa is feeding you

>literally brainwashed
has to be bait at this point
no one could be this retarded

We've sent beach-buggy type of vehicles to the Moon, but not people. People have only got as far as ISS in space.

ive been to the moon
prove that i havent
protip: you cant

It's not how it works. You first must prove you've been there.

i did prove it, i said that i was there, you have no proof that i wasnt because I know that you werent there when i was

That's not proof. Just like this is not proof: Since it's fake. Done in software.

I believe they use HPs now.

How do I use GIMP to edit a rock so geologists will think it's from the moon?

It's photoshopped you dumb cuck. Lighting a fire inside there would be close to suicide

youre just an illusion, a figment of my imagination
i can only prove that i exist, if that
will you fight? or will you perish like a dog?

fuck i wish that were me

>Implying a 7-8 year old laptop had backdoors before the chinks bought the company

>youre just an illusion
That is not true. If you'd stay in front of me and I'd punch you in the face, you will cry like a littel bitch.

youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
So much lies!!!!!!! OMG I hate TRUMP now.

>threatening people over the internet
wow im so scared, ive like never done that before

It's like the good old days of the internet, just let it happen

I wasn't threatening you.

and i didnt cum inside your mom last night, oh wait nvm

clearly a trump fan

You didn't.

in 1998 when they put those fucking things in there.
You say this like they used to have a Macbook Pro in there and someone decided to replace it with a Thinkpad.

damn you really got me

Attached: tactical compiling.jpg (1600x900, 198K)

ikr

lets get this thread back on topic
whats your favorite thinkpad model?
mine is x220t

Attached: .jpg (1000x563, 95K)