why?

Attached: no drivers.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's Linux you dip.

you are observant
yet useless

Thank Uncle Linus. That happened, non-meme.

Attached: 408d999ac344c811b51a61348661866b9dad56e8.jpg (251x201, 6K)

>you are observant
>yet useless
just because you want all the answers for free doesn't mean everyone else is useless

get in line with all the other people who want to be spoonfed and are rude about it

i just googled it up, that shit happened ages ago. how butthurt can they possibly be?

i didn't mean that everyone else is useless, just you in particular. congratulations on failing the reading comprehension

I cant make my fucking 18.04 to not freeze with the fcken driverzz

I have a 1050ti and it works after tinkering a bit. After each boot or wake up from sleep, I always have to type a command in terminal in order to prevent screen tearing. I tried doing it with the "starting applications" thing, but unlike other commands this one doesn't work.
I would have bought an AMD GPU, but they were nowhere to be found in my country at the time, and the 1050ti's low power consumption and heat output was a big plus.
Hopefully I will have enough money on thr Vega/Navi 7nm products in 2020.

well yeah, i agree tinkering helps. however the moment i updated the system with nvidia proprietary drivers all i got was a black screen where i can't really do anything. nothing from this page helps wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA

amd works just fine, both in xfce and kde

puzzling i've been running manjaro with proprietary nvidia for more than a year with no problems
one time i had to switch to the oss drivers for some game
still no problems

which gpu?

1060 works like shit

You need dkms or you will die.
pacman -S nvidia-dkms

i have it, it causes freezing and tearing in kde and xfce just fucking loses its shit at xorg. it's fucking worthless.

maybe try the 390 driver series? one game started crashing on the 396 drivers a couple months ago and i fixed it by switching back
video-nvidia-390xx in mhwd

k, i'll give it a go. thanks for the tip

> (You)
>i just googled it up, that shit happened ages ago. how butthurt can they possibly be?
So first off, it's not Nvidia holding the grudge, it's Linus. About 5 years ago, the Linux teamwas working on open-source drivers for Nvidia GPUs, they asked Nvidia to share code (which they did not), so Linus says "fuck u." That was 5 years ago, and relationships have been sour ever since.
Just saying, stick with AMD.

You have to change a couple settings in the Nvidia X Server Settings to get it to be less ass.

To fix tearing:
Open X Server Display Configuration as root
Select screen
Click "Advanced..."
Enable "Force Compilation Pipeline"
Enable "Force Full Composition Pipeline"
Save that bitch to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf

If you have a high refresh-rate display, and it looks choppy and gross:
Set the proper refresh rate in the Nvidia Xorg configurator.
Save it out to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Exit the configurator.
If you're using Kwin: Modify your ~/.config/kwinrc to include:
[Compositing]
MaxFPS=(your refresh rate here)

If you're using anything besides Kwin, God help you.

>It's another literal brainlet autist who can't fix screen tearing and thinks it's nvidia drivers instead of adding the fucking line in the configuration for no screen tearing.
>He uses manjaro aka the brainlet arch linux which is already the brainlet NEEt distro.
hmmm.

Nvidia doesn't have to chase after the tiny market share of Linux users. AMD does since that's one of the few markets that will consider buying their cards other than poorfags.

>linux
>amd
>works
You funny.

>Run Linux with AMD GPU
>Steam games crash.
>Run Linux with NVidia GPU and Open source drivers...
>Steam games crash.
>Run Linux with Nvidia GPU and Nvidia drivers...

Attached: muhnips.png (354x528, 205K)

Because Nvidia are a bunch of salty kikes who won't give up their EGLStream bullshit.

what command?

>pacman
>non-autistic install
Manjaro is actually the best distro

>nvidia literally writes EGL stream implementations and sends patches

DURR THEY DONT WANNA SUPPRT NUFFIN

Attached: collegedropout.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

I know this feeling, my man...

in the 2000's SEGA contracted nVidia to produce drivers for a line of linux powered arcade machines but since then there's been very little interest from nVidia to support nouveau, mesa, wayland, or vulkan. In fact nVidia's proprietary driver is a big fat blob that replaces a ton of x.org so you're fucked if you expect the patches to x.org to be integrated.

nouveau is a fine project but there will never be real support from nVidia because obviously there are more bugs in their platform than they let on and encouraging reverse engineering kind of fucks them: technically cards as old as fermi should support vulkan but don't for business reasons and the nintendo switch showed that tegra SOCs (used in aerospace, security, and automotive) were full of showstopping security flaws.

It's time to vote with your wallet and buy AMD hardware boys.

Attached: 8b0119498cad77b081724707feeca65b.jpg (540x551, 37K)

nvidia-settings --asign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipline = On }"

thank you brother

--assign instead of --asign btw

it probably only works when you run it manually either because of permissions (run it as part of init), or because services it needs to already be running are up by then (figure out what those are and run it automatically then, or just run it on a cron job a short time after booting)

I almost wrote a legit reply on your bs, but thankfully i saw your tripfag code.

ATi RAGE had a complete driver rewrite to comply with all new standards in 2010.
The same driver will be rewritten to comply with the standards that are present now in the kernel.
Novidia otoh will keep breaking even on minor number increments.
And what's worse are those with the hybrid configurations out there.

>open source
>won't share code
ok

nvm I misread

I think user meant Nvidia wouldn't share their proprietary code with the Linux team.

I've had just the opposite really.