The GAP

Jow Forums are you happy in knowing that your lifelong playing videogames, modding, using linux and just being a techy nerd puts you ahead of about

85% of the current population in terms of jobs and future prospects.

Are you happy that tech is getting harder to harder to get into?

Are you happy that coding is only going to get more and more complicated?

Jow Forums I'm just happy that all that time sitting in front of the computer doing random modding has prepared me.

Are you happy that most jobs in the future will be tech related and normies can't even tell the difference between i3 and i5. Let alone even know what that is.

Are you happy Jow Forums?

I know I am, the next 40 years, I'm literally just going to keep being a tech nerd and just live a comfy life cause the world demands it.

These normies trying to get into coding can't even grasp the concepts that to us are just simple.

JUST LOOK AT REACT, a simple state management system but yet normies cannot grasp it.

I'm glad that there is stuff like youtube and reddit, so normies can continue to just waste time while we keep getting smarter in tech even if it's just shitposting...

Jow Forums we made the right decision.

Thanks for all the knowledge Jow Forums

Attached: great-big-tech-gap.png (551x619, 348K)

Fuck react and webshits. I'd rather burn the whole field to the ground.

Other than that everything's really getting easier.

There is the possibility it could get easier with better approaches to programming languages or AI.

What good is all that knowledge if you still have to play the jewish higher education meme to play at all?

i just want to kill myself

FUCK YOU
The tech industry needs to burn to the ground.

Attached: react.png (1264x1608, 791K)

you have to be a literal retard to not understand that.

Such simple concepts man. I mean it has functions labeled to tell you what they do.

found the normies,

Give a good reason why you should be mixing HTML, CSS and javascript for no other reason than to complicate your life and the lives of everyone around you?

>becoming a wagie
no thanks

Maybe instead of trying to separate everything as much as possible they should have focused on the actual functionality people want.

All three are used to deliver a product, I would rather have synergy between all 3 and have them intertwined then be separate from each other.

Complicate? Mate it makes it easy but only if you grasp the concept, which is very simple btw.

Good Job you're literally retarded.

Dynamic content

I'm sad I don't want to program anymore and I'm just burnt out and can't find a job as anything else, I wish I could at least be a Project Manager but everyone is looking for developers this days I don't even have the motivation to keep up with the latest trends, it's sad

Attached: robotweed.png (500x693, 208K)

t. Completely detached from the Unix way

>doing simple shit in a complicated way is not a waste of precious time
hmm

Frontend devs are locked in doing repetitive stupid shit
Never will they grasp any higher beautiful concepts of programming and IT in general
It's really sad
Also they feel smart for learning all this non sense, I pity them

html, css and javascript has been bastardized and they don't even realize that it's the wrong tool for what they are doing and how they do it
but they are so unimaginative that they can't come up with a better solution (no time, better create this next stupid thing that generates me the shekels, eheheh)

it's the wrong tools for user interfaces, but we are so used to it that we are invested now and think it's good
like javascript

nothing beats the beauty of an actual programming language and an engineer who knows what he is doing

html/css/javascript is messy
it exists in the current state only to occupy the small minds with repetitive tasks

me too

>html, css and javascript [...] is the wrong tool for web frontend
Please enlighten me on what the correct tool is for web frontend shit

not the same person you were talking to, but HTML, CSS and JS are an unholy badly designed trinity.

They should be burned and start with something fresh

I can't wait for wasm to take over and make front-end scripting obsolete.

Yes, but what is the other option?

hey uncle ted

for the browsers we use right now, there is none
and that's the reason why people use it, not because it's good but because there is no other option
and no one really cares, everyone just wants to make his next killer app

real IT enthusiasts realize that it's bad because we enjoy logic, sensible things and don't like tools that waste peoples time
there is no elegance in html/css/javascript

it was never meant to be used in the way we use it nowadays

why do people still bother putting navbars in and tags instead of just using and everywhere
like someone is going to read your html and says: "wow, very nice semantics, this guy really knows how to write html"
Who really cares anymore when we have col-2 col-4 col-6 classes all over the place

there is no right or wrong in frontend deving, but the real problem is, there isn't even a good way of doing things, it's "do whatever works, no one really cares lol, it sucks anyways"
there is no beauty in html/css/javascript
ruby is beautiful, python is sensible, c++ is powerful
html/css/javascript for gui deving is just shit

we make the best out of it, but the best we do still sucks because we misuse the tools
html/css/javascript is the only tool we have right now, but this doesn't make it the right one

we are so used to using that stone, we can't even think of a hammer anymore
"hahaha, a better way? you are insane *continues to hit the nail with a big clumsy rock, surrounded by a dozen crooked nails*"

>synergy
>Complicate
>concept

>Please enlighten me on what the correct tool is for web frontend shit
something similar to Actionscript. I'm not joking.

