Rice cooker tech

My fucking rice cooker now just burns rice, no matter how much water I put in. so, I need to get a new one.

What do you use? What is the best? Whats the most cost effective? etc.

pic related: It's what the bitch that makes my rice for me looks like.

Attached: ricecookerwife.jpg (750x1000, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-TSC10-Uncooked-Cooker-1-0-Liter/dp/B0074CDG6C/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_bs_t_1/140-6105659-9599721?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A3P320T35AN0MGKZPMQC&dpID=51yby%2Bz1--L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail
amazon.com/dp/B007D5J6AK/
zojirushi.co.jp/syohin/ricecooker/sp_contents/nwka/index.html#container
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3914RC1295&cm_re=aroma-_-0BR-011A-00002-_-Product
thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/
amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-DE102-Fuzzy-Logic-Electronic-Cooker/dp/B001T9D6B6
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WQ9YNE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cooking rice is the easiest shit ever, you boil rice in a pot full of water and leave the lid opened slightly to prevent boilover

why do you need a special cooker to do this shit?

That's not a very nice thing to say about your mother.

based and redpilled

My current cooker, werks fine
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-TSC10-Uncooked-Cooker-1-0-Liter/dp/B0074CDG6C/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_bs_t_1/140-6105659-9599721?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A3P320T35AN0MGKZPMQC&dpID=51yby%2Bz1--L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

only $180. Nice. 5.5cups... Add $8 and it's 10 cups. (see: 1.6 variant) this might be the replacement. I'll keep an eye out.

I'm no Half-breed, son. I'm just mass producing them. You know what being catholic and a yellow-fever white boy means, right?

if you eat too much rice you fuck your brain up from all the arsenic and you forget how to do anything so you need a rice cooker

I use a cheap $10-15 rice cooker that handles exactly 3 cups of rice. Works perfectly fine for many years. I was thinking of upgrading myself but didn't really have any need for it.

3 cups of rice is more than enough for a day or two for one person.

Stop eating rice.

Attached: 1520572762386.jpg (700x426, 70K)

my wife has a panasonic one that has served us well for like 5 years now

machine delivers consistent results and doesn't need any attention at all once you've loaded it and started the cooking process

when you're eating that shit nearly every day, it's a big timesaver

I need like 10+ cup variants, it's not just one person. I've been using some $40 riceware i picked up at Walmart a few years ago, it just fucked up yesterday. I think my wiring might be jacked up in my house. I just barely moved here, so that's the only thing that makes sense.

Why? It's a cheap and easy carbs. Plus it keeps the wife thin.

big if true

That's just rice sourced from China.

>Japanese/Chinese eat rice daily
>they have the highest IQ in the world
So rice is the best food?

>10+ cup
I'm assuming that uncooked cups right? That means with cooked, it will be 20+ cup.

just hit her until she works right

works for many appliances

Yea

>catholic and a yellow-fever white boy
Living the high life.

>the wife
if
is her post more

I read some reviews before I bought mine and got an Aroma ARC-914SBD 8-Cup. The bowl is non stick and easy to clean, has all of your water measurements on the inside of it. I usually fill it just slightly over the fill line and the rice always turns out great. Comes with a little plastic cup for measuring your rice, but is replaceable with any 3/4 cup.
>put in x cups of rice
>fill to line 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on # of cups
>close and set it for white or brown
>it does its thing and will beep as soon as its done
>switches to warmer after cooking

Hasn't failed me yet.

Stop posting pictures of varg vikerness

I have some Korean speaking cooker from my exgf at home.
200Eurobucks and does it's supposed to do.
If the thread is still up later, I post an id.

Been looking into buying a ricecooker though I'm stuck between these 2 models care to help me out Jow Forums?

Russell Hobbs 19750-56
Tefal RK1038

Attached: 9200000049688444.png (550x635, 255K)

Xiaomi has a rice cooker.
Best regards from /csg.

I have this it works well, never burns rice and keeps it fresh for days.
amazon.com/dp/B007D5J6AK/

Holy shit just fucking boil it in a pot like a normal person
A large pot will take your five billion cups up its arse, boil them perfectly, if checking back when the water boils to turn the heat down then using an external timer is too much "supervision" for you then I don't know what to say, you are either rich enough to hire a secretary or you need a job that pays more or leaves you less busy, either or

Like fuck this is more autism than the entirety of /wt/, /mkg/ and /hpg/ combined.

>amazon.com/dp/B007D5J6AK/
Im not falling for your memes, user.

Attached: 41nqUsTanDL.jpg (487x500, 28K)

learn to use a pan pleb

imagine their IQ if they didn't eat it

This is the best rice cooker money can buy.
zojirushi.co.jp/syohin/ricecooker/sp_contents/nwka/index.html#container

I'm using an older 3 cup personal Zojirushi which manages to even make CNS 3 rice taste good.

