/truths/

ITT: tech truths which trigger Jow Forums
I'll begin.
>Linux is a kernel.

Attached: 1497904349157.jpg (800x814, 82K)

>Linux is a kernel.
and you wouldn't be wrong

Different operating systems have different functions and are marketed towards different people. There is no best operating system or distribution

Windows is truly the best operating system out there, and this is a fact.

GIMP is an excellent source of circles.

Attached: 1431996351030.png (1000x1414, 1.25M)

Idiots often post on fourchin

Musk was an ugly balding goblin who got bought out because he wanted to ditch Linux infrastructure for windows.

His payoff bought him hair plugs and seed money and now he slays more 10 puss than anyone here ever will

Moral: migrate to windows

Attached: 4L_VliAvzhT.png (602x384, 285K)

Is Trump Macfag?

Richard Stallman's contributions are inessential and replaceable.

The Linux userbase is mostly incompetent with the software they use because no one configures and compiles their own kernel and instead use the all-purpose kernels distributed with their distributions.
They're familiar with the userland tools but not the kernel itself. You will not find help for using the kernel itself on most of the forums dedicated to it.

>ditch Linux infrastructure for windows.
That's not true. He wanted to switch to Unix. Which at that time was much worse, and not free. He made the right call at the time, but his aspie unix fan colleagues said no out of idiotic principles.

He said tech truths, not tech jokes

But there is a best kind of people.

Calm down there Jow Forums

this.

Attached: fglt.jpg (680x649, 74K)

nice meme

Trump is a macfag and a massive mobile user.

>GNU is a fully functional kernel, while Linux is OS. So it is Linux/GNU

Does he still use a S3 or did he finally upgrade to something newer?

Fucking phoneusers.

The applefaggotry is real

Attached: trump-iphone.png (625x364, 60K)

>ITT: tech truths which trigger Jow Forums
>Linux is a kernel.
But Jow Forums says this all the time. I mean, the biggest meme on this board is a copypasta about how Linux is a kernel. Are you confused or stupid?

Honestly an iPhone suits him better than any Android smartphone. (supposedly) Idiot-proof and made by an American company.

I didn't realise musk had a hair transplant before seeing him like this, there's hope for me yet

macos is real unix.

Theo is old and OpenBSD will most likely die with him.

Hard to swallow an true. That being said, Apply obviously bought that UNIX cert (being based on outdated BSD und GNU software with botnet on top). How else would it be possibles that OpenBSD isn't UNIX, but MacOS is? The answer: nobody cares except advertisers.

What happened to the whole "boycott apple" thing? Did he just completely forget he said that?

In case you haven't realized already he has the memory span of a goldfish. He'll say one thing today and within 24 hours he'll say the complete opposite.

Secret service probably couldn't secure android to the standards required.

Is this Donald Trump, president of the United States?

>yfw your president is a literal boomer

He said "boycott apple" when apple refused to cooperate with the FBI as a PR campaign. But when the press didn't report the case anymore, they helped secretly to unlock the phone.
The plan worked, because everyone just rememberes that they care about their users privacy.

They are massive faggots, but they do ingenious moves now and then.

disliking a language or some software because of its CoC or because of trivial politics rather than disliking it based on technical merit shows that you are the opposite of a technical person

it's more like, spend 10 mins on kernel config and 10 mins compiling and do this every few days for a month because you didn't realise you needed some obscure kernel config enabled to do something basic
but man, nothing beats that feeling you get when you don't need to touch the kernel again

>But Jow Forums says this all the time.
and you get about 20 triggered people posting the 'no, richard, it's 'linux'' copypasta

Trump says whatever will get his crowd to cheer him in the moment. Not what is right and sensible in the long term.

>Politicians saw whatever will get his crowd to cheer him in the moment. Not what is right and sensible in the long term.
ftfy

His lie frequency is unparalleled, even for a politician.

I won't disagree with that, but rather I'm pointing out it's a natural thing to do. Politics is a dark art and there is no truthfulness anywhere.

Source?

Wikipedia. The FBI said that a company helped them which wants to stay secret. But it's obviously Apple. Everything else wouldn't make sense.

True
True
True

>because no one configures and compiles their own kernel
Why would anyone waste their time solving an already solved problem though

systemd isn't that bad. Especially compared to some of the other stuff Red Hat has put out.

Open borders for Israel!

Attached: 1498194299632.jpg (396x382, 41K)

There is no Linux in WSL

Trump hates Apple. Reason enough to use them.

>und
>Eurotrash

Opinion discarded

Not true at all. Linux is way more than just a kernel.

You are a dumbass of the highest caliber. Apple did no such thing. You are retarded as fuck.

>sees someone stating a fact
>tries to think counter arguments
>begins to sweat
>"f-fuck off b-back to r*ddit"

Why Thiel looks like a villain?
Seek medical help.

Attached: apiscreenshotproxy.jpg (1140x600, 45K)

>"a press report claimed Cellebrite had assisted with unlocking the device, which an FBI source denied"
Learn to read, dipshit.

thinkpads actually suck given their price

>believing some fbi source
Are you literally retarded?

>be trump supporter screaming "fake news"
>believing the press over the FBI
How can you live in this miserably contradictory state?

>implying
>implying
>implying
I'll bet you still believe $hillary dindu nuffin.

You have nothing left but to double-down on the stupid, eh? Why not just give up?

>"stop implying"
>implies
Again: How can you live in this miserably contradictory state?

>believes corrupt organizations
>calls me stupid
Right back at ya

linux is common parlance for any os running the linux kernel

You're so dense, I don't even know where to start. I usually don't say this, but in this case I hope this is bait.

Attached: 1477710569812.png (446x384, 37K)

>the kernel is not even important it is the application software which runs on it
>microsoft is going to let the 2000s games die
>Terry is actually an idiot

Attached: 1529708442766.png (701x720, 356K)

Pathetic. Final (You)

I don't know about idiot, but Terry doesn't do anything that every second year CS major doesn't do - make a rudimentary OS.

Vim and Emacs are the best text editors.

>emacs
>text editor
It's an OS, retard.

>Why Thiel looks like a villain?
because he is.

It's gif, not jif.

found the reddit user

have fun messing around in your un-intuitive OS you autistic POS

It's ok. You can pretend you don't use Reddit.

The dick only makes it better.

macOS has interesting keyboard shortcuts

Animation is technology:
You'll never have big fucking anime titties in your face
>pic related

Attached: HappyNene.jpg (4074x5936, 2.08M)

I support Trump but I acknowledge that he's full of shit half the time. I like how he deals with immigration, North Korea, and other topics. But his Europe politics is fucking retarded. He needs to leave us... I mean Germany alone. They haven't done anything wrong and he makes shit up, saying they owe him money.

fpbp

Video games are bigger technology than this whole board

traps are gay

Mac > lincucks

Attached: IMG_20180512_144447.jpg (900x498, 71K)

True. Another truth to trigger Jow Forums: Traps aren't technology.

holh fuck she's ugly

Windows 10 is actually the best windows. Not memeing.