/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Ode to the First Edition

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID i.imgur.com/0QoLttS.jpg
- SPREADSHEET docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYZ2107xOZwQ37AjLTc5A4dUJl0ilg8oMrZyA0BGvc0/edit#gid=1357476050
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

NEWS:
>Spagoot is bored of trying to get Koreans arrested
>HDGeeks and Concertos are merging
>BBT is removing their blacklist
>PTP still broke
>APL is copying RED's contest (what a suprise)
>RED tokens expire on the 4th
>GGn https tracker will never work
>Deminoid still trying to be relevant

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1428560047264.png (500x500, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GazelleGames
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822235160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do something different or fuck off

hey can i get an ivite to what.cd, thanks

who will send me nzbsin?
[email protected]

Then you make the thread faggot. I didn't want to but none of you fags stepped up to the plate.

The only time these fat fucks would ever step up to the plate is if it was filled with cheeseburgers.

>RED tokens expire on the 4th

oh shit ni-
no wait, i still haven't listened to most music i downloaded during what's 2012 christmas fl

just got my db9 invite

i have listened to like 10 albums ive downloaded from red in the past 2 months, i just download stuff for stats

Have you forgotten??

based

Attached: 1509958223190.png (1280x809, 508K)

Attached: 2d0i8v4512.jpg (684x500, 82K)

plebs like you Jow Forums loves the most

I wish I could hoard them all, but HDD and Ratios :^)

twitter.com/GazelleGames

Apps still up. tracker itself is just a step above curry tier if only because of the invite forum

ggn is more curry than apollo in my experience

i dont even know what that means in this context

> tracker itself is just a step above curry tier
They have some of the best web design and organization of any private tracker save PTP. That deserves to be lauded. If anyone is into games, it's the best place to be to find updates and versions neatly curated and well-seeded.

Only thing that bugs me is their shit tier https servers.

>They have some of the best web design
definitely not
>organization
NO
>it's the best place
its only place

nice counter points bud

>its only place
this cannot be overstated. the only reason ggn hasn't been eternally btfo is because they're the only games tracekr, if we could get a tracker for the people like how APOLLO is for red then ggn would never be talked about again. we can only hope alastor is on the case.

UGC is still alive but afetr it died the last time it's been growing slowly .

Game trackers don't have the longest shelf lives sadly. if i see a tracker just dying out of the blue it's gonna be GGN or UGC again

>Game trackers don't have the longest shelf
People grow out of games by 21-22, abandoning their game accounts, which means a high member turnover. Nobody is invested in games trackers, so they die more often than those serving music or movies.

How long should I wait before asking in IRC about an invite? I messaged the recruiter months ago but don't want them to ban me just because they're on a power trip and I didn't wait long enough

No less than three months, six months if it's one of the notoriously slow recruiters.

The 5 year mark is officially the new goalpost.

Sent. Fag.

I fear ptp won’t last another year given the current trend. This is very upsetting.

I've been thinking the same thing unfortunately, I just need them to last just a few more months so I'm eligible to get invites to backup trackers.

i pray to god that you're right

It seems like they have a lack of staff right now. The last ~2 months of seed time was wiped on new torrents and a lot of people have HnRs and I don't think the staff has said anything. Also the 2 months it took for new clients to get whitelisted.

I agree. I have no interest in that site. Some users here make it seem as though you’ll find a better invite forum than RED, but I found it quite useless. Stuff I already had or didn’t need.
I don’t have anything against GGn or game trackers, this just happened to be my experience.

>seem as though you’ll find a better invite forum than RED
Not true. Most of us say equivalent. If a newbie has a choice of climbing the ladder from RED or GGn, GGn is the obvious choice due to its ease. Both will get you everywhere.

I never thought I would be saying this but 312c... please come back!

>bakabt deact due to inactivity
>animebytes.

should i just kms

Attached: machi_7.png (795x720, 841K)

t. 312c

just go on their irc and ask for it to be reactivated.

or reactivate it if you had an account on the forums

what are considered the top trackers primarily dealing with music, as of June 2018?

shouldn't have fucked over 312chad
they're reaping what they've sown

Apollo, the god of music trackers.

