Why should I get a ThinkPad over this?

Why should I get a ThinkPad over this?

Attached: apple-macbook-pro-with-touch-bar-13-inch-2016-36.jpg (1600x900, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-NU7yOSElE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's not gay

You can easily replace the ram and hard drive and even add another hard drive to where the optical drive would normally be.

you should get whatever the fuck you want

Well, OP==faggot, so that seems perfect for you

The X1 Carbon and T480s RAM is soldered to the motherboard

The SSD isn't. And the battery isn't glued to the case either. The X1's repairability isn't great, but it's miles better than the MBP's.

>THINKpad
>Apple: think different
What does thinking different mean? Just look at the company, it means being homosexual. No thanks, I will NOT think different.
That's why you should get a ThinkPad over this gay botnet.

willy

Attached: Capture.png (493x129, 45K)

This.
90% of the time, Jow Forums doesn't know what the fuck they're even talking about. They just regurgitate screenshots of CNET articles and Louis Rossman videos.

Get what you want. If you don't like it, wipe it and return it.

Depends do you want the Mac for the laptop or the OS?

If OS then just hackintosh

If laptop, look at other alternative ultrabooks

If you really want a mac just go for it, its your money amd the worst people on Jow Forums will do is call you a fag, which you'll forget within a week

If you have any self respect you'll get a mac just because how amazing the screen is.
Faggots here pretend their 900p shit is worth anything.
>but you can add more ram!
>replace hdd!
>libreboot
Who the fuck cares?

>macbook breaks
>its fucked
vs
>thinkpad breaks
>download full service manual and schematics
>get one with a broken screen off ebay
>salvage it for scrap parts
>alternarively buy single parts from china
>repair everything that breaks yourself
>swap out harddrive, msata harddrive, ram, wifi card, display, keyboard as you wish
>install coreboot and get rid of ME
>use custom bootsplash
>be able to boot framebuffer tetris from the bios eeprom
I use my thinkpad for about 3 years now, treat it like absolute shit and fixed it multiple times. I've got a bunch of hinges and screws from aliexpress, a second motherboard just in case, a second display assembly because it was on sale for 7$, some spare pci cards and a lot more.
Also there's the dock, which is literally godlike

$$$$$$$

Thinkpad keyboard doesnt break.

This, idk why retards skimp on the most important interface on a computer. Oh yeah, because they're retarded

They're two totally different things.

A ThinkPad is a business machine running Windows, suited to corporate environments and for remote management from IT grunts. Its not a very person-orientated machine. The MBP runs a custom OS made only for the individual who bought it, not your company's IT staff. Everything revolves around you and its not a business machine, its a personal computer which works in its own ecosystem of products from Apple such as the iPhone and Apple Watch. Apple's ecosystem is at least 10 years ahead of what the competition is doing.

Please stop these dumb questions and comparisons. Only compare Windows machines to other Windows machines and Macs to Macs. Not surprising that no one here really understands anything to do with tech other than which autismal language to write Hello World in.

yeah, I've got poor vision so a mac screen is just throwing away money for me so no thanks

get glasses

I've got glasses but they only help so much. and even if glasses gave me perfect vision, they would interfere with the experience so fuck it

>MBP somehow breaks
>take it to Apple Store unless you live in the woods
>usually pay nothing as the 'breaking; implies it isn't your fault
>your issue is resolves in a maximum of 3 days

>ThinkPad breaks
>go shit up /tpg/ and spam your inane issue for a week before someone replies to you as to what the issue may be
>look on Lenovo forums for answers, 4 other people from last year had your same issue but the threads have no solutions
>sort of diagnose what the faulty thing may be
>decide to just replace mobo and hope for the best I mean, what else could it be?
>wait 38 days for a mobo to ship from chinkland, don't want to pay that greedy eBay guy in the next state asking for TWENTY DOLLARS more than the chinks
>it finally arrives after a month of having no working computer
>take apart laptop making sure not to snap any of the plastic clips holding the bottom together
>rip out old mobo, put in the new one and connect it all up, close it all up
>it boots but there's no display
>you bought a slightly different model's mobo from your specific machine's 2864 SKUs and they have different display controller board
>cry in fetal position

I laugh every time I see posts like yours. You ThinkPad users are as fucking dumb as they come. I browse /tpg/ all the time and the problems and dumb opinions regarding your shitpad office waste laptops are hilarious. You're all fucking stupid and know nothing about computers.

