STOP ALL OTHER (non-X220) LAPTOP THREADS. This it it. This is /ourguy/ 2018

STOP ALL OTHER (non-X220) LAPTOP THREADS. This it it. This is /ourguy/ 2018.

>i7-8650U
>Windows 10 LTSB compatible
>14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS (500 nits)
>100% Adobe RGB
>16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz
>Intel Dual Band 8265 Wireless AC
>2 x USB 3.1 (one always on)
>2 x USB 3.1 Type C (mobile GPU compatible)
>HDMI out
>4-in-1 card reader

Only weights 2.49 lbs
16mm chassis

Best laptop screen on the market (sorry macfags).
Best keyboard on the market.
Clit mouse.
Durable as fuck.
You can even make it a gaymen laptop.

It's over. /ourguy/

Attached: Screenshot 2018-06-25 18.37.12.png (1358x1080, 981K)

>Windows 10
dropped

>Intel

Attached: 15298889198360.gif (487x560, 898K)

CHINNY CHIN CHIN (L@@K)

Unless I can spec it without a camera and mic, it's not /myguy/. I don't trust hardware switches. I simply do not want the hardware in my machine in the first place. Thinkshutter is a shit.

>14" 1440p
that's dumb
>thin söymachine
Yeah i bet it'll throttle to 0.1ghz after mere 30 mins of prime95

fucking piece of shit i want my laptops with non-ULV shitty cpus and adequate cooling back

Attached: r843.jpg (250x337, 29K)

>Now That's What I Call Shillposting!: 2018

>Windows 10
>1440p display better than Apple's
>Windows 10
>Starting at just $1,500 for some average components and Windows 10
>paying over a grand for a machine without a custom OS

Attached: tim cuck.jpg (668x770, 268K)

dont worry, you can install arch with your waifu wallpaper

AMD doesn't laptop

need more tinfoil

Looks pretty nice but I don't need a lot of power on my laptop as I also own a desktop. Will this be a no-compromise upgrade from X230 that has IPS monitor already? Is it as durable and is the keyboard water protected?

>no ethernet port

looks gay

Name 2 laptops that can be spec'd without a mic.

Also all thinkpads I've dealt with could disable any individual peripheral through BIOS.

>kiketel
*dabs on you*

The X260 could be spec'd without a mic or a camera.

Trusting BIOS to disable hardware functionality is as retarded as trusting hardware switches. In fact, even more so.

1440p isn't bad
>muh font rendering

>I don't care if I can physically block the camera I don't want my machine with it why won't manufacturers cater to me alone while everyone else doesn't mind or wants a camera on their business laptop to have video conferences with REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literal autism. If you don't 'trust' hardware switches you don't fucking know anything about tech and you're just a paranoid brainlet who's scared of shit he doesn't understand.

>Name 2 laptops that can be spec'd without a mic.
Everything in the Lenovo Thinkpad line prior to the inclusion of the Thinkshutter.

>Literal autism. If you don't 'trust' hardware switches you don't fucking know anything about tech and you're just a paranoid brainlet who's scared of shit he doesn't understand.
Elaborate since you're an expert.

when both linux and windows have shit scaling yes it is

>A new vulnerability every week, guaranteed
>16:9
>soldered memory
>chiclet keyboard
>Apple lookalike hinges

Attached: 1528795244364.jpg (600x467, 63K)

>Intel ME
Dropped

he cute

>Windows 10 LTSB compatible
into the trash it goes

Attached: trash-gif-3.gif (312x176, 769K)

Apple hadn't had hinges like that since like 2006 what the fuck are you looking at?

Oh yeah becuase its not like you can install another OS, yeah you're definetly stuck with Windows 10!

Wake me up when there are X62 fanless netbooks

>Intel

Oh no its retarded.

>i7 865whatever
stopped reading there lmao.
enjoy your remote management backdoors and donald trump checking out your zoophilia collection lmao

Attached: 1528418140815.gif (440x334, 204K)

>mfw I once had a laptop that could ONLY run Vista properly (and couldn't run 7 at all without BIOS hacks)

>mfw it cost $2500

Attached: 1528702501552.png (600x633, 292K)

>Intel
It's already trash

>implying bios disables the hardware
lol lol lol
just buy a macbook to match your tech literacy already

Attached: 1528416891697.gif (320x240, 1.4M)

>calls it /ourguy/
>doesn't even mention price
whatsamatta bruh, fraid we'll laugh when we see the price/performance ratio

>Incel
>+ integraded Incel GPU
I'll wait for the AMD version

What's the AMD version? Is there one actually coming? I want that too.

