What sci-fi tech would you like to see come to life in the near future?

what sci-fi tech would you like to see come to life in the near future?

Attached: my kinda engineering.jpg (3840x2160, 1.74M)

I don't want to say it, but I will.

Full Dive VR.

Brain to computer interfaces
And consequently brain to brain interfaces

Attached: 1521850469643.gif (522x291, 2.58M)

fuck yeah, both of you are right, that shit would be cool as fuck for so many thing.

I do not want those to be invented at all. Imagine Google and Facebook selling direct access to your thoughts to whichever advertiser paid the most. So if one of your friends said "Gee, I could go for a burger" around you, for the next week you get intrusive thoughts about big macs all the time and have dreams about eating whoppers. And marketing scumbags would justify it as just "helping you think about products you didn't yet know you wanted".

Then you'd think about violently beating some marketing people to death and be arrested by the precrime unit.

Yeah fuck that. It's already intrusive enough without projecting this shit into my brain.

Well, imagine, if you will, Futurama's representation of the Internet in the year 3000. It's Full Dive and is more like a Mall than a highway of information. Sure, ads will be there, but once you access certain domains or services it is up to that provider to support ads or not.

well to that I say before we develop the tech and release it in the wild we should develop laws to protect the users of the system and laws to punish companies for such actions. plus some big oversight from the government to make sure they arent doing it.

Well the government being able to access your thoughts would be as bad if not worse. You'd have to have a law so stringent that no company or government would ever accept it, since it'd amount to "you can't access someone's brain directly in any way for any reason without their consent. You may not require their consent in any way shape or form or make anything a condition of their consent"

It's like facial recognition on a much bigger scale, it's an inherently bad and dangerous thing to have exist at all.

well lets discuss what would be accessed: you would take control of the optic nerve to allow for control of human sight, parts of the cerebellum for the musle control in game, the ears via headphones to allow for audio output, and some skin for sensory input. With these inputs and outputs you wouldnt have much control over a persons mind and even if we were to have a real fulldive VR system like in SAO we wouldnt be able to do much without human consent and most of the tech would be monitored by hackers and hobbyist as all tech is.

>With these inputs and outputs you wouldnt have much control over a persons mind
>Enemy of the state pulls up at a set of traffic lights
>Engage opticnervebackdoor.exe
>Oh sweet the light turned green

DEAD

for clarification what i mean by monitoring is for example: when windows 10 was released, hackers watched their PCs send out info over their networks. This info was clearly microsofts metadata thus they got shit for spying on users.

Sex robots/androids.

The best thing is that by the time they are around, I'll probably be an old man. And by then I don't have to care about what people think about me.
I mean, if a 20 year old guy has a sex android, everyone thinks "what a creep eww i don't want to be friends with him"
But if a 60 year old man has a sex android, people probably think the same thing except they wouldn't be friends with him anyway, so it doesn't really matter

Because he is "plugged in" all the time?

i dont really think it'd be safe to drive around while playing a video game.

By nature of this technology it will be wireless and meshed inside the body/brain because no one is going to want a matrix jack, likely it will be powered internally which means it will be on and available all the time. If you are talking about a headset of some kind then yeah sure, but that's not what we are talking about.

Flugels

Attached: 1505270045736.jpg (1733x2600, 2.4M)

Of course that proceeds the obvious notion that they're free as in freedom.

Free software is an integral human right for the very reason that once these do arrive, they need to be free or the future looks pretty grim.

Freetards are ahead of the curve.

Attached: 1525016619183.jpg (450x338, 38K)

Mad Max you weak ass bitches

If this shit is not open source all the way then I am never adopting it period. I don't care if I look like a luddite, Amazon is not scraping sales data from my brain.

this one sounds pretty good. my only problem with it would be charging one more thing and our current long lasting batteries arent that safe.

Futanari

Eve online/Altered carbon-style clone tech.

I would literally have my arm removed and replaced by this cool bionic arm from MGS V if it were available

Attached: images-4.jpg (512x288, 24K)

Attached: Joi_apartment.png (700x393, 387K)

Yes, the flesh is weak. When available I will begin immediately replacing useless fleshy parts for glorious machine replacements.

It kinda is with eeg tech

just like with vr, only a tiny few give a crap about that with research & development in the manner of open source. That being said, those few talented persons have made great progress Imo: the ability to input commands into pc from brainwaves. Valve is developing that crap too. However, it's still early and I hope our brains won't become scarred like those old people who didn't know better with caustic soap or something.

The Rossman channel but with your pic instead of an Italian.

Holograms.

>anime

Attached: 0.jpg (800x417, 77K)

Rogue nanobots that randomly enter people and slowly kill them from the inside.