I genuinely don't know what Linux distribution to use...

I genuinely don't know what Linux distribution to use. I don't think I want systemd but I want to make sure it also works and I don't have to jump through hoops to install shit

Help

Attached: cNwQkuv.gif (199x236, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gentoo obviously

Attached: btw.png (484x209, 86K)

One of the *buntus or Mint. Fedora has made it easier to add 3rd party repos in 28. I don't know if it catches all proprietary Wifi firmware during install though.

Id support xubuntu all the way, but the xfce failed me few times with "crashes".
The latest Ubuntu is less bloated.

Use for what?

Just install Ubuntu. It's beginner friendly, it works out of the box, you don't have to autistically install drivers and media codecs yourself. It's the closest to what you actually want in a desktop computer.

A lot of the other distros like Debian, Fedora, etc. were actually designed to be servers, although they can be used as desktop OS too

But those have systemd. Also I'm not a Linux beginner.
College

Just install gentoo then.

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Aren't those a pain though ? I doubt they'll work with anything

Devuan, Parabola, Gentoo, Slackware
You will probably have to jump through hoops.

I just need muh rstudio , python, and a word processor .

Devuan unironically

no hoops AND no systemd: mxlinux
i dont use it for political reasons, theyre commie shit but hey.. it werks

Mint... it's Ubuntu that just werks!

Attached: 1520141234372.png (720x960, 1.05M)

Install Gentoo.

void doesn't have systemd

She's hot

Fucking Gentoo
No systemd
Teach you to lrn 2 loonix

come to void when you're done wasting your time

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i'd go with void, it works and doesn't have system d. it isn't very well supported though as only a few neckbeards use it.