Sure kde does not crash every second

sure kde does not crash every second
sure it is just a meme

Attached: Screenshot_20180626_013733.png (1366x768, 583K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/749349/how-to-set-intel-idle-max-cstate-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wergs on my mageen :DDDD

Deadass man, it keeps crashing for me as well, I just wanted a comfy distro, not this shit

I feel you
I hate gnome but atleast it just werks

askubuntu.com/questions/749349/how-to-set-intel-idle-max-cstate-1

what does it have to do with kde crashing

I kept telling you guys that KDE is a crashy shit fest
KDE5 is hot garbage, KDE4 wasn't nearly this bad and KDE3 was the last good series.
LXQt can't come soon enough

last time I had KDE crash was because I ran a system update and didn't restart. opened up Dolphin and it got super pissed off.

What is that, Kubuntu? Stop trying to use complex desktop software on anything Debian based. That shit is for servers and gave me nothing but trouble on my laptops. Debian power management is garbage and Ubuntu is just plain broken. OpenSUSE Leap just works on my machine.

Attached: Screenshot_20180625_203217.png (1366x768, 552K)

>mfw kde 5.12 works perfectly on Debian Testing

Attached: Screenshot_20180625_193647.png (993x1080, 157K)

> 2018
> Just figuring out that KDE is buggy garbage.

>apt-get
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP DOING THIS. Also you have no thumbnails in the Firefox file picker.

Attached: 6ln11t-x15tqpnk408z.jpg (640x640, 65K)

sorry you had trouble properly configuring your display server and desktop environment. was there anything in particular you needed help with or had a question about, or did you just want to share with everyone that you're a braindead mouth breather?

I don't need a progress bar so I use apt-get. apt search does look prettier than apt-cache search, I'll give you that.

Regarding thumbnails, you're right. I could probably get those working; Manjaro had them if I remember right.

>I don't need a progress bar so I use apt-get
That's... that isn't... user just fucking Google it.

>Regarding thumbnails, you're right
You need a patched version of Firefox. OpenSUSE devs patch it out of the box.

Attached: 6bopun-oogww8emc2yy.png (1280x720, 229K)

It was gentoo. I spent 36 hours on compiling and this shit I got
I just want you fags to know kde is still crashing if you add your google account to the messanging app and you decline incoming converasation requests

>It was gentoo
>I spent 36 hours on compiling
Nice job falling for the worst Jow Forums meme, retard.

Attached: 6rd31u-yqbxxbgvkjdz.png (600x637, 189K)

Last year, KWin crashed every day or three and killed my X session when it did. Now, it only crashes a few times a month and doesn't kill my X session. Yay, progress! (Yeah, I should probably switch to LXDE, but inertia is a bitch.)
t. Gentoo

>That's... that isn't... user just fucking Google it.
No, explain it you dumb frogposter

>killall -SEGV plasmashell
>kde crashes
WTF KDE is shit I'm going back to gnome

I got memed too.KDE is not what the shills made it out to be.

apt-get is depreciated for other reasons, not my job to spoonfeed you

Attached: 6ase0x-zn2wg1rsj3xy.gif (800x792, 607K)

sounds like a YOU problem again

Delid it

Attached: Mr Robot TYRELL.jpg (635x635, 52K)

DELID

Attached: TyrellWellick.png (581x581, 318K)

Attached: Asuka_vs_Rei.webm (640x360, 384K)

>heh heh gnome bloated use KDE that is just as bloated
>heh heh it its imaculate guys! so fast for gayums and minimal
>it literally pulls in 100s of dependencies

KDE made me stop using DEs all together and switch to WMs.
On my laptop that I just use for work I actually love using wayland/gnome because it handled multi screens with proper scale/aspect/DPI which xorg/kde doesn't.
It also removes any screen tearing on my intel GPU.

I still use i3 or xmonad with xorg on my gaming rig though because it has better performance even with xorgs graphical flaws.(artifacting/tearing/unsynced/ect)

>can't come soon enough
nigger it's been out since ever

This right here. Nothing segfaults on it's own these days. Not even if someone pulled a 'Kung Pow: Enter the Fist', and taught them memory management wrong as a joke.

I've only had problems with KDE on Ubuntu. Come to think of it, I've only had most problems on Ubuntu...