Apples (lmaoxd) and oranges.

get the 2015 one while you still can

If you can afford a mac, just get it. mac OS blows Windows out of the water, and if you still need it, setting up a dual-boot is a seemless process thanks to Boot Camp.

Superior build quality. Macs are trash and prone to failure.

Oh and your lord brainlet manlet god Louis Rossman is a giant sperg who's eternally cucked by Apple and so is always angry at them. His hate has consumed him and his shitty channel that I once subscribe to to the point of it just being an ego jerkoff rant portal for this little piss ant who thinks he's always right about everything. No wonder he always looks so tired and fatigued. All he does it diagnose motherboard boot issues, something a million pajeets in the US can do. He uses an old T520 because he's too rigidly autismal to get used to any machine, as if no one in the world gets anything done at all unless they have a XX20 series' keyboard layout. He got fired from some basic, basic job in some department store when his only responsibility was stuffing something or whatever, he couldn't even do that. He hates Apple because they're cucking him out of the only possible work he can do which is seeing why a motherboard won't boot. He's not an engineer, an industrial designer, or even someone who's had any real responsibility in any tech field considering he's still in his mid 20s.

But all you even dumber losers jerk off to him because he owns a ThinkPad and musters up the courage to show his face on camera and say 'Apple sux'.

>pretty stuff engineered to fail after a year versus an ugly son of a bitch that will gloriously withstand the passage of time

Attached: sissyphus.jpg (500x500, 61K)

u fag I have both
I have 27" mac and I own t420, x220, x60

I do my important work that I actually make money with on the Mac, I pay extra for le cloud storage too and do my regular backups etc.

And I have fun on the glorious thinkpads.

Attached: 1529859520034.jpg (700x519, 74K)

My mac is older than my thinkpad

This might be true if we were speaking of iphones or this were 2007 osX

You bought your primary computer second-hand from eBay. It is a laptop made by Lenovo. It was used by a word processing Stacey for 4 years. It is a dual-core i5 from 5 years ago. The top of the machine appears to have been used to sharpen knives. There's a creak in the bottom left corner if you press hard enough. The right trackpoint button is mis-aligned with the left. You needed to replace the keyboard because it was in some weird European layout. The screen is a 900p PWM brainstrobe. Your family are bored of hearing about your year-long repair chronicles. They don't understand why you bought it. The battery latch is broken and if you pick up the laptop it disconnects and kills the machine. It took 4 months for the machine's exhaust air to stop smelling like a mix of Fanta and dust. The right hinge is looser than the left one, the screw bosses are barely held in place. Aliexpress is still going to take 20 days to ship your replacement trackpad. You want to return it but you have too much anxiety to deal with the process. You activated Windows with Sergey's activation tool. The wifi keeps dropping out every 25 minutes for some reason, you've tried to work out why for 3 months but find no solutions in any of the old forum threads from 2013. You use it plugged into the wall and ethernet. You didn't thoroughly disinfect it upon arrival. That second-hand keyboard still has around 5 small hairs from the previous user and some weird sticky small residue patch on the top right of the 8 key. You don't have much money, you live in a small town, you performed at a just-below average level in school. You haven't had a job in 9 months. You've not hugged a girl you weren't related to in 3 years.

Apple reminds you that you are a failure. Apple infuriates you.

Same. Except its a MBP, 15" 2017. I also collect ThinkPads, with 2 working cuties from 1994. I still like my W530 but what's the point of it if the OS is dogshit and the ecosystem doesn't exist?

>someone posts my pasta

I feel honored.

100% correct

If you're not a NEET:
> macbook breaks
> take it to the apple store
> get it fixed for free if the warranty is still valid
> pay to get it fixed if it's out of warranty
Some people don't have time to DIY every single object that breaks

>pay to get it fixed if it's out of warranty
yeah, unless they refuse to fix it
youtube.com/watch?v=9-NU7yOSElE