What's so special about this guy that people follow him and love him like he's the tech Jesus?

What's so special about this guy that people follow him and love him like he's the tech Jesus?

Attached: 1520508434863.jpg (625x330, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The linux (or gnu/linux) community is filled with people who do things just for the sake of being contrary and out of the mainstream.

That's why they use obscure OSes, program in obscure languages, and worship obscure peop

Attached: the-indian-programmer-starter-pack-does-i-wsr-leave-it-26270725.png (500x622, 99K)

I've never once heard the fat fuck say anything that was completely reasonable.

he invented unix

He created Linux

This. He is a leagues better person than the people who follow him. That is, relative to the average freetard, he IS a god.

Let that sink in.

He fights for software freedom.

Attached: jobforsupermanti-1_large.jpg (316x480, 49K)

>fights for software freedom
>doesn't have a problem with systemD

He brings communist ideals to software nerds. It's some feelgood garbage clothed over the pragmatic uses of open source software.

He also refuses to acknowledge that both OSS and proprietary software have their place. And his obsession with "free" software attracts only those who fall into the ideology, the rest see the hollowness for what it is.

For a self proclaimed capitalist, he sure does borrow a lot from Marx.

don't you see the halo he has?

Correct. Only Jow Forums memesters have a problem with systemd.

>The linux (or gnu/linux) community is filled with people who do things just for the sake of being contrary and out of the mainstream.

Are you saying that the gnu/linux community is full of Artist? Oh you, this if flattering *blush*

he even looks a bit like Marx

He's a world class foot cheese connoisseur.

Stop using words you don't understand or go to Uni, read some books and educate yourself, dumb American

>Communism is free stuff

SystemD is free software though. Poorly designed and structured, but RMS only cares about freedom.

I mean, he wrote emacs for fucks sake, he clearly doesn't care about software minimalism or the Unix philosophy.

He only cares about the licence

>I've only bothered to read 5 pages of the communist manifesto, let alone the rest of Marx's writings and other contemporaries, but this guy needs to learn more because I CLEARLY know more than him

Yeah sure

>Jew
>Crucified for our games
>Redpilling everyone since 1953
well, yeah.. he is tech Jesus

I really have no idea why people insist to inject communism into RMS discussions.
Neither RMS, nor his works is communism related. In fact, it's the opposite; the GPL provides an exit from proprietary monopolies to a free market.

And yet he's almost always right.

Why does the schlomo hate freedom I wonder.

Attached: 1510464549565.jpg (960x726, 72K)

Only NEET aspies care about systemd. They are too incompetent to just stfu and use openRC, too lazy to make their stuff work without systemd, so they do the only thing they know to do: cry.

This. Systemd being used instead of other process systems means nothing to 99.9% of programs that run on Linux. If something better comes along in the future, the 0.1% of programs out there that really depend on what systemd does to your computer can update themselves to reflect what the new system provides. This isn't rocket science.

Dick Gnuman invented software.

He's basically Karl Marx.

>hurrr durrr communism
it's not communism, and if it is, then fuck, communism works somewhere finally!

The communist manifesto LITERALLY can fit on 5 pages. You're a brainlet.

Plz show some consideration for the man who fights for our freedom as in free beer
He's the ancap tech god

Attached: 1529893006230.jpg (251x231, 18K)

I attended a talk we hosted while I was at Berkeley and stole a fuck ton of his stickers. he was pretty much a dick to everybody, but it was just funny.

someone made the mistake of mentioning that the event was advertised on Facebook and he got fucking pissed.

shit was keks.

Attached: linux evangelist.jpg (460x605, 42K)

Because he created open source licenses for software which is important for numerous reasons.

Without the simple licensing and open design of licenses many tech products would never have come to fruition. Open source speeds up innovation in software. Most developers today have benefited greatly from it for free.

Anyone who says anything about open source software being communist disregard them immediately as being retarded. Communist ideals force free labor by violence. Open source is voluntary.

He's a based commie.

Public mentaly instability. Same reason people follow Terry Davis.

He's a genius and stuff but, he's fuckin hard to talk to. He just rambles, he seems superior and he comes off as kind of a dick that doesn't let you talk.

I saw Richard Stallman at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

He IS the tech Jesus.

Attached: 1e4a270296b0a6cfdd12060e5d648899.jpg (960x642, 139K)

This.
He is a Jew so it's not surprising.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Attached: 1520519339904.png (600x399, 293K)

>you can't agree with certain ideals without subscribing to the entire ideology

you can be a capitalist and agree with some of the things marx said. nothing is black and white like that.

Where do you people even come from? Is this what happens when you're 14 and spend too much time on Jow Forums?
This abomination doesn't deserve your replies.

It's a burger thing. Amerimutt is mentally still in war with Russia, which biases words like "sharing" and "free".

Sadly these people stop right here and never read what Stallman's freedom is actually about. An interesting fact that may trigger Jow Forums, or should I say Jow Forums, is that it was Stallmans GPL, that turned Linux from being "communist" licensed into software that is allowed to being sold for profit - an actual requirement to be Free Software.

GPL is anti free market in the sense that it attempts to destroy the concept of property. So long as everyone abides by GPL principles, no one owns any code, and everyone is free to do whatever they want. That's very much a Marxist idea, applied to code.

>hurr durr pol

What the fuck is this bullshit. Refute my point you absolute cretin.

> GPL is anti free market in the sense that it attempts to destroy the concept of property. So long as everyone abides by GPL principles, no one owns any code, and everyone is free to do whatever they want. That's very much a Marxist idea, applied to code.
If I can copy-paste it, it isn't property.

Communist memes, freetard, jew, the second coming of Marx, crazy old man... What is there to even say to this?

>Is this what happens when you're 14 and spend too much time on Jow Forums?
It's literally that.

best responses ITT
go back to Jow Forums

fugg

these two are the best responses, the rest is Jow Forums bait

>comes along and single handed starts a revolution, a system, and a copyright license which is the greatest hack ever: everyone can copy, nobody has a right on knowledge.

Attached: 1498459675912.png (512x512, 102K)

You should thank him every day for your freedom.

Attached: rms.jpg (700x979, 134K)

though life is but a dream
you fasten every seam
you wanted to be

Attached: 1501524873843.png (1500x2085, 3.08M)

yeah he's not the friendly and welcoming man he appears to be
I still appreciate his work