High end models can make whole grain brown or purple rice as soft as white rice via high pressure.

Just can't go back to normal mechanical cookers now as they taste so different

>zojirushi.co.jp/syohin/ricecooker/sp_contents/nwka/index.html#container
Too rich for my blood.

Attached: cook.png (797x482, 30K)

>Cuckoo

Rice cookers are technology. I use one to wax my 3 bicycle chains every few weeks.

Other than that I use a decent stainless pot on the stove top with proper filtered water while I cook a real dish in a skillet next to it.

Rice cookers are just an asian Kowloon meme where they are only to cook with electicity and not gas and can't offers descent induction glass tops. Utter poor meme. Don't forget shut in mutant offspring.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

This is the only correct answer. I can make far better rice in a pot than a cooker.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3914RC1295&cm_re=aroma-_-0BR-011A-00002-_-Product

My wife cooks rice a couple times a week, and pho a couple times a month in it. Had it a couple years now, no complaints. I've made chili in it a few times too.

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/

You just take a pot. Double amount of water. Lets say one cup rice two cups water. Boil it and wait till theres no water at the ground of the pot anymore

SE Asians and Japanese use rice cookers.
Pajeets use a pot, because they use different rice.

Fucking word. How this is not taught in schools is a national tradedgy.

> teach calculus
> don't teach emergency food prep in a pot

I'm an Australian white Boi and Cook heaps and prefer dry Indian rice like basmati to any mushy jasmine shit and I cook curries to stir fries. Moisture in rice is shit tier.

Taught in schools?
Your parents didn't teach you to cook?
Like I said, only pajeets use the pot to make rice. The only exception is if you are camping.

Use less water, genius.

i'm absolutely a rice cooker. i fuck all the rice bitches.

Just buy the pre-cooked Basmati from Aldi, like I do.

My rice cooker died last year. She was 97 years old. RIP grandma

No they didn't they provide everything untill you reach your mid 20's untill you move out and then you have to figure everything out through trial and error like they did. It's a good system.

What ? The one cup rice two cup water rule is constant. It's the different kinds of rice that act differently.

That's fucking stupid. What you do is buy 5kgm sack of basmati rice for 7dollars when it is on sale at Coles. Anything else is retarded.

I cooked so much rice in 'nam they named a brand of rice cooker after me

Uncle Ben, is that you?

I use some shitty old Tiger JAG-b model with fuzzy logic.

They all cook basically perfect rice.

Look for fuzzy logic and a teflon coated pan.

I honestly can't think of anything else.

Holy fuck dude basmati and jasmine literally cook exactly the same.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Millenial, the post
>'Constant' rule for inconsistant absorbtion rates of different grains.
>not that user, but you sound like a pajeet.

I have something similar to this at home:

amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-DE102-Fuzzy-Logic-Electronic-Cooker/dp/B001T9D6B6

I believe something that has an airtight lid is better than the stuff with the "loose" lid.

imagine being that fucking lazy

Imagine perfectly cooked rice, every time, with no hassle.

imagine actually knowing how to fucking cook

>why do you need a special cooker to do this shit?
Just far easier and automated. With a timer and a thermal regulation you cannot fail the cooking and you don't need to watch. It doesn't consume more electricity than otherwise

Like... putting rice and water in a pot?

>imagine actually knowing how to fucking cook
It's not knowing how to cook, it's saving some work doing it just like other electric kitchen aids. You can cook something to eat with that rice meanwhile and you don't boil excess water

pot rice just can't even compare to rice made in a quality cooker. It's like night and day.

Rice cookers can be used for something else than rice. You have plentiful of meals needing slow cooking and it can be interesting even if rice isn't your main food

Is this really a thing?

How to cook rice (non-sticky):
1. Wash the rice. 3-8 rinses until the water runs clear.
2. Soak the rice. Half hour is fine.
3. Cook the rice. 10 mins on a simmer, test every minute after until you like it.

It's fucking rice. They cook it in bamboo in the jungle, you fucking mongs.

t. too fucking poor to buy a rice cooker.

>buy a rice cooker
Fucking hell, do you know how cooking works?

It's just far more work than with a cooker

You press start and go play video games.

If you aren't some technologically crippled bitch.

Buy a rice cooker. Buy a toaster. Buy an oven.

But if you like, feel explain why a rice cooker is bad, but a toaster and an oven are fine.

>But if you like, feel explain why a rice cooker is bad, but a toaster and an oven are fine
1. A toaster is not an oven, you're dumb to even compare them.
2. I bet you run the finest of Linux distros to run a web browser and nothing else.

remove the sticker.

Used to do this, but I'm just too lazy to turn off the stove to prevent burn. A cooker can keep it warm while preparing other good

Use that same one, it plays a little jingle when your rice is done. Cute! I wonder if there's one in pink?