APOLLO
notWhat
waFFles

another day another 700 MB upload on NW

Attached: tenor.gif (220x188, 288K)

Uhhh...

Thanks?

Attached: 2018-06-28 03_24_49-News __ Oppaitime.png (333x71, 3K)

Fucking degenerate faggots, man

What's going on with PTP? I was about to ask for an invite...

Dead end, just wait for JCT.

Can someone help me get into jpopsuki. I've been trying for months. Pls send invite. Thanks

x14jg78 at protonmail com

Attached: image.jpg (773x935, 191K)

>JCT
why the fuck aren't you on Alastaro's TehC v. 2?

Nonstop issues, downtime, and understaffed. Chances are they'll pull through, but the downward trend increases our paranoia a bit.

JPS is actually one of the trackers where they don't really give a shit because the admin is dead or something. You should have just asked a few times or something, I see invites being given out all of the time.

What's that? I'll join PTP even if it is dying. I'm kind of surprised it is dying though because I thought it was the biggest. I have access to the invite forums as of a week ago just haven't requested yet.

What are the alternatives? HDB for HD...?

speculation, nothing set in stone
extend to ptp and conquer from there on
are you ok famlam?
reddit offers them
every tracker invite forums has some threads regarding jpop, fear not.

HDB but that's a bitch and a half to get into. Unless you have severe autism, the amount of work you put in to get int here is not worth what you get out of it. Your next best bet is to get into TTG/M-Team. They house a incredible selection of Western movies/TV along with eastern content.

Still go for PTP, but get those backups asap.

Thanks.

Thanks. I'll get some backups.

I really want to find and watch the LOTR appendices but they are nowhere to be found. AHD and ru don't have them. Does PTP have them or am I just kinda fucked?

Attached: 1522085455263.jpg (480x910, 22K)

I try, but people are so stingy. I can't seem to get one. I've heard that about the admins, but it seems that everyone is over protective of their invites. I'd die to get one, as there is a lot of music I want to get that I can't find anywhere else.

Attached: image.jpg (636x550, 350K)

I can't get them. I've tried.

Attached: image.jpg (720x523, 141K)

which trackers are you on?

Dude, join MAM, make PU, get your invite. If you're in ANY private tracker and PU you will get your invite. It's the easiest tracker to get an invite to next to IPT.

You haven;t been trying. You've been begging instead of going about this the right way. The easy way.

I'm on none, but I understand how they work. I can't figure out how to get onto a PT. I understand seed ratios and everything, I just can't seem to get invited. I beg anyone here to invite me.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x786, 615K)

begging wont work, you dont have leverage and like you said you wont have leverage.
now listen and listen carefully
do what said
and in addition join OT.
in both you just need to take an "interview"
ezpz

> I can't figure out how to get onto a PT
Oh I don't know...did you try reading the OP? Ya know..the thing that has a private tracker wiki and FAQ?

>OT
fuck, no

user, im not telling you to meddle with the community
its all a stepping stone. luckly for you jpop is easy af, which makes me wonder why dont you seek AB.
these kind of users use both hand in hand

Don't forget GGn has open applications right now.

Sent. Hurry up and make your account so I can send you some points to start off with

Oh shit thanks user! I will be eternally grateful!

Freeleech on AB

RED has the most content and reasonable quality control.
Apollo currently seems like it needs to mature and grow. Still worth joining for when catalogue expands though and to request stuff from RED (it’s easier to get into).
Waffles has alright catalogue, but it seems like newbies have a harder time joining it than RED and Apollo.
If you want something with strict quality control and really tight OPSEC (as well as lenient rules regarding your IP) then seek an invite to notwhat in the long-run, especially if you don’t want to bother with the autism of Pedro’s and Exigo.
kek
Nice meme
This is why webs aren’t taken seriously (and in many cases are shunned) by the cabal.
Degeneracy and autism.

