Still using emacs

>still using emacs

Attached: what-year-is-it-1.jpg (498x424, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spacemacs.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Still using it here. Being able to drop out of IDEs occasionally to touch files where stuff actually happens is useful. Plus you don't become captive to the IDE.

Also, it's nice on remote servers under terminal.

>emacs on remote servers under terminal
Why not just mount the remote filesystem with something like sshfs?

Literally no argument besides the current year, which is a nonargument. There is no viable replacement for emacs, it's essentially the perfect OS.

I like non-complexity: less shit to fuck up. Sometimes being on customer site makes it impossible and I don't like to get rusty.

spacemacs.org
>the power of emacs
>the UX of Vim
>it's all implemented in elisp so it's not OS or architecture dependent
It's actually close to working on Haiku OS nightlies too.

Emacs literally makes other IDEs pointless, and here you are pretending Emacs is old and therefore worth.

It's old and still around because it did things correctly.

tramp mode

I agree with OP, emacs is garbage. Nano is pretty good though and just as old.

still less obsolete than your memes desu

Nano is a great script/config editor, but I wouldn't bother using it for larger projects.

sudo apt-get install nvi
sudo update-alternatives --config vi

>not having one unified extendable interface that covers almost every use case
literally all you need is a base linux system and emacs.
Emacs is:
> text editor (evil, million different major modes for languages, lispy)
>IDE (yas, company autocomplete, flycheck, debugging, repl integration(slime, etc))
> email reader (gnus)
> news reader (elfeed)
> web browser (w3m, eww)
> irc client (erc, rcirc)
> music player (emms, bongo)
> window manager (exwm)
> vc manager (magit)
> shell (shell-mode, ansi-term, eshell)
> and much more

Attached: emacjihadism.png (442x274, 40K)

EXWM is great for embedding the few non Emacs things into Emacs, like mpv and a browser.

exactly, especially with exwm-edit and the simulation keys
just makes any non emacs experience more tolerable

Attached: scrot-2018-06-25-T20:08:25.png-croped.png-croped.png (1920x1080, 188K)

Visual programmer here.. haven't touch a text editor in years... Editors are so fucking 80s tech

You forgot about one the best things on Emacs, dired. I almost never have to issue a single command to manage files.

These.

Fun fact: toolbar hiding is coming back in Firefox soon, in 63 or 64. Combine with Vim Vixen and EXWM+Spacemacs and you have a super/comfy/ setup.

More like
>emacs still uses lisp

(deal-with-it 'faggot)

Searched for custom css, having both bars on the same verticle space makes it a lot more comfy.
I might eventually just hide everything and have each tab as a new window, managing them via helm-buffer-list

Attached: scrot-2018-06-26-T03:21:06.png-croped.png-croped.png (1920x1080, 148K)

my nigga
spacemacs is top tier desu