A South Asian looking family recently moved in next door and now I'm seeing ads for things like Indian phone services...

A South Asian looking family recently moved in next door and now I'm seeing ads for things like Indian phone services and pic related on YouTube.

Is it silly for me to think these things may be related?

Attached: mitsubishimalaysia.jpg (852x478, 155K)

As in Filipino? Because that's the only people I see driving Mitsubishi's.

They're stealing your wifi.

>seeing ads
I forgot this was possible

Is it silly for me to think these things may be related?
no

there is a high chance of this
google doesn't change your ads simply because asians breath the same air as you do

If I were forced to guess I'd say they were Indian, but I don't know much about the different countries in the region, and even less about how to tell the difference between an Indian and a Bangladeshi, for example.

This is what I was afraid of. I just checked and there are a couple different unknown devices connected to the network. What a pain in the ass. My connection doesn't even seem slow. Now I have to learn how to improve my network security and also piss off a hacker next door? Fucking hell.

>As in Filipino? Because that's the only people I see driving Mitsubishi's.
Around here Mitsubishi is known as the Greek Mercedes.

this

Just steal all of their passwords, etc

Or ransomware them lol

Attached: the_supreme_champion.jpg (232x293, 8K)

what wireless security protocol are you using ?
how strong is your password ?

Change your password to something crazy strong & a protocol that hasn't been broken

Attached: cat-armor.jpg (615x522, 38K)

user you have wifi password and your router admin page has a password

if your router is admin : admin and password : password then you have 100% been hacked

look at the admin page to see how many wifi devices are currently connected. If you see acer: suarrabang or whatever take a photo and go next store and tell them you are calling the cops. Simple.

>being on Jow Forums
>allowing your neighbours to steal your wifi without it being a honeypot
disgusting

before i had 10gb 4g hotspot i would war drive wifi everytime i moved house. it takes can take weeks to get that shit connected. Its a neutral type of evil.

>implying youre not spending more money on gas than it would cost to just get internet

If you're on WPA2 AES with a semi-decent password i strongly doubt they hacked it, you most probably have WPS enabled and you're router is vulnerable to pixie.

Disable WPS and change your encryption scheme to WPA2 AES and use an 8 mixed characters/numbers password.

Problem solved. If you want to monetize their disallowed access plant some miners on their computers, or inject xmr JS miners on all the pages they visit.

If OP has a password on their [WPA2] wifi, it doesn't matter if the router is using the default creds because they can't get to that endpoint. This is assuming it's accessible by LAN only.

The rats are on your wifi. Gotta love that these are the immigrants that we so desperately "need."

I see potential in this "x family moved next to me and now i'm seeing ads for y" meme

I have no idea what an ad is or does sorry.

Attached: 1529853273156.gif (600x338, 1.61M)

8 chars takes 7 minutes with oclhashcat with hand shake. Make it 14.

Is your WiFi a basic dictionary word? Generate a secure password. Chinks are cheap and smart at being cheap. Secure your WiFi.

Attached: jp.jpg (390x583, 20K)

Filipinos drive Toyotas.

Looks like a Malaysian moved in since it says Mitsubishi Malaysia.

actually your phone lissens in on you and so does facebook. chances are this guy talked about his new nabours on facebook to a friend and that's why he is getting the adds.

Got an android phone or use FB? It is thought that the phones pick up what you talk about and deduce from that what to spam you with. Google and FB deny this furiously so clearly it must be true.

pick up the phone and talk about, say, that you need to buy a new shower, then see how long it takes to see shower ads all over the place. I'll give it 2 days.

This is what you get for not using Adblocker. You faggot