I wish I had the space. I need more drives. How many TBs do you all have?

Nope nevermind I have all this hentai to get I forgot about.

24 in HDD, 200-ish in tape. buying more soon.

Use those points already user. I don't want a 0 upload pleb on my invite list

Ok I'll get downloading. Thanks!

>tape
Isn't that a meme storage?

no
its for long term archival

>Fucking degenerate faggots, man
>This is why webs aren’t taken seriously
I found it to be a really funny idea.

Then again, looking for a reaction image, I saw that I saved the same 4 images within a short timeframe, so maybe I'm just easily amused.

Attached: 2018-06-28 04_30_58-Datei hochladen.png (600x415, 242K)

2TB for buffer and shit I haven't got around to watching yet and 8TB for main shit, and a 4TB for backing up half the main drive.

Honestly I've never had a drive fail on me, so part of me is tempted to erase the backup and dedicate it exclusively to Movies and TV shows and connect it to a PLEX server.

I know the tape part is not that expensive but isn't the tape writer part fucking expensive? Sounds like a pain to get shit off of them.

he is right though

>the same 4 images
The same 4 images of a cat wearing a "Please be patient, I have autism" cap, that is.

I also like how the folder labeled "Nice things" is empty.

>Ok I'll get downloading
u wot. I want you to use the bonus points I sent you to buy some upload

Tape is for backup and for stuff I'm not actively seeding (basically all 24 tbs are active). If I get a reseed request I can easily get it back out soon enough, plus if the case of TPP or whatever nuking all of this I have my own backup for whatever people move on to to swap their loli doujins.
I got a Quantum Scalar i3 for ~300 after a local business went out. Whoever was selling it definitely didn't know how much it was worth.

This is what happens when you give handouts to the unproven.

>Quantum Scalar i3
>$13k
FUCKING WHAT?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822235160

150 with promo

>AB """free"""leech

Attached: file.png (703x29, 2K)

hehe. too late

My bad, I bought upload. I was being a retard.

If you're reading this then pls seed

If I got banned on the cabal, whats to stop me from changing my dynamic ip and climbing again? Do they have more info that they could cross check to keep me globalled?

>KPOP
Disgusting, user.
I hope you get banned.

Why do fags browse this, if being outted as a Jow Forums user get u /marked/

Because it's the only place we can talk freely. Tracker staff has a strangle hold on what they deem proper discussion. Violate this on their forums/IRC and you risk a ban, violate it on r/trackers/TPS and you're downvoted/post removed/banned.

Here we're anonymous and can talk shit on staff deserving of it, and talk about the scene without fear of ruffling the wrong staffs feathers.

GGn applications open.

ggn is only the top games tracker because the competition is so terrible. if you're into retro stuff and care about actual organization look at pd which isn't even fully private

because im not retarded enough to post anything related to my torrent accounts and i have no interest interacting with the lame ass tracker communities, those people are fags

We're also free to give newbs proper advice. The way staff obfuscates needed information onlyhurts the community. As a wise man once put it:
>Ask for a clear path to climb, but it's forbidden to say what trackers recruit from where. You're also chastised for joining trackers purely to join an another one. Join many trackers by yourself to see who recruits from where, and now you're frowned on for being a collector.

That cloak and daggers kinda bullshit only directs potential newbs to invite trading/selling websites. Besides here, that's the only place to see what a tracker looks like, see reviews, actual help. While on r/trackers you're told to stand on your own two feet and go straight to RED without any inkling on how to get to the tracker you want and who recruits for it.

>whats to stop me from changing my dynamic ip and climbing again?
Its not worth your time

>In addition, we have looked at some historical numbers (ok, we asked zed) and would like to challenge everyone to be a part of the contest: If 1500 eligible requests in total are filled, every member of the site will receive an 20 additional freeleech tokens. Every additional 80 requests filled will add a token to the prize, with no limit!

When?

as if I'm not joining OT after all the bullshit I went through