Is it worth dropping ips colors for 144hz ?

Is it worth dropping ips colors for 144hz ?

Attached: 410MYa+1RuL.jpg (500x480, 22K)

no

yes

install gentoo

maybe

depends on the use case.

I do not know

You might or might not see the difference between 144 ans 60hz.
I didnt so I got 1440p for 199

are you disabled? i can tell a difference between 240hz and 144hz let alone 60 to 144

Have you done a blind test?

no but as I soon as I turn on a monitor I can tell what refresh rate its at

My brother got himself a 144hz screen and while you can see a difference, it's absolutely not worth the money. Especially if you're not gaming.

This. If you don't play games, no real reason to go 144 hz. It's a very noticeable difference in games though, an advantage in most cases as well

There is a difference, it is definitely noticeable especially when playing games, also somewhat noticeable when doing basic shit, movements like mouse movement just look smoother.

That said, it ain't worth dropping IPS unless you're some hardcore gamer that needs it for some reason.

If you can't see the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz, you might have actual eye problems. Just moving the mouse cursor on the desktop should be enough.

Its called a placebo you retard.

I can easily tell when my monitor sets back to 60 for from just 90 fps.

buy stax

do you want pretty colours or are you fps try hard?

You should be able to tell the difference between 60 and 144 just by moving the mouse unless you're a 30 year old boomer.

get off the internet, old fuck. your eyes must be shot

DUDE

Attached: nodiff.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Seeing more than twice the amount of frames is placebo. If we didn't live in a society where disability is rewarded, natural selection would've killed you.

I was talking bout his claim about being able to tell 240 and 144 hz

No. Never.

144hz ips is where its at.
Shame they lack 32" 2k panels

you need to answer that yourself fucker

if you are a 12yo playing fortnite or other esport gaymes yes

Might help with screen tear.

get a CRT

No unless you absolutely need it. Or you can just pay more for 144Hz IPS monitors and get both benefits.
Other option is VA panels but Jow Forums don't like them.

why are there no inbetween from 60 to 144
ive been on a 4:3 LCD 75 + CRT 85 for years
I cant step down to 60hz now, do I have to go for the 144 meme? my card doesn't even have a displayport and new monitors don't have dvi
I wish flat screens didn't exist

>picture of computer screen
stop

For gayming? Fuck yes

I hope you don't have a driving license, untermensch

I wanna know what's special about the number 144 particularly. Why not 140 or 150?

Did you forget to enable it in Windows settings?

Kek, shut the fuck up. I have a 144hz monitor and a 60hz TV that I occasionally plug into the PC. I often forget to unplug the TV and it makes my 144hz monitor perform at 60hz refresh rate, which is glaringly obvious.
Stop baiting / coping

Refresh rates have to be multiples of 24 for compatibility reasons.

yes because god knows if we didn't see in 144fps then we wouldn't be able to rape our women. Also eyes don't see in frames per second, they process photons. It could be argued that the refresh rate of the human eye is the speed of light

>Take screenshot to show monitor ghosting

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 59K)

They were originally 3D panels. People realized that 72/144 was a little better than 60/120 for 3d content, especially gaming. 3d died but the monitors remained

144 is still a jittery mess. LCD is garbage at motion. If you do it you gotta strobe at 120 which will you give you much smoother motion.

>posting wojaks
stop

Yeah you can definitely tell and if you were even halfway decent at FPS youd be able to tell also

You must be retarded. Even optical sensors processes photons, but they then send an aquired image as an electrical output, same of your eyes.

The speed of light is a measurement of distance traveled in a given time.
It's no use, he's a retarded buttmad poorfag trying to cope.

you're supposed to use a pursuit cam (i.e., sliding on rails, tracking the subjects) for the UFO test, dummy.

>placebo

Attached: 1521454759576.jpg (159x186, 3K)

>refresh rate of the human eye is the speed of light

Attached: 1523003694603.gif (600x366, 822K)

I would say get one of the Samsung 144hz VA panels, but unfortunately they have no QC and are **guaranteed** to break in some way (usually you start getting purple banding on everything within a few months). On top of that Samsung's customer support is trash and not even worth bothering with.

CRT is still so far your only option if you want smooth motion + vibrant blacks.

/thread

I have one of those, I don't see a huge difference between 60hz and 144hz but the biggest thing for me is Freesync. It sucks how it isn't really supported on Linux though.

For a VA panel with >3000:1 static contrast, yes.
For a TN panel, no.

It's pretty easy to tell 120Hz from 60Hz just by waving a cursor around on the desktop. Like immediately obvious, you don't need super gaymen skills or fighter pilot training to tell. I haven't tried 240Hz vs 120Hz but I imagine it'd be harder to tell than 120 vs 60.

t. poorfag that didn't get an Eizo Duravision VA

You should be able to get a 144hz ips panel for around 450€ so I'd go with that.

Attached: acer.png (1392x259, 169K)

Yes.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

god i am so, so tired of this "cant tell the difference" meme. i wouldnt even describe being able to tell the difference between 60 and 120 as "easy", rather, i would have never even given it a difficulty rating. if you cant tell, you are fucking blind dude. im sorry.

Attached: 1529991911832.jpg (640x427, 26K)

sorry I have disappoint you birb poster :(

If you're a muhh esports player yes, if you're not retarded the answer is no

There are definitely diminishing returns, but you should be able to tell the difference between 144 and 60 Hz; even just moving windows around on your desktop.

Attached: 1323250506657.jpg (301x277, 32K)

no
not even for gaming
just wait 3 more months
144Hz IPS panels will be available then