Just ordered myself one of these last night for 50 bucks, what am I in for in terms of battery life and durability?

Attached: 3310.png (178x400, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/nokia_3310_3g-8876.php
gsmarena.com/nokia_3310_4g-9046.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm thinking of buying one too. or even the original desu

I thought about getting the original or something similar, but the problem is that they're on 2G, which is going to be phased out in a couple years by my network (T-Mobile)

What if nokia made a phone that is a phone first and pocket "computer" second, like in the days of symbian? Both nokia and blackberry were so close, in fact blackberry achieved phone nirvana with BBOS 10, but it was to late to save them at that point.

Fuck!
Nokia should just add 3G into the old one and touch nothing else.

The problem is these sort of things are always either 2G or 3G. 2G is gone on AT&T and going soon on T-Mobile. 3G coverage is already starting to shrink as some towers get repurposed for 4G.

There's a 3G version now
gsmarena.com/nokia_3310_3g-8876.php
And even a 4G one
gsmarena.com/nokia_3310_4g-9046.php

That's not what I meant, I want an exact clone of this that works on modern networks.

Attached: 3310 original.png (800x600, 284K)

The new one is so much lighter than that old hunk of junk.
Plus the new models battery life is 1000x better
t. has the 2g version

I have one, it's pretty shit and basically just a meme. There are far better old-style Nokia phones out there.

I still use a flip phone

It's basically a $10-$20 nokia phone in a fancy shell
okay for a phone I guess, though I wouldn't see a reason to restrict myself to dumbphones for no reason. You can get fairly good smartphones for $50

>39 year battery life

Attached: 1518901269980.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

>You can get fairly good smartphones for $50

like what? I haven't had a cell phone in 12 years and need one starting soon.

I bought one the UI is frustrating and the larger buttons are such chink shit they double/triple press 60% of the time sending you to the home screen / locking the phone / calling numbers you never intended

it's trash

How is life with no phone?

Battery, basically. Or avoiding smartphones, cause fuck that nonsense. I already use a nokia dumbphone.

>you can buy a good smartphone for $20
>he bought a 3310 for $50
Nigger I was a teenager when 3310 was released and I bought it for $30
You are literally retatded

How retarded are you my nigga?
He bought the new version of the 3310, which is actually pretty cool as a spare phone and the battery lasts enough time

Aren't there like 4 different operating systems for this thing?

>new version of the 3310
HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT WHAT A RETARD

Why would he waste $20 on something that'll last a few hours instead of $50 on something that lasts a month? Smartphones must rot your brain or something.

They have become too obsolete. A good robust phone with great battery life and lte for shitposting here is the q10

>few hours
Ok retard

>Smartphones must rot your brain or something.

Just buy a fucking Android you brain-dead contrarian, no one thinks youre cool for using a dumb phone in 2018

Ok retard whatever you need to justify your lack of knowledge and buyers remorse

Just ordered myself one of these last night for 50 bucks, what am I in for in terms of battery life and durability?

Attached: 1351962592836.jpg (275x184, 24K)

Its basically a nokia without its original benefits.
>You're on the grid 24/7
>All your info is being sold to third parties
>Your calls can be tapped
>Significantly less durable
>Significantly less battery life
>UI just slightly upgraded
Fucking hipster

>Pros
The battery life is good, I only have to charge once a week.
The screen and buttons are both fine and work as intended
>Cons
No option to lock the keyboard, so beware of pocket dialing.
The UI is shit.
It has games pre-installed.

It's not really worth it for the price, however. You're paying for the brand.

Well, Nokia launched the Matrix phone/banana phone (8110 4g) and there are some rumors that Jolla would provide an OS to it so you can root it to fit your needs? 25 day battery life, wifi hotspot, maps, internet etc available now

You can reach nirvana

Can the 4G version receive email?
Is it at least possible to develop applications for it?

I bet you masturbate at least 5 times a day

3310 no, 8110 yes

Is there no high quality feature phone?
I mean, Nokia makes them but in my experience, even the more expensive models are just really disappointing in performance and features.

Is the new 8110 any good?

notOP but I personally don't more because
1. money (both cost of the phone and shitty ass expensive american plans)
2. never really needed it til maybe now because if I'm at my desktop most of the time the times I do go out I don't really need it usually.

I guess though at this point I end up looking like a damn drug dealer.

if it's anything like the new 105, you're in for chink quality battery and chemicals
nokia is dead

>>Significantly less battery life
THIS battery life is shit

>pay $50 for a $25 phone
>no gps
>no wifi
>battery lasts 1 week instead of a month.
kys. You bought the Apple of dumbphones.

Please tell me there are better alternatives.

how often do you have to recharge it?

I don't have one but it gets the job done if you don't need anything fancy. It has gps and can be used as wifi hotspot, can browse the net, has a long batterylife and locks the phone when the slide is up and has a replacable battery

does 3 weeks easily for me, and its durable as fuck. be prepared, back cover is insanely hard to remove

post how it goes once you get it. I was looking at the Punkt MP01 and the Light Phone (sold out) as well.

Attached: 3e5bdc1b8276b9d3544c7ef621279fda437a14a84577748da4a5d923a51aa835.jpg (3264x2099, 2.4M)

Examples please?

you're in for "not having a bluetooth headset" because this nokia doesn't work with bluetooth headsets. Sucks if you live in sweden since it's illegal to drive and hold your phone at the same time.