> ...

God, I wish that were happening instead of the continued dumbing down of technology that reduces every human-machine encounter to tapping shiny buttons on a screen.

what's the difference between this and fucking PHP?

>Complaining about mixing HTML, CSS, and JS when there's no CSS in the example
>Complaining about using a scripting language to write HTML (what has been done for over 15 years)
>Complaining about an industry you don't understand using a screenshot of someone else who doesn't get it either

I think you're just an angry person user, I hope you find some peace

Well said mate but this is where react makes it fun

React is a beauty, it intriduces a new(old in grand sense) concept to web dev. No more just random shit here and random shit here. It tries to bring a flow.

It sort of gets rid of the html nonsense in a way, takes HTML and turns into a nice little div mania inside one function. If you think about it, there really is no longer HTML. HTML is now used in react to sort of separate the rendered parts of the components. Now it has CSS as the styling language, but then again you can have inline css so effectively there is no longer CSS and its all just Javascript.
So now you have Javascript controlling all 3, and turning into one package.

The difficulty and the hate for react comes from people who don't/can't do code or solve a problem. They just want the HTML back and so they can an easy route. I write the line here and style it with this. Now you can't do that and it requires you to think about how you can incorporate logic into that simple line and make it dynamic.

Simply put and this is a FACT, any Webdev who hates react is a shitty coder and shouldn't code in the first place. It's not hard, you just simply suck.

This is why I love React, it weeds out the non technical, wordpress fags.

Now Webdev actually requires SKILL.

getsearch = () => {
if (this.state.search.length > 1){
axios.get("api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=" + this.state.apikey + "&language=en-US&query=" + this.state.search)
.then(res => {
this.setState({ moviels: res.data.results });
})}
}

you see the above is all actual code and the level that can be found in C++ or python apps/programs. Someone who only knew HTML/CSS and was a wordpress fag is going to utterly lost when they see something like that. For an actual programmer or dev with skill, the above is trivial.

Ah yes, i too implement my site entirely in client-side javascript.
Javascript is supposed to EXTEND pages, not implement them all together.
Lets do a though-experiment. The Chrome JS engine has a fatal bug that causes it to fail silently on any DOM interaction. It is not fixed for five days. Chrome has high usage, so atleast 50% of all Internet users are affected.
How much loss will the big-10 see in terms of profit and usage? What will you do as a web developer, when you see that betting all on one horse is not the greatest of ideas?

That's cool and all but has absolutely nothing to do with the posts linked or the actual current state of the web.

God, i wish that were me

Attached: téléchargemlent.png (800x802, 238K)

PHP is serverside

Do people actually do this?

If the bus driver is having to put up with a particularly shitty passenger, I'll say thanks - maybe it'll make their shit day be a little better.

I just say "bye, have a good day" or something, usually.

I won't bite yout bait OP,
the tech field is so fucked right now,
it's impossible to find any dev jobs in my area,
this field is so competitive

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 54K)

This though

Attached: wssjniG.png (1200x1071, 340K)

i say "cheers" as i'm walking out. many people do.

>Jow Forums are you happy in knowing that your lifelong playing videogames, modding, using linux and just being a techy nerd puts you ahead of about
>85% of the current population in terms of jobs and future prospects.
uhu

It's ok.

Attached: 1529159089184.png (1200x4932, 1.4M)

are you a fucking redditor

do you reddit space like this

do you make obnoxious shitposts like this

that are barely fucking legible

because you have down's syndrome or something

what the fuck is a sentence

who knows, can't even make one

look at me I'm a fucking idiot

who can't

format

his way out of

a paper

bag

lelelelelelelelelelelele

Attached: n2oaaG.jpg (221x250, 5K)

>Muh outer space jobs

We've been waiting 45 for that shit to happen, still no where close.

I got cancer from looking at the thumbnail.

>normies can't even tell the difference between i3 and i5
The difference does not matter to most programmers, much less normies. Only if you are doing assembly or drivers would you actually care.

What are you trying to say, OP? Because you know that hurr durr i5 bettar that you are a better person? Please die.

This guy Fuchs

>implying you wouldn't want to be a badass broker of time in the future
Do you even 4th dimension, bro?