I will never understand the dumb asian fascination with a rice cooker. Take a pot, add 2 cups of water, boil that shit, add one cup of rice and turn down to a low simmer while covered. This is not rocket science people.

Attached: maui2.png (500x302, 252K)

>A toaster is not an oven
Such dazzling intellect.

A rice cooker is hands off, and works consistently.

Using a pot, whether on electric or gas range, uses more energy, time, and focus. It's a triple net loss.

Pajeets use a pot. They don't use a toilet.

/thread

>such bad reading wow
Go fuck yourself.

>all rice is the same
Nice post, racist. What brand of pasta cooker did you buy from Target?

You don't understand since you don't cook a lot of rice. The Japanese eat rice to everything. They use rice cookers. Therefore, rice cookers are good technology.

>>all rice is the same
>Nice post, racist. What brand of pasta cooker did you buy from Target?
See my posts below.

>>Millenial, the post
>>'Constant' rule for inconsistant absorbtion rates of different grains.
>>not that user, but you sound like a pajeet.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3914RC1295&cm_re=aroma-_-0BR-011A-00002-_-Product
>My wife cooks rice a couple times a week, and pho a couple times a month in it. Had it a couple years now, no complaints. I've made chili in it a few times too.

Calls me a racist because I call out the physical differences of grains. Calls me racist because I call out how different cultures cook grains. Gets BTFO for being a faggot that wasn't taught how to cook food with efficiency, only how to be a whiny faggot when someone makes him think logically.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-6-26 g - rice cooker tech - Technology - 4chan.png (1255x538, 63K)

I live in EU so I got YumAsia Sakura. It works great and is a lot cheaper than real japanese ones. I don't really eat rice that much anymore but I use this to make stews and stuff.

Attached: sakuramain-600x600.jpg (600x600, 29K)

Got one like this.

It has no settings, just press and go. But it prepares rice okay, and it cost only 25 euros.
Remember to buy good rice and prepare it well! I only buy Japanese-style rice and wash it before cooking.

I bought mine when I food for my family.
Its actually incredibly convenient when you need to cook for 4-5 people; you can just prepare the rice, set it to cook, and then focus on the other things you have to prepare.

Attached: 9584698097694.jpg (600x600, 44K)

Get the 2nd one

Get a real pressure cooker, it'll blow your mind.
(Not shilling, not memeing. You may try one at an asian friend first if you don't trust me)

Nigga, it just werks. Press a button and i can go back to my comfort zone and continue jerk off.

wtf is wrong with people

buying a dedicated rice cooker
>being totally inept at preparing basic food
>a degenerate

fuzzy logic

yeah because simmering demands so much attention, and more importantly, simmering rice takes up both hands at once
fuck im lucky if i can even think about opening a cupboard whilst my rice is simmering
the other day i was simmering rice, and i forgot to chop some veg before hand, so i had to wait until my rice was done before i could even remember how to pick up a knife with one hand, and to make matters worse, i had to drain it (lol i thought it was pasta initially) and that require both hands and to co-ordinate a pot to tilt towards a colander, safe to say by the time the rice was down the sink and blocking the u-bend i hadn't even defrosted the courgettes, and then I realised courgettes aren't even part of nippon cuisine!
i ended up licking out a instant miso sachet, which i spilt half of down myself!

then how will he return it to pay the rent

Kids these days are too spoiled so they don't learn any life skills by the time they're 30

kek

You realize the Nips prefer pot rice over rice cookers, right? You have to vigorously clean the rice and then put it under immense pressure in a pot with specific conditions to achieve 'perfect rice'. Also have to use one of the three top designer rices to really make it pop, too.

Rice cookers are purely for the average slob to get something decent, not the highest quality rice.

I want to cut your fucking head off

>He doesn't know how to cook rice in a pot

Attached: laughing_azucat.png (611x680, 667K)

>You realize the Nips prefer pot rice over rice cookers, right?
>Rice cookers are purely for the average slob to get something decent, not the highest quality rice.
Can you source these statements?

Attached: 1526344928008.jpg (680x1020, 168K)

Any tips on a Japanese or high tech rice cooker that can make basmati rice?
I'm currently using this and it's a good cooker but it's a bit large and bulky

Attached: DSCF4297.jpg (2816x2112, 2.5M)

Did you not read the label? It says for "4 person."

If you think its large, then why didn't you get one for "1 person"?

>You know what being catholic and a yellow-fever white boy means, right?

Unlimited puss in Tokyo if you're not a fat weeb and don't go for models only.

so that he doesn't have to turn off the stove when its done?

it depends on what you need user, do you need to cook alot of rice? do you want to use the cooker for something else? if its just rice you want to cook, this is what I have:
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WQ9YNE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

max 4 cups and can do white and brown, you can get something cheaper if you don't cook brown rice.

Stop being anti-Japan, turbosperg

Because it's the smallest one. Did you not look up the other models?