Are there respectable programmers using twms over just a regular de?

are there respectable programmers using twms over just a regular de?

Attached: logo_400x400.png (400x400, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/875NbdL39A0?t=488
m.twitch.tv/pajlada/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends how you define respectable.

Yes there are. You're on a board full of them!

contributing good code in a big tech company like google

>google
>good ever
wew

That would not at all be respectable from my point of view. Google is evil.

i'm talking about efficiency of code/ generally good code, not the moral aspect

Then why specify that a respectable programmer works at an abhorrent, evil corporation?

I just like them because I can control almost everything with a hand

Attached: johnny test.jpg (640x480, 37K)

because i'm talking about respectable in his field of work -> delivering good code, not being a perfectly moral being. if you don't have an answer to my question, you don't need to post in this thread.

I work at Google and use i3. The creator of i3 himself works here too.

hey is it true that u guys are evil

Individual programmers are unique: just like everybody else.

For any desktop/wm, any os, any editor/ide, you can find at least token devs who are productive, write good coffee, and use that thing religiously.

Op is either a child or trolling. This thread adds nothing.

Plenty of xmonad at Jane Street.

not a troll, i have not worked with developers before, so i wouldn't know which is why i asked. there was a good chance twm's were just another Jow Forums meme.

Yes.

They are a meme in the sense that you'll rarely in an working environment. Not because nobody wants them, but because most companies lock down their systems these days, leaving you with a standard DE like gnome. Different window manager and such are a novelty for home users. We don't know most home uses of "respectable programmers", therefore your question is pointless.

i thought companies like google let you set up your system however you want? at least concerning the desktop environment

If you're in a startup or any job where vein admins on your machine is sane you'll see quite a few twms in my experience.

But yeah persona non grata in corporate environments.

Good luck with that. You may look up Goobuntu.
(No, unless you're some open source, most companies lock you down)

The pure sys admin maybe, point taken there. However that's not the standard programmer.

can't they chose to run a VM with their preferred software stack

We can run whatever, but only get support for Cinnamon. Debian is our upstream. All the corp tools are command line and browser based.

i've heard about goobuntu, although i think they switched to gdebian, i'm not talking about the underlying system tho, i'm talking about the desktop environment

google's code isn't 'good' it's just consistent.

There are other options than twms and DEs. For example, Knuth uses FVWM.

whatever, just talking about professional developers
i only care about de's and twm's

DEs and TWMs are not even a proper dichotomy anyway--apples and oranges. You can use a TWM in a DE.

Everything google puts out besides their search engine is absolute shit when it comes to software quality

You would not expect every employed programmer to prefer the same pair of sneakers to work, but there might be dress codes.
So what is the point of the assumption that inspires asking such a question?

Also, I'll remind you of this: none of the software Jow Forums likes was written by Jow Forums. I suspect exposure to this board has made your understanding of the world constricted.

i3 is a meme. use Awesome.

bloat

Attached: WMramusage.png (290x319, 22K)

i'm obviously talking about using de+wm(that comes with de) versus using exclusively a tiling window manager
i'm not asking about the exact percentage of twm users to de users, i'm asking if there are any professional developers using a twm exclusively for their development

Otherwise you operate computer with feet?

Attached: 584d8a77add599333dcc917fbd4f09b3.jpg (500x888, 34K)

Tell them to quit that AI research and stop providing fiber optic Internet because it sucks.
Damn I bet you are one accomplished individual

My left hand... Get it???
>a hand
>a
as in single hand

Attached: 69.jpg (460x377, 24K)

Oooooh yeah I get it

yay

Attached: credible.jpg (196x322, 13K)

Tnx fren

Lost

Why not?
There is nothing special about twms. In fact, they are just swms without functions that nobody uses anyway. The keyboard control is a meme because stacking wms have it too, so being lightweight is the only important thing about twms.

ESR
youtu.be/875NbdL39A0?t=488

pajlada
he works for twitch
m.twitch.tv/pajlada/