Looks like they made a fuckie wuckie

Works for me

Attached: 1522633181784.png (491x616, 268K)

this is why you need to install gentoo and use their stable trunk to run plasma.

duh.

Actually if you have a vertical panel KDE gets very glitchy. I don't know why.

maybe they thought ppl aren't going to be THAT stupid. use it horizontal.

thank you

install mate

Nah, don't blame debian/ubuntu. They have their problems but Neon proves that KDE can work on there. Kubuntu has always been an unofficial completely broken clusterfuck though.

it is gentoo's kde plasma
read the fucking thread

My vertical panel has never caused me problems.

I got a horizontal one too. They play nicely with each other.

Which one is your systray in? That's the widget that keeps spazzing.

Horizontal now, but I had just the vertical one for a long time and the tray did fine on there too.

KDE Neon, by the way. No issues ever since they got their shit together. Early releases were rough.

xfce doesn't have this problem

I switched to Xfce4 last night for that exact reason. I just could not use that buggy shit. I was reluctant because I thought Xfce4 would be uglier than than KDE but it turns out it's sexier in every way.

Attached: desktop-062518.jpg (1920x1080, 477K)

KDE works best with nothing but the right distro namely Arch, Gentoo, Opensuse, Neon.

fpbp

What Distro? If It's Ubuntu/Kubuntu they like to de-couple the Plasma and Qt releases, and that causes a lot of issues.

OpenSUSE, Arch, Debian all do a really good job at making sure the versions of the packages match, and I can't say I've had a crash on Arch in multiple years...

>I picked a hobbyist distro and am angry that it's not working perfectly out of the box, couldn't be that I compiled it wrong!!!!

Gee, almost like you're a retard...

>kde
>working perfectly on debian
lol no

I find this very cute, not sure why. Probably because of AC

some month ago I was just writting on Libreoffice and Gnome just stopped my session without warning, plus the drag and drop of picture into libreoffice and the scroll was slow as shit (Intel gpu)
XFCE is shit
LXQT is even shitter
KDE, while consumming just a little more of ressource than XFCE, is good enough as what I except of a DE, plus it don't crash for me and I can conf it to look and act like Unity

end of the debate for me

Attached: 4cc34bc8768b155d4da686b2c8096d7ebae4dd2741007bbec69cb3e30d62e6bb.png (2124x3000, 547K)

GENTOO

Kubuntu is much more reliable now

And this, my frens, is why I switched from Kubuntu to Linux Mint Cinnamon

it seemed to crash less the more I used it

>linux gaming
Opinion discardd

I just installed citra and kde got ultra glitchy now. One time when I closed citra, the whole DE went down and I was sent to login screen.

>he fell for the gentoo meme
Fucking retard, lmao.

Im on tumbleweed and im a few small problems away from switching back to manjaro

Spoken like a true Archbabby

I only ever had problems with KDE on arch. Switched to debian and it runs perfectly.

>gnome
missing basic functionality, bloated
>kde
buggy and bloated
>xfce
looks and feels like a 2004 meme

what the fuck am i supposed to use

Arch + KDE 5.13 works perfectly for me

of the major DE's I think KDE has the most bloat
I'm using it right now and don't care for it at all.
it has all kinds of built in aesthetic options that dont interest me at all
have windows fall into pieces when its closed
windows glide effect when moving
can have them wobbly when moving, fade, blur, list goes on, just mundane bloat, what im listing is the bare minimum KDE

at least with gnome that kind of garbage is supplied as extensions so you only download what you actually want

i3 the best still

same here on arch.
I guess I'm gonna switch to XFCE as at least it just werks

the only thing I don't like about usung i3 is that I can't find my phone when plugging it by usb. What's the thing I gotta install for it to work find and mount automatically my phonr storage? Android btw I can't find a solution online

You have to install mtp probably. It has nothing to do with i3

Tfw Manjaro still doesn't have 5.13....

Cinnamon, nerd.

cinnamon even looks more dated than xfce.
it is an abomination

>falls for the OG meme distro
>blames KDE for shit getting fucked

Windows. It just werks™

Why not just switch over to the official Arch repos?

Does look like a 2004 meme to you? It's really all about setting up compton and then theming.