Are robots + unemployment good or bad for our society?

Are robots + unemployment good or bad for our society?

Attached: twitter.jpg (747x465, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

michaeljournal.org/articles/social-credit/category/a-sound-and-effective-financial-system
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends

Great for rich people. Bad for everyone else.

>are lots of unemployed people good for society

I don't know jack, how about you become unemployed and tell us how it's like compared to having a job.

Essentially, work will become obsolete in the future. Star Trek/Robocommunism when?

Only if everybody else lets them get away with it because they're busy oppressing brown people to feel better about themselves.

Found the shitskin.

Universal income when?

-Robots are good
-Unemployment is bad
-Dumb people think that the two are related, a.k.a "let us burn these textile machines because we will have no jobs" a.k.a Luddites

How do you feel about universal basic income?

That depends on who is going to pay for it. If the state has access to large resources (a.k.a Gulf states like UAE or Saudi), then the state can easily finance UBI. But what about a country like Singapore? Who is going to foot the bill?

The problem isn't that robots will take all the jobs and then there'll be a shortage of jobs for humans. There'll be plenty of jobs for humans. The problem is that all those jobs will involve interacting with other humans, since that's a weak point of machines and people will still pay a premium to interact with a human instead of a machine. But if you're an autist, you won't be qualified for those jobs. Low-skilled people will still be employable. But introverts won't be. All the jobs that don't involve people will be either very high skilled or automated.

Only way it works
Make the robot tax happen

>Who is going to foot the bill?
Men aged 25-65. Everyone else quits their job becomes a freeloader

The question you should be asking is what does Singapore do to materially support the population? What does it produce that either sustains it's population or lets it trade to others that do produce what sustains a population?

Anyway the answer to the what do you do when robots do everything is Social Credit. It's monetary policy the can scale up and does as demand for labor rises and falls.
michaeljournal.org/articles/social-credit/category/a-sound-and-effective-financial-system
The short version is that production is tied to currency creation. All production is matched by an equal amount of currency so that we can buy what is produced.

If you know literally any macro theory: no, robots don't increase unemployment.
In fact, robots = increased productivity per worker = higher wages

>robots are litterally taking jobs
>duurrr it doesn't because my shitty arbitrary and biased law say so

>Globalization
>Automation

The rich get richer and the poor are either indifferent or poorer.

I'm 100% for accelerationism, I want to see what the other side looks like.

Attached: 1526224889186.jpg (1920x1200, 776K)

Not really.
You found the rich person using identity politics to distract everyone from his machines.

You're being mislead. Racism is a way for the rich to divide the poor.

>robots don't increase unemployment.
>In fact, robots = increased productivity per worker = higher wages
What does higher wages and unemployment have to do with each other? What you said was that robots don't raise unemployment because wages are higher.

Robots do displace and replace jobs. For example in the electrical production industry automation has massively reduced the manpower required to make power while technology has massively raised the output. Today the demand for electrical consumption is met by a smaller amount of the population than it was 80 years ago, even while the amount of power used is massively higher.

Correct.
Which is why the rich shoved the horribly racist movement known as social justice on anyone that could compete with em.
Now they can't do anything but think on muh race 24/7, and will never get a good career or life.

>a natural behavior is social construct made by those fithy riches
Found the retarded communist

This. The logical course of action from now on would be to ban electric power so we all can get jobs at candle factories. Sure a few jobs that depend on electric power will stop existing and we'll go back to the standard of living we had 300 years ago, but we'll have jobs.

The point isn't that automation is bad, it is that automation does remove labor and unless we address the issue with an actual plan and not just hoping things will work out it will cause major problems.

Propaganda to incite hatred and violence which is what we get from the media everyday is what he is talking about.
You listen to these fucking people and you think the country is about to erupt into flames, then you go out into real life and everybody is just going along trying to live their lives.
We're intentionally being fed a false reality in the hopes of life imitating art for the sake of these people's financial and political gain.
That's why it's people sitting at home all the time and sheltered rich college kids who are the most affected, they don't enough real world experience to counter what these assholes are telling them.

>it will cause major problems
What major problems occurred when car manufacturing switched to the assembly line?

We'll see and we'll see soon. Deep reinforcement learning has enabled robots to do menial tasks that were impossible two years ago. They are already being deployed.

as long as you're able to raise taxes and build a welfare state to detach people from wage slavery then they're good, if people have to work to survive though they're obviously bad

>propaganda to incite hatred and violence
>while almost all media just spit the antiracist bullshit everyday

Sure thing Moshe

Robots will make current forms of capitalism untenable. If we have the courage to acknowledge that we will be faced with a huge mass of unemployables, it will be good. If our response is "you'll take this carer job and you'll like it", it'll be bad.

Throughout all phases of automation so far, so called "knowledge workers" were a protected class, and they usually were upper middle class. Now, AI can do a lot of their jobs, and while they won't be replaced completely, much fewer workers will be needed. So, we finally have even the upper middle class getting shafted by machines.

Exactly, don't let rich people trick you into thinking that preferred shitskin pastimes like rape, drugs, and theft are somehow bad things.
Machines were good back when they created more jobs than they took (see car vs carriage), not the case anymore today. Robots and unemployment *will* be good if we can create an economic system that's adjusted to the notion that having work done by machines to free humans up for the things we actually want to do is a good thing.

robots cant buy what they produce.

The "anti racist bullshit" you talk about is actually racism in disguise.

>it is an elaborated ruse to make you hate niggers, I have no proofs whatsoever but trust me

look at detroit's problems, literally been half a decade and it STILL hasn't fixed its shit since.

It's simpler than that.
Instead of i saying something like "niggers are retarded", i say "black people are disadvantaged due the unholy ghost of the WHITE PRIVILEGE, so they need quotas to be in equal footing".

yup. lots of accountants and bankers are going to lose to the robo job stealer
i'm more worried about the people who didn't have life savings losing their jobs en masse though, the ones making pisspoor wages while breaking their backs and making the people above them rich..

the people that are going to be replaced by robots need to preemptively drop out of their jobs.

all this FUD over keeping your job.
when the rich just want you to work till they can replace you.

drop out of the work force
so the richfags take an even bigger hit in the transition.
dont let them sit pretty while you sweatin on the shade they throwin on you.

so what jobs come next to replace all the ones that get replaced.

the big picture is to move away from a jobs based society

The Amish don't have this problem.

Megacity one approves this message. Stay safe citizen.

If you're doing such a shitty job that a literal machine can do it instead, consider killing yourself.

Maybe you should've gotten educated instead of expecting bottom feeding jobs to be available forever.

white collar careers are disappearing as quickly as manual labor these days, user

Absolutely, and that's a good thing. If anyone is doing a job that a machine could perform instead, he should go the way of the dinosaur. We should not impede technological progress just because some retard or his parents decided not to get him educated.

self-driving trucks
self-driving tractors/harvesters
With innovations in robotics and software I'm having trouble imagining too many manual labor jobs that can't be eliminated. the assembly line is different then automation, and frankly, there were plenty of other ways the unskilled could find employment elsewhere back then. simply, the 'dumb' jobs barely need people, and robots don't need enough maintenance or infrastructure to offