/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Ask your questions here.

Please first check the Jow Forums wiki for related keywords, and/ or search for an answer using one of the following privacy-respecting search engines (or any other such like them):

searx.neocities.org/
startpage.com/
ddg.gg/lite

Jow Forums wiki:
wiki.installgentoo.com/
Jow Forums sticky: Redirect questions that don't deserve their own thread with Previous thread:

Attached: b9a9fc67669657bd33398657c7797801.png (1256x1800, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438013
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know no one probably cares, but last time I made an sqt I was banned for posting anime. Not for NSFW (3-day global ban); for anime. I know this since reaction images won't get targeted like this, especially if it's a photo, pepe- the ironic stuff. I'm not even sure how to move from this point onward, but for now I pretended the ban didn't happen and just made the thread as normal. Pic related is me bitching about it.

Attached: Untitled.png (1439x2029, 289K)

Ask on IRC.

Enough is enough. How much should I be paying for Windows 7

This happened to me once, it was for forcing my own dpt anime pic about 10-20 posts before bump limit.
Stop policing the general.

$0 yarrrr

The physical copies go for $20. Where can I get a digital copy? Will it come with a product key?

Have you never torrented before? Go on 1337x and find a copy there.

Best intel wifi card for a T420?

did anyone recently test ecc ram with ryzen 2000 apus?

apparently ecc works with every ryzen except the new apus.

Torrent the ISO, activate with Daz Loader

For self taught programmers: how did you learn enough to be proficient for a job? What projects did you start out with and what resources did you use while learning?

what is the best browser for android with adblocker and smooth scrolling like chrome? preferably opensores. firefox is too slow :/

If you already have programming basics ,getting straight ahead in an opensource projet is a good idea to get good habits and progress quickly.

When was the last time you tried firefox? It used to be awful but is now perfectly mediocre.

chromium

Welcome to the mods' arbitraryness.

The blue boards are overmoderated as shit, I too once got banned for posting on-topic stuff for merely "not posting quality material", not even kidding.

>how did you learn enough to be proficient for a job
I started doing things i enjoyed.So i started unreal's scripting language and then with c++ for games at the time(late 90's early 00's) and then python when bittorrent became a thing.I just started making things i wanted or things i saw that was wanted.This was before github so everything was just hosted on forums.I had a modified bittorrent client that i gave to a private tracker.It had cookie support which was rare in the beginning
>what resources did you use while learning?
I went to the library and got books about programming, not so much python but c++ was documented at the time and i just read.python irc was my main irc channel.

My dudes, you don't even need to pirate Windows or torrent a crack you can just download the ISOs from mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

The ISOs are the exact same as the ones on the Microsoft website. The times when you're asked for a valid registration key are:
1) the "paywall" before downloading the ISO
2) during the installation process, which you can just skip and Microsoft literally won't care

I just installed Win7 for gaming on my PC just this weekend and so far it's been working well. Although it was a prebuilt and did come with a legal copy of Win8.1 installed, which might be why Microsoft is letting me get away with this so YMMV.

Attached: IB-Kiniro-Mosaic-12-END-720p-10bit-2CF4733D.mkv_snapshot_15.38_2013.09.25_23.55.37.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>1) the "paywall" before downloading the ISO
Can't edit, but to clarify I mean on the Microsoft website (because they want to jew money out of normies/brainlets/boomers) not the one I linked to.

Would I be better off trying to do Andrew Ng's ML course with Python as that is more widely used over Octave?

Attached: GNU_Octave_4-2-2_screenshot_1600x900.png (1600x900, 310K)

I want to download a bunch of .ts files and combine them using javascript. Apparently it should be possible to at least zip them together but I don't even know how to do that.

>normies
Normies is the normalfag way of saying normalfag.

ffmpeg -f concat -i fileList.txt -c copy outputVideo.ts

MODS=GODS
Get rid of the anime fuckers infesting Jow Forums

>complaining about anime on an anime website

>anime fuckers infesting Jow Forums
Jow Forums is an anime website. It's the non-anime fuckers who are infesting Jow Forums.

What should I be using for ID? UUID?

