/ag/ & /am/ : Sony ES edition

Audio general and Audio memes

Official /ag/ Speaker and Amp guide Version 1.0

Attached: 13963118146_909cc2e237_b.jpg (1024x681, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/eTKEPNkG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sorry forgot pastebin
pastebin.com/eTKEPNkG

I sincerely don't get audio fags. What's the difference between me listening on my iphone and you trough 6 audio systems?

Scram, ifag.

then why id you even post in this thread

The audio setup from OP is for real men. iphones are for homosexuals

anyone know a good guide to start to get into collecting portable sony stuff. Cassette walkmans, discmans, minidics, dat etc?

i want those

Attached: absolutely beautiful.jpg (512x512, 67K)

Good luck, I'm behind seven power filters

Even going back 10 years phones were just phones and it was the only way. Music was not ubiquitous as it is now and there was a good chance you had music spread out on cd vinyl and recordings you made cassette mini disc and dat.

All formats had a trade offs and none did everything well. These days a full ESS rack is showing of some cool harware. But its all 16 bit and pretty meh.

We technically could of had DSD 5.64mhz encoded on DAT in the late 90's: That would of been a true end game archival recording format.

Probably a stupid question, is it possible to setup a center channel with a stereo receiver?

no i dont think so

info on those?

yep owned it all cd md walkmans and dat R2R

just dont in 2018. trust me. just download DSD rips from rutracker and buy a chink DAP. Live happily ever after

Attached: IMG_4339.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

sony ES series, best of the best fromsony mostly made from the late 1980's to mid 1990's

Attached: sony-es_90023.jpg (1920x1440, 794K)

more for collector value/novelty

Attached: 2776654860_ea47880915_o.jpg (1200x800, 488K)

cool

Attached: DftAqdSWkAE3FNe.jpg (576x1024, 72K)

Poorfag here, what do you think of the T15?

Attached: 0747192118785_p2.jpg (400x270, 8K)

check the pastebin

>look mom i said the thing again

Lol thanks

I pick up ES stuff from thrift stores sometimes.

I found a CDP C67ES CD changer that's about 30 yrs old and a 400 DVD changer (I know very stupid and big and useless etcetc) called a DVP CX777ES that I got for $10 on sale. Some people still spend hundreds upon hundreds for these. It could cost more than a modern updated home system. Obviously all this stuff is obsolete.

But if you like old stuff, the Sony overall quality was amazing and the look and feel is still top notch. I have a KA1ESA cassette deck also. I like old Sony products because for the most part everything is laid out in a way that makes sense to me across all of their product lines. This is lost on more modern Sony designs and layouts. Although they still use that same green color for power and headphone jacks...

But the 400 Disc Explorer is currently just sitting in my closet desu...

Attached: DSC_0442.jpg (3840x2160, 2.02M)

You want matching speakers. Ideally from the same series

No. To get a center channel you need to begin by having a system that will pull the 5.1 feed off whatever source you are supplying, that requires that the device understands the various codecs in play with DVD, Cable or Dish. Once you have that you'll likely also have a specific output for a center speakers so the problem goes away.

Out of everything I tried, I Onkyo receivers sounded the best to me.

nigga hook that up to a surround sound system, and load it up with SACD

Its so enormous. Twice the size of my receiver. I had it hooked up for a minute. It has an old keyboard connector so you can type and search titles with an on screen menu.

Attached: DSC_0445.jpg (3840x2160, 2.93M)

why the fuck do you not want to be constantly using this, thats the coolest shit ever

My Philips AS3 from the "early" days.

Attached: Untitled.png (1165x1534, 3.35M)