As far as software is concerned, disabling something in BIOS is the same as physically disconnecting it. It's not going to be visible or usable to anything outside of the BIOS.

AS far as you know.

he's implying what I've jokingly said for years. gubment spyware is hard coded into all hardware

When even the battery in a laptop comes with it's own controller that requires firmware, trusting hardware explicitly is retarded.

>disable thing in BIOS
>OS can't find or use it, regardless of whether it's running Lincucks, Wincucks, or FagOS
wow

so this is the power of autism

>Thinking that disabling something in closed source BIOS does what you think it does.

If the OS cannot see it, only BIOS, then the hacker must have access outside OS. That most likely means that they were involved in creating the BIOS and/or hardware. It's not certain that the hardware is actually disabled but it narrows down the people who could exploit it. The script kiddie from next door wouldn't be able to activate it but some agencies might. You wouldn't be safe from the government but you would be safe from hackers. Not the person you replied to, btw.

Probably not anytime soon, but my laptop can last another 3 years. By then AMD should have enough market share in laptops for something like this to have it.

You're preaching to the choir.

modern bios can be configured from windows and most people wont even have a bios password and thats the only thing that protects it.

a government agent will peek at you for the lols just like the script kiddie next door would ha ha ha
like don't tell me you're an incel who doesn't lurk former high school qts on facebook

Stop using shit DEs.

>Lenovo
Enjoy your terrible build quality.

>shitting on lenovo build quality

name one laptop with better build quality

Literally Apple. Apple's manufacturing tolerances are the tightest in the industry by far. Nigger my W530's trackpoint buttons don't even sit exactly in the middle of the cut-out. I have a bunch of ThinkPads all with slightly odd or out of place panels and gaps. Lenovo's QC is a joke. If I put them all in a bag and shook them around it would sound like a fucking rattlesnake. Weird creaks out of nowhere.

Literally everyone you read. You can literally cut your fingers on the edges of the new yoga 920, a fucking convertible they expect you to hold in your hands

I will never ever understand the point of touch displays on laptops

>i7-8650U

Does it thermal throttle hard like the T480?

probably anything that goes to the military or companies that care about that stuff

>Intel

I'd want to be able to put it on my lap without the risk of 3rd degree burns

>like don't tell me you're an incel who doesn't lurk former high school qts on facebook
I'm European and have a gf and I don't really use Facebook even though I made an account years ago. Incel isn't very accurate term in my case. I wasn't really talking about myself anyway, I was talking in general. People could weigh the pros and cons of either of those disabling methods and decide how far they are willing to go without being inconvenienced too much. Do they care about being spied on by agencies as well or just script kiddies?

>Intel
>Only 1440p at 14"
>That chin
>Visible fan grills

>fan and headphone jack on the right hand side

>intelaviv
>lpddr3
>win10
dropped

Should've used a ryzen. Same performance as an Intel+dedicated gpu combo without the battery drain.

>european
stopped reading here lmfao

>No dGPU
Why? An MX150 4GB would have made it so much better. At least it's mobile GPU compatible...

>AMD doesn't laptop
What is Thinkpad A480/A485/E480/E485?

>windows
>shitty hinges
>no lid lock
>chiclet keyboard
>oversized touchpad making trackpoint hard to use as LR pointed out
>super thin and not utilitarian
>doesnt look durable
>fagbook lookalike
>new intel CPU with backdoors
>soldered ram
I'll stick with my x220 but thanks for the shitpost

Wait you actually believe the shit you're saying? hahaha

You're a lying piece of shit

Jokes on you, zoophilia is legal where I live

>AMD doesn't laptop
Doesn't mean you should buy Intel.

what about battery? Does it have an optical drive?