The one it comes with works fine for me but you could try asking /tpg/.

Just do as the man says and do it with Octave. You can always learn python later, it's not that difficult.

Probably. I've never heard of anyone using octave for machine learning as it's mostly a matlab replacement iirc but I'm no machine learning expert.

I'm looking to buy the Hp Spectre x360 15T but I'm conflicted between getting it with a GeForce MX150 or spending an extra 120$ for the Vega M.

I only do a little gaming and care more about battery life overall but if the performance boost with the Vega is pretty big and the hit to the battery is only an hour or so when using it for basic tasks like OneNote and such then it might be worth it. I'm just finding conflicting information on how good the Vega is and how hard it hits the battery.

Attached: 1397980923031.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

What kind of ID? For what purpose? Please provide more details.

See you in 3 days

>Probably. I've never heard of anyone using octave for machine learning as it's mostly a matlab replacement iirc but I'm no machine learning expert.
I think Andrew is trying to point out that machine learning is not just a matter of jumping in and writing some code. There's a basis of mathematics and concepts that you need to understand first, and for that he thinks you should use Octave.

Anyone knows what can you do if your LCD screen has the beginnings of a burn in problem in a certain area?

Long story short, like half a year ago I noticed some faint burn in on the top right side of the monitor, outlining the browser tabs. I replaced the monitor with a piece of shit alternative, and suffered through a few months, but some time ago I brought it back, and it was free from any burn ins, and started using it again.

However, today it came back. It's still supremely faint, but, yeah. I set the monitor to turn off after a minute, I don't know if that could help. Also started using the browser in full screen. help?

Attached: 1509041325529.jpg (400x388, 19K)

What's happening in 3 days?

Let's say I have a database that stores food. I'm assuming I should use UUID for user IDs and just integers for the food IDs?

Ok thanks man.

Is 30 Mb/s upload enough for streaming 1080p video in 30 fps? I have a drunken idea of me streaming myself programming on twitch.

Attached: chinch.jpg (700x701, 87K)

how do i make an image transparent without this happening?
i have no idea how to use any image editing software so i'm pretty sure i'm just doing it wrong

Attached: file.png (298x758, 117K)

I hate images like this
Sexy enough to almost get a hardon but not that hot enough to fap to it alone

anime website

Official site for h2testw? Can't seem to find it and I never download from unofficial sites, too much crap there.

it's far more than enough

Change magic wand tolerance until you're happy. Also don't forget to save images with alpha transparency turned on.

i've tried both paint.net and gimp and set the tolerance as high as possible without deleting other parts of the image

A lot of sites redirect to heise.de but this looks like a generic software aggregator.

Load up a plain white page fullscreen and let it sit for a few hours.
Do this ass needed

You're going to have to manually touch it up

How do I avoid the cross-domain policy in firefox? mozSystem doesn't seem to work. How does 4chanX fetch things from the 4cdn-servers?

Explain this shit here right now. Why the hell none of the .jpg files here got a smaller size except ONLY one of them? Why does almost all of them still have the same size after the process? I tweaked ZERO of options on the program since I installed it.

I'm using PNGGauntlet, a program that has the purpose of compressing any kind of image without loss of quality, and converting to always PNG, but here, it seems like it's a failure for me.

Attached: sfd.png (881x620, 102K)

toggle security.csp.enable on about:config

>Compressing JPGs

Is this Reimu's new moneymaking scheme?

He's gonna kill himself on stream for being a retard probably

That sounds reasonable.

jpegs are already compressed a lot, converting to png will not save space on them very often

That's it? Is that why?

I have a few of .jpg images from Pixiv that weigh around 1,50 to 8,50 megabytes, and that's why I want to compress them.

I'm learning to code and I made my first thing in C++: A function for getting square roots based on Heron of Alexandria's method. I got the idea after watching a video that was posted on the installgentoo wiki. I was happy to get it to work. Are there any things I could have done better?
#include
#include
using namespace std;

int main() {
//ask the user for a number to square root
cout input;

cout

Attached: dc3101aca848e637873fabb233ed4bdf.jpg (912x1278, 184K)

I'd hardly call it new.
>pls "donate" to the shrine desu

I'd rather want to do this without manually changing the configs, I'm trying to make an extension.

