IT'S HAPPENING

sdcard.org/press/SD_EXPRESS_A_REVOLUTIONARY_INNOVATION_FOR_SD_MEMORY_CARDS.pdf

sdcard.org/downloads/pls/latest_whitepapers/SD_Express_Cards_with_PCIe_and_NVMe_Interfaces_White_Paper.pdf

IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: SD Express.jpg (700x630, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>128TB
Is that even physically possible

> UHS1

Now SD had top class interface ultra low latency and high bandwidth

Makes sense that they will implement NVMe controllers for SD, and also a good thing since SD is (at least partly) a licensed standard, whereas NVMe is open.

>CF Express

may anyone actually tell me how is it possible to fit this abnormal ammount of storage into a plastic piece smaller than a thumb

If the 16 32 64 or 128GB versions didn't surprise you, why would these do?

>128 TERA FUCKING BYTES

Attached: 46b.gif (500x281, 979K)

Technology bitch, I ain't gotta explain shit

128TB is just max access memory.
Today don't exist so high density, usually path for high dense memory is 3D stack memory.

pointless when phones now don't include sd slots

>using 128TB in a phone
>not using it for your PC

We've topped out at fucking 240/256gb TF cards being fucking expensive and shit in durability.

So are you telling me I could put 8 of these to get a petabyte in a 2.5” form factor?

Attached: 8257469F-694C-4E5A-A5EE-D7603EE03FBB.jpg (640x480, 90K)

No as the chinks don't make good controllers and most of them are limited to 32gb per slot.

In 20 years, yes.
OP's picture only states the standard and the capabilities of it, but there aren't any 128tb SD cards and won't be until a few years from now.

What happened with these?

Attached: dims.jpg (1400x750, 211K)

> a few years
More like decades

proprietary shit by samshit that was never adopted by all the people and companies preferring microsd.

>proprietary
Is it, though? As far as I know, it's JEDEC themselves that publishes the standard. if it really was proprietary then it would be Samsung themselves that would be publishing the standard with a hefty fee instead of a standards body like JEDEC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage
UFS use M-PHY agains PCI-E/NVM new SD and CF Express

> The proposed flash memory specification is supported by leading firms in the consumer electronics industry such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics, Samsung, Micron, SK Hynix. UFS is positioned as a replacement for eMMCs and SD cards
> The standard is developed by, and available from, the JEDEC Solid State Technology Association
> On 30 January 2018 JEDEC published version 3.0 of the UFS standard, with a higher 11.6 Gbit/s data rate per lane (1450 MB/s) with the use of MIPI M-PHY v4.1 and UniProSM v1.8

Last i remeber samsung had cards but nobody had readers so there was no point in releasing it

Why didn't Samsung release readers, then? Why didn't they use it on their own phones?

Only snapdragon 835 has support for UFS 2.1 and Snapdragon is very anal about patents and locking features.

No one is going to make UFS cards for a single SOC that doesn't even the function enabled or the slot built in to read said cards.

Samsung eUFS is an extended hybrid card that they one offed and never provided the readers for.

They do use it in their own phones.
It's the internal storage.

I mean as external storage. Of course, it's going to be a given that they're going to use it internally since they're the manufacturers that can solder the parts onto the boards.

Is this a meme?

my vitas sdcard is bigger than my pcs ssd
(only by 8gb, but still)

>More like decades
I already said 20 years, dude.

Does this mean SSDs in M.2 or 2.5" for factors are now deprecated? I mean, we could just use fucking SD cards instead.

lol no

Attached: 1528171583073.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

Where are my 2TB SDXC cards?

So now phones will have PCIe?

Proprietary.

They can fit as much storage into them as they like, they'l still corrupt themselves every 2 weeks.