How does Jow Forums feel about using personal hardware for work?

How does Jow Forums feel about using personal hardware for work?

*how about we not click the wrong image this time*

Attached: 10937399ecba071fe55abddebac4d774.jpg (1024x768, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hrblock.com/tax-center/filing/adjustments-and-deductions/are-work-clothes-and-tools-tax-deductible/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone here even have a job?

Attached: 1515168579941.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

You mean like poor people?

Poor people don't have jobs

Shit tier employers do that.

I do that currently, but they want to put me on their domain, so I'm starting to regret that.

It's kind of more convenient for the employee in that you don't switch devices, but opens up a lot of security issues that may counter that convenience.

I have a software dev job in financial services

Right, but I was going to use a personal server on site for a project I'm working on to get it done and then tell them to buy a server to move it to.
But different then a laptop

unless you've got the cost of the server baked into your contract or are willing to eat the cost then don't. also just get them to buy what hardware you say they need so you don't have to set shit up twice then transfer then test to make sure nothings broke because you forgot something cause you already did it once so you though you did it twice

It's a bit shit, but since I only freelance, I will not buy 2 sets of PCs. It's only problematic, then I present something to my clients, but I usually just put all my personal crap into a single folder and take it out afterwards.

I bought 3$ A4 tech mouse in pawn shop for work. I already had one at home.
They both do macros to increase my productivity (so I can spend more time on shitposting in workhours)

Like what.
There is no contract.
They told me do a thing.
I've got to figure out a solution before I spend money, and I don't trust my solution to work, so I must test it.
It will be done in VMware, so once I get the permanent machine, I just ctrl+c ctrl+v

It's like, should I be doing this?

>I've got to figure out a solution before I spend money
Make them eat the risk

It's not them buying the server either.
It's very complicated...

And I don't want to lose my job lol

I run my own business so I don't have to use my brain for dumb shit like this thread. My business buys my gear, and I write it off or depreciate it. Lrn2getaCPA for fuck's sake. At least spring for TurboTax. Pretty sure you can depreciate your gear, too, even if you're employed, you fucking retards. Read a book about something other than fucking lubing your anus with CPU thermal paste.

Here, I just saved you money:
hrblock.com/tax-center/filing/adjustments-and-deductions/are-work-clothes-and-tools-tax-deductible/

Attached: business bear.jpg (414x344, 97K)

I sometimes RDP from my personal PC into my work PC for quickly checking on things, but i usually do my work on the actual work machine because the environment variables, tools and shit are set up correctly. I also have full autonomy to upgrade/replace my work PC and expense the full cost, so its a pretty nice deal actually. My employer is 100% on board with getting shit out of my way and burning cash to realize productivity gains. It's one of those shops where you can sideways mention your surface3 is running a little slow and your COO overnights you a brand new surface4 without even directly asking/demanding it. They dont care about where I do my work. I dont care where my other developers do their work. Source control and continuous integration are centralized, and we have a PR review process so there isnt really any security/integrity concern. The only rule is that any machine directly talking to our corporate email/source control/etc use full-drive encryption because our clients are in a very sensitive sector. RDP eliminates this concern from my personal rig as the only pipeline in/out is the clipboard, sound, shared printers, etc. Its also common practice at many shops to RDP from a jump host into secure systems for this exact reason.

Fucking one of the companies I used to service had no web facing anything. I had a bat file that used plink to ssh to their router and create a tunnel to a box inside.

>personally in digital agency doing some small time website and graphic work
>boss cool with me swapping out ideapad with my own thinkpad
>adobe crapware loaded in 10secs compare 5mins coffee break
>feelsgoodman.jiff
As long your company does not requires iron steel security and got blessing from your employer, you're fine.

else just be your own boss

>user: admin
>pass: admin
>
I could just reset the router just to make everyone take a break

No, it was web facing and we weren't retarded.
I did try the batch a while ago though (with the saved password) and it worked still. Left 2 years ago...

Like what exactly?
I have my mechanical keyboard at work. Is that what you mean?

Or using your gadget for the company, like routers? Which is a big no for me.

OK ok.
>company sharing facilities with another company
>other company splits off and takes the security camera server
>they agree to pay for half the cost of a new one of same size, roughly $5000
>i need to get it up and running
>planing on trying a open source solution at first, and if it fails, buy exacqvision
>need to get it working first to see if it's going to work well
>did I mention the facility is out of state?
>getting flown down there in private air in a month and need to ideally get it going
>have a 8 core 64gb ram unit already running esxi laying around at home collecting dust

It would just be temporary for now, I'm hoping to get this going cheap as shit so I can use the money on massive amounts of storage, and new cameras. I wouldn't even be against selling my server to the company, but idk if that's wise.

Attached: 1517535449332.jpg (560x466, 51K)