Is there a way to have Firefox open an external file manager when clicking the "browse" button to upload files (e.g. when uploading an image on Jow Forums)?

I know this, but the point is all of theses images except one got none of effect in their sizes for some reason. Also, in the product, the images actually maintained their format, meaning they are still .jpg.

So, am I better off picking an alternative? If so, then what should I use to compress instead?

Looks pretty good. You have a couple minor formatting problems like that space in front of #include and some lack of spaces in your cout's like "

I would convert them to pngs first with imagemagick and a quick script and then run them through pnggauntlet. I honestly didn't even realize that pnggauntlet could process jpgs so it doesn't really surprise me too much that it doesn't handle them well.

Actual moron here. I want to play video games but have a super shitty graphics card (geforce 620). Whats the best bang for my buck to play some street fighter and other popular games?

Attached: cpu.png (399x398, 27K)

Compiling this code with -Ofast gives the wrong answer. Compiling with -O3 gives the right answer. Even more strangely, adding a dumb printf("a") in the if (is_pentagonal(...) statement makes the -Ofast compiled version gives the right answer. Can someone explain this to me ? I looked at the generated assembly code, but cannot understand what the differences mean

#include
#include
#include

#define MAX 5000

/* is_pentagonal: return 1 if N is a pentagonal number, else 0 */
int64_t is_pentagonal(int64_t N)
{
/* If N is a pentagonal number, there exists an integer n such that
* N = P(n) = (3n^2 - n) / 2
* So n is a solution of the equation 3n^2 - n - 2N = 0.
* We have D = (-1)^2 - 4(3 * (-2N)) = 24N + 1
* Two solutions:
* - X1 = (1 - (sqrt(24N+1) ) / 6
* - X2 = (1 + (sqrt(24N+1) ) / 6
* Only X2 is a positive solution. So if N is a pentagonal number, the
* solution X2 must be an integer. */
double val = (sqrt(24*N+1) + 1) / 6;
return val == (int) val;
}

int32_t main(void)
{
int64_t i, j, min_diff, p[MAX];

/* pre-compute the first 5000 pentagonal numbers */
for (i = 1; i < MAX; ++i)
p[i-1] = i * (3*i - 1) / 2;

min_diff = INT64_MAX;
for (j = 1; j < MAX; ++j)
for (i = j-1; i >= 0; --i)
if (is_pentagonal(p[j] - p[i]) &&
is_pentagonal(p[j] + p[i]) &&
p[j] - p[i] < min_diff)
min_diff = p[j] - p[i];

printf("Problem 44: %ld\n", min_diff);
return 0;
}

GT 1030 for $80.
Everything else is overpriced.
There is GTX 1060 6GB too.

Mods don't understand the site. There's plenty of tech sites out there if you hate anime. But pic related.

Attached: 1456320090648.jpg (800x2810, 585K)

What's the best way to emulate classes/OOP with C?

My best guess is that your conversion of the double val into an int at the end of is_pentagonal is causing data loss when Ofast does its crazy optimizations. I would try changing is_pentagonal to return a double and I would also change all of those intx_t's to just regular ints and letting the compiler choose the integer size for you.

That might not be the best solution, but you could use bunch of struct's with pointers to the functions as "emulation" to methods.
Why do it tho?

user, even the sheena OP got banned and it wasn't anime.

The typical way is to use function pointers inside structs but honestly you might just want to use C++ or Objective-C if you really need OOP. If you're really dedicated to doing it in C though you could look into using gobject which is gtk's OOP implementation for C.

What are pros and cons of using something like Slitaz? Is it safe to use distro like this one?

This one?

Attached: Capture.png (1499x566, 460K)

I have an old CD with some old personal pictures and videos in it, but they are "corrupted" (when i open them with notepad++ i see only NUL characters).
What happened? Can I recover anything?

Thanks. I tidied up the formatting and tried to split the functionality into a separate function. However, now I get an error when I compile. I tried to Google for the solution but I didn't understand any of the hits I got from Google.

