AOSP keyboard can only be installed from random sources or compiling it yourself

>AOSP keyboard can only be installed from random sources or compiling it yourself
>all the keyboards on the Play Store are spyware
>F-Droid only has AnySoftKeyboard and Simple Keyboard
>AnySoftKeyboard is slow, buggy and has a stupid symbols placement
>Simple Keyboard doesn't have word suggestion or autocorrect because the dev is a fucking autist rambling about how every feature is bloat
Holy shit this is bad. I just want a regular keyboard with word suggestion and no spyware, is that too much to ask?

Attached: Screenshot_20180627-111921.png (1440x2560, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T9_(predictive_text)?wprov=sfla1
github.com/rkkr/simple-keyboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

No

maybe

Meanies. (。╯︵╰。)

related: is there anything available like the t9 numpad keyboards we used to get on candybar phones? with non-shit dictionaries and everything

Xperia phones used to come with that option. It was legit the best way to type since keys are so big. T9 is proprietary though, and nobody wants to pay the insane fees for the rights to include it in their keyboards.

Hacker's keyboard

>AnySoftKeyboard is slow, buggy and has a stupid symbols placement
This entire sentence is false. Sure it has retarded defaults but 2 minutes of tweaking it solves everything. It has the best symbol placement, actually. The only thing it lacks is swipe. And how is it slow and buggy?
>Simple Keyboard doesn't have word suggestion or autocorrect because the dev is a fucking autist rambling about how every feature is bloat
You clearly don't understand that different projects have different goals.
>F-Droid only has AnySoftKeyboard and Simple Keyboard
There's also hacker's keyboard, which has ctrl and alt buttons which are sometimes helpful. But AnySoftKeyboard still has a better symbol placement.

>T9 is proprietary though
wait what? isn't it literally just a fuzzy dictionary lookup that keeps a frequency/priority list?

>And how is it slow and buggy?
It is slow ans buggy. If I type too fast, it will stop and then I have to wait 5 seconds or so until it catches up and all the letters appear on my screen. Usually scrambled. Sometimes the cursor will jump a line or two and then I'm typing shit two sentences ago. Sometimes it types the same word two times. The autocorrect doesn't adds tildes and usually suggests irrelevant words. It's shit.
>You clearly don't understand that different projects have different goals.
There is no point to remove word suggestion when it can be disabled. Not to mention that Hacker's Keyboard already offers a keyboard with no extra features. Swipe can't even be implemented in a free keyboard because it's proprietary so it's irrelevant to even consider it.

>ans
It also doesn't highlight in red the words that I've mistyped and get past autocorrect (which are a lot.)
>T9, is apredictive texttechnology formobile phones(specifically those that contain a3x4 numeric keypad), originally developed byTegic Communications (…) The technology is protected by multiple US patents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T9_(predictive_text)?wprov=sfla1

Patented != proprietary.

Your keyboard of choice and AFWall+. Done.

Tell again why the fuck are companies even allowed to patent software concepts? It's ridiculous how somebody can come up with an idea, implement it half-assedly, then license that for a huge fee and then sue the shit out of anybody who tries to come up with a better way to do it.

Blackberry keyboard
They stand for business tier security and privacy

It means that it's illegal to implement T9 or it would be patent infringement. The patent holders aren't doing much with it these days (IIRC they're the same guys who made Swype) but they will gladly sue your ass for all it's worth if you implement it.

Word suggestion is spyware. How you want suggestions if doesn't check what you write?

I'm glad there's someone carrying on the great work of Uriel

All of that is true. But calling a technology proprietary is just wrong. Ideas / concepts / technologies can be patented, implementations can be proprietary. You can make a proprietary program which is not based on patented technology. I am not sure if it's possible to make free software based on patented technology though.

I use "Hacker's Keyboard" as suggested by the Termux devs. You can download a dictionary after downloading the keyboard app.

>input methods are spyware. How do you expect them to send your input if they don't check it?
>CPUs are spyware. How do you expect them to make your calculations if they don't check the numbers and code entered?

Attached: you.jpg (700x1120, 150K)

You might not be able to, since free software is distributed under a license too

lineageos has aosp keyboard included.

>swiping to type is proprietary
You can't patent a typing method what the fuck is wrong with the US. And how come Google, Microsoft and several small dev teams all use swipe?

>Swipe can't even be implemented in a free keyboard because it's proprietary
Gosh I hate the us so damm much.

Just download an AOSP keyboard apk.

You could as long as you're the patent holder and give permission to those who receive your code to reimplement and redistribute whatever is patented. In that case you would lose the patent.

Just use Simple keyboard
github.com/rkkr/simple-keyboard