Reminder that Docker, Kubernetes, rkt...

Reminder that Docker, Kubernetes, rkt, flannel and the whole microservices distributed overengineered cloud clusterfuck was created by pissed off webdevs who had enough being accused of being brainlets

Attached: web is not for brainlets.png (640x360, 24K)

obligatory

Attached: debian suicide.png (200x300, 47K)

now i feel i am the brainlet because i don't understand any of those

Attached: DfT1y0nX0AA-fsY.jpg (960x945, 120K)

It's also because we hit a hard wall on single core perf almost a decade ago. The old scale up solution of BUY BIGGER SERVERS :DDDDD doesn't meaningfully increase performance anymore, so you have to deal with all this bullshit to scale out.

Partially correct. You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT have to deal with the aforementioned bullshit. Build your own fucking stack.

>I dont understand, how do i know what npm/yarn/etc commands to run for magic?
Logically separate into frontend (HTML/CSS/JS/IPA/APK) and backend (JSON HTTP API in literally any non shitty language). Learn how to code in vanilla javascript and build a website without using such cancer as Angular or Ember. Learn how to properly architect your backend in terms of business entities and make sure to leverage healthy amounts dependency injection so things are easily moved around. You will likely end up with a lot of classes called SomethingService. This is what they actually meant by microservices. They just all happen to live under the same binary image here, so you aren't fucking yourself with 30 remote call dicks simultaneously.

>oh fuck now i have to scale this?
Rework your architecture. This stuff is like legos if you payed attention and were careful. Put load balancer/CDN in front of your REST API servers. Separate the non-HTTP CPU/IO-bound tasks to a new layer that can scale independently. Invoke these from your revised, thinner API service wrapper (which can continue to handle things like authentication and session validation). Start looking into technologies like Microsoft Orleans if you have a hyperscale (e.g. netflix-level) problem.

>omg how the fuck do i deploy everything?
Install jenkins, learn how to fucking write powershell and bash scripts. Figure out how to get your sourcecode onto the build machine, create the binaries, put them onto the destination servers, and start everything back up in 1 click.

Nothing above is helped in any way whatsoever by docker, et. al All those things do is to apply leaky abstraction layers and additional piles of bullshit on top of an already extremely complex problem. Complexity is the biggest enemy you will ever have with something that begins to ask for these things. It is pure antithesis.

Use Erlang or Elixir

and they're all written in Golang

>but muh infrastructure management
If you got so far that you now have so many application servers running that you need help managing them all, you probably know how to write a simple internal CRUD webapp tool w/ cloud vendor API integration to manage everything your way. You can even integrate with your CI pipeline to spin up entire environments from source. We already got to this point with our shop. Things that took days in 2017 take minutes in 2018. Writing CUSTOM tools is the only way you can get on this exponential productivity curve from a devops perspective. Taking a pre-built solution is going to try to force you to move into their ideal picture of your architecture which very likely deviates from your ideal picture of your architecture.

> that 39 old boomer who keeps shilling to retarded 2 decades old techniques

Attached: 1526628649164.png (381x353, 32K)

Can you describe the most complex business application you have developed on or have been involved with in any technical capacity?

Not an argument you 20 y boomer.

Wordpress with custom theme

>any technical capacity

Yeah I installed php and mysequal on a server and did the setup

>Nothing above is helped in any way whatsoever by docker, et. al
noob infratructure engineer detected

>kek

see

You sound exactly like a sysadmin we just fired because it took them weeks or months to adjust anything since they did not like modern stuff.

And by the time you finish this some serverless brogrammer will take your place while dabbing on you.

>modern stuff
Modern is such a bullshit keyword. To start with, everything in IT is a reinvention of something that existed in the 70s, most likely.

The whole docker crap is because Jabbascript and Ruby basedboys have horrific development practices where they have so much reliance on many tiny libraries, versions of their runtime, etc. that they have to use this kludge to deploy their software on linux.

I suppose there is a handful of companies for which this is useful. But it's mostly used by startups to "scale", the supreme irony being that their "scalable" micro-service architecture runs orders of magnitude slower than an optimized solution running on a single multi-core machine.
It's like the people using Cassandra or distributed crap where SQLite would do the job.

>serverless
>he doesnt know about the shittiness
>laughinggirls.png

Most cloud vendors are propositioning their serverless solutions as a way to get your code so hooked into their various APIs that you can never leave without reinventing all those various systems 1:1. It is a short-term option for some cases, but long-term I see serious entrapment.

Should I teach myself docker swarm or kubernetes? Been wanting to build a raspberry pi cluster and this seems like a fun project to run on it.