Is Chromecast down globally?

Is Chromecast down globally?

Attached: 34781-main[1].jpg (800x1027, 41K)

Yes

thanks

Can confirm

Attached: Capture.png (780x264, 23K)

I know this is naive but shouldn't the only service chromecast needs to connect to be the content provider?

This

It needs instruction from the botnet master. How else would I be able to cast with out being on the same wifi?

>trusting google anything
why?

Cast is a closed api which may as well work on pixie dust, it uses location, inaudible tones, bluetooth and wifi to determine which chromecasts are nearby.

fuck google

How else is Jewgle going to run it's neural networks on the content that you're streaming to your television?

Don’t have this problem with my Roku. Can still access my local media Plex and other content providers without my dongle calling home.

Working for me. Poor fags

DONGLE'D

Fuck me I've spent about an hour trying to diagnose this shit

they're globaly instaling an update for more spyware

My PS4 doesn't have this problem. Neither do the YouTube and Netflix apps on my TV.

fuck. why wouldn't i check net net before doing about everything else, almost factory'd router

>needing a connection to the central botnet server to stream content between two devices on the same local network

Attached: 1488329633424.jpg (743x646, 58K)

Is there a perfect device which lets me install any android app i want like kodi/showbox/terrarium and also let's me cast from my phone?

enjoy your botnet product OP

tell home mini to turn the volume down
>SOREY I CANT DO THAT
every fucking time

Retard tell it the name of the chromecast

>using Nigger products and services

Attached: EED076AE-B2EF-48E9-B89C-F5194FDAB0E3.jpg (647x767, 170K)

It just checks which device is connected to the same wifi as the chromecast.

So this is the power... of the Internet of Shit...

I can just cast directly to my living room and bedroom TV through DLNA. There's no need for this device.

>have to rely on google's servers to stream between local devices
Bravo Google

>not having a game console hooked up

>the device doesn't work if it can't connect to the botnet
sad

is there anything like botnetcast but without the botnet?

My Xbox 360 doesn't have this problem.

wait, i thought chromecast was a local video streaming system like DLNA, not an online service

Works both ways, you can cast your local content or watch netflix

as in, it can play netflix stuff on its own? obviously i know why that would need an internet connection, but is that what this thread is about?
i wouldn't consider watching netflix on it as "casting", but honestly i don't keep up with this normalfag tech, because it's mostly just overcomplicated, locked down shit

>niggers on Jow Forums not ironically actually caring about BOTNETCast

Attached: 1522858836715.jpg (515x515, 50K)

show us any other screen mirroring/casting device that is as seamless as goycast then

what's wrong with DLNA?

I'm serious

Attached: Microsoft-WDA-title.jpg (1500x402, 44K)

Can you open youtube for an example and press an icon to stream the video to the TV?

in all honesty I don't use the wda anymore since I barely used it. I do remeber it was possible but that's a while ago. I'd test it but all is packed up since I'm moving to another city in two days

Apple TV