VMware Alternatives

>> Buys Fusion Pro 8 for OSCP Training
>> 31 days pass and Fusion Pro 10 is released
>> No free update because purchased more than 30 days before new release
>> No more security patches being released, must buy Fusion 10 Pro

Fuck VMware. Having Workstation Pro 14 installed to on my workstation to replace 12, because they refuse to provide security updates to 12, that version was also purchased within the the past year.

Virtualbox isn't allowed at my company, Offensive security only supports VMware. Let's talk alternatives.

Attached: VMware-Workstation-1.png (256x256, 11K)

if you're running windows try hyper-x i guess. maybe get a gnu/linux box and try qemu-kvm with virt-manager. there's also xen

Qemu and kvm

kvm but try not to kill yourself setting it up

Just got the Workstation Pro 14 volume license key, so that is solved, looking for a solution for MacOS for the time being. About to move, when I get settled into a new house I'll build a Linux based VM server.

Fusion 10 pro keys:
FF5D2-0RX46-H88KP-7YP7E-Z7KTD
AZ71U-FZX5P-H81ZP-Q4XQX-XVR9A
ZY59H-87W0Q-H84EZ-87MXC-X7HC4

Attached: 1528313417231.jpg (720x597, 53K)

fuck i meant hyper-v

just use hyper-v, it's free

>Buys
ultra cuck

Got any recommendations for reading material on KVM outside of the documentation?

I used to pirate a lot, but I want to support developers of products I use. Look at the gaming industry, because of Gamestop reselling games, developers aren't getting paid for their work, some studios have had to shut down because of that, and then what do we get PS4 flooded with shitty indie games and other low quality games. Bands have split up because of piracy, if they can't make a living off of their work, they have no reason to continue, they have bills to pay just as much as anyone else.

I can buy a new license, the point is that VMware's practices are absolute shit and I don't want to financially support them. If there is an alternative to VMware for MacOS, that is what I'm looking for. Virtualbox isn't supported by Offensive Security for OSCP labs.

Hyper-V on MacOS?

Awingu is the Jow Forums choice if you're in a business

>Install Gentoo

>Run Kvm

Or convince your company to buy Nutanix, VASTLY cheaper licensing

What is wrong with VirtualBox..?

Attached: 1495221756023.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>I don't want to financially support them
Then download fusion 10 pro and use one o the keys I provided, fagit.

VMware is the best.
Just pirate, they don't care if you use a pirated copy for personal use, they have stated that off record. (If you feel bad for pirating).

It's quite simple. In case of any doubt just chech Fedora's and Arch documentation.

Like many good things, Oracle.

>Buying software
ISHYGDDT

And oracle is bad because..?
VirtualBox is open source, I see no problem.
While VMWare is closed and should be avoided at all costs.

jews

>FF5D2-0RX46-H88KP-7YP7E-Z7KTD
Lookie there, it works.

I talked with my director, he just uses Virtualbox at home, I can convert the Offensive Security PWK lab VM to an OVF and then import to virtualbox, sweet.

For future reference, all VMware products can be Googled for keys.
I legit found one for vsphere a long time ago and set up a complete server stack with it lmao.
It is not a good idea to do this as an employer or use it for personal profit.

>MacOS
Found the problem

how's Workstation Pro 14 compared to 12?
is it worth the trouble?

how about you just use what the rest of your company uses so your IT dude doesn't have to deal with your snowflake ass all the time?

Anyway, the correct answer is QEMU + KVM on RHEL7.

Literally just compatibility and security updates.

(unless you're running it on linux - they're using GTK3 now)

I passed OSCP on virtualbox last year. Are you a dumb nigger trany incel homosexual drumpf edgelord feminist racist?

Qemu kvm > xen > random shit > VMware > virtual box

>Simple and easy to use is shit
Classic Jow Forums

>Bands have split up because of piracy
...and that's how do you know that someone talks shit.
Bands make money from concerts, not cd sales.

KVM or Xen

Just use virtualbox idiot.