#include
#include
using namespace std;

float sqrt (float input);

int main() {
//ask the user for a number to square root
cout input;

cout

Attached: 4d504bd4e92bee79df91a00a63d46c23.jpg (702x1054, 118K)

That's probably because cmath already has a function named sqrt. Just rename your square root function and you should be good.

Yes, if you cant afford a proper card is enough to run modern games at mid settings at 60FPS.
Still you should buy a GTX 1060 6GB if you can afford one.

D'oh. Thanks.

> letting the compiler choose the integer size for you.
What do you mean by this ? I thought size of int and long were depedant on the architecture, not compiler.

The number is p[] are in increasing order, so p[j] - p[i] is always positive (as i < j) but min_diff ends up negative with -0fast.

I tried to modify the code with your remarks, but results stay the same. Thx for your help anyway

I set my limit at $200. I really only play overwatch, fighting games, and civ. I'm guessing cards approaching $200 won't be much better than the gt 1030 tho, huh?

you deserve it lmao. i used to be a regular in /dpt/ so i know what cancer the image wars are

Size of int and long are technically dependent on architecture but compilers can often optimize it by using smaller sizes. For example if a compiler notices that your int functions only returns a couple error code like 0, 1, and 2 it will probably optimize it by using a smaller sized int.
I don't know why -Ofast is fucking the result up so badly, but -Ofast does involve breaking standards for the sake of optimizations according to the gcc manual so that might be why.

They are better but they are nowhere close their current worth.
GTX 1050Ti for example is supposed to be a $140 card but its being sold for $200-220 because artificial shortages.

What is the best and quickest way to seed some torrents from a specific tracker?
Use a popular and new movie or an older and obscure one?

Attached: 20180624193415_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Still a GT 1030 is enough to run such games properly, for something more intensive like GTA V, battlefield 1, etc you would need a better card.

How do I extract a .7z on Android? Normally I use Ghost Commander for stuff, but that didn't work, nor did I find a package in termux.

>I would convert them to pngs first with imagemagick and a quick script and then run them through pnggauntlet.
Sorry, but I'm not willing to study commands for a program that doesn't have a GUI.

I will stick with File Converter, the one that uses ImageMagick for compressing and converting. I wish it had more options to have more control, but for now, it's good.

>I honestly didn't even realize that pnggauntlet could process jpgs so it doesn't really surprise me too much that it doesn't handle them well.
Look at its site. It says very well that it accepts .jpg images.

download freeleech stuff and keep them open in your client
refresh the site several times an hour and grab a larger torrent when it's first uploaded, then seed for the next week or so

I want to get a seedbox. Right now I just seed everything from my PC but I'm starting to accumulate a lot of torrents so I want to move to something better so I can keep seeding them all. Feral seems to be the best deal, but some people say they've had their accounts randomly suspended. I just want something easy for me start using without needing to configure or install stuff. Is Feral fine or should I use another service like Ultraseedbox?

Attached: 1528322090335.jpg (1280x1254, 529K)

Where could I get a 6 foot cable for this?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438013

I don't know anything about power cable power so I dont want to pick a weak one.

Attached: 1529852522067.png (338x656, 394K)

Cool. Thanks for the help. One last question. Is there a difference between the pny and the gigabyte 1030s? I see the pny is a bit more expensive for some reason. If so, worth it?

Hey I'm retarded, just found and installed p7zip

Too much work... I guess I will wait to get banned..

>Up: 245.17 MB Down: 31.11 GB Ratio: 0.01

Attached: 20180624195131_1.jpg (1280x1024, 86K)

Prices for cards are currently based in availability not quality, and PNY cards are worse in general.
Just get one with a fan if you want it to last.
Still if you can afford it buy a GTX 1050Ti if you are interested in running the game at high settings.

GT 1030 is enough for low-middle settings.

>Sorry, but I'm not willing to study commands for a program that doesn't have a GUI.
It's not that hard just install imagemagick and run "mogrify -format png *.jpg" in your image folder and delete the leftover jpgs. But a gui file converter is fine too.
>Look at its site. It says very well that it accepts .jpg images.
I believe you, I'm just surprised because it's named pnggauntlet after all.