Also
>2560x1440 on 14"
complete meme, only for people with 20/20 vision

Kys you delusional ifaggot

>>Intlel

Attached: 1528949173613.jpg (272x276, 23K)

>i7
yeah, pass. I don't support Intel. They unironicly support Feminist Frequency.

Might as well get an A10 APU laptop considering the performance hit of all those security patches.

>>AMD doesn't laptop
>Doesn't mean you should buy Intel.

Um, yes it does.

>Winblows 10
>WQHD meme
>16GB meme
>Incel Inside
>No ethernet
trash

Didn't expect anything else from a tripfag.

help im trying to build a lil rig. it'll be mostly for editing 4k, and RED footage as well as some motion graphics and C4D. Please advise

Attached: laptopspecs.png (1258x460, 130K)

Truth?

Qualcomm isn't there yet.
Either way, AMD will never be, faggot.

Let me guess, it has a dual core ULV processor.

Tripfag completely missing the point again. Yawn.

He is right tho. You don't need to be an applefag to aknowledge this fact. Just because their production quality is great doesn't mean their engineering isn't shit to begin with.

t. Used to work at a repair shop

Step 1) Don't get a laptop

I didn't miss the fact that you disagreed with the assessment that AMD laptops being garbage was more than enough reason to buy Intel.

Was there some other point? I'm asking rhetorically because I already know the answer.

Good luck trying to replace the hard drive, RAM or wireless card. Lenovo whitelists that shit so you have to to buy it through them for a high price. The exact same one from some other vendor won't work.

Attached: kai.jpg (1280x720, 391K)

Lenovo is occasionally shit, but Apple is consistently shit. They repeat their engineering mistakes for decades.

Is this an attempt at satire? Nobody is seriously this dumb.

i have to, my job requires me to work on location and while traveling

Actually Apple always goes with the absolute cheapest parts.

If you want an AMD dgpu and a low res screen Apple is fine, but retina by todays standards basically means 480p or dvd rips.

My fucking 5" phone has a higher resolution than a Macbook Pro.

That you would still tout Apple as a superior product in a situation like that is fucking ludicrous.

It wasn't an attempt, nobody is dumb enough to not realize that it WAS satire.

I'm literally so bored with your responses that I have to pretend to be someone that cares enough to refute them.

Good quality control ≠ high value of used parts.
Stop being a dipshit. Apple has(had?) amazing quality control, this way they distract from the fact that everything they use is trash. Don't get so triggered.

Was that a question?

Because they didn't have amazing quality control in quite a number of products. They had screens burning in, phones that lost signal if you held them a certain way, keyboards that damaged screens, cords that failed, batteries that failed, literally released multiple versions of the same phone with inferior hardware, pretty sure there was a fucking training video telling geniuses to never admit apple was at fault with a fucking literal list of scenarios...

The reality distortion field is real. Its called marketing and your a fucking victim.

Good quality control ≠ tight manufacturing tolerances.
Apple doesn't have amazing quality control. You'd have to be delusional to believe this. They have tight manufacturing tolerances which gives their products a good external fit, but aside from that they're garbage.

That is what I was talking about, their manufacturing quality control is good. Their engineering quality control is terrible or just deliberately bad for the sake of planned obsolence.
They pulled that shit since the 80s, Steve Jobs prevented engineers from adding fans to their Macintosh line because hearing the computer would make it seem "less advanced"
That's my entire point, they deliver precicely manufactured turds to give their customers the subjective feeling of high quality.

I am le tripfag guiseee ;P
am i cool yet 8-)

>intel
>windows 10
>flat shit keyboard
>shitty touchpad
Get out of here right now

Oh and also
>lenovo
>not the cheapest shittiest displays ever
Kek I don't believe you

>U processor

DROPPED

The current X1 has an amazing display, unironically. It's their premium flagship, but you're right about that most of their displays are trash.
What else do you expect from a ultra slim laptop you dipshit?

>1440p
>ddr3
>dual band wireless
>500 nits
>no srbg
>hdmi instead of mini display port or usb-c
What a useless shitbox

The ChinkPad shilling is getting unbearable

Since there's no laptop thread up I might as well post here. What laptop do i buy to get the macbook aesthetic without mac OS and a ridiculous brand markup?

" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS (500 nits)
enjoy those non existent blacks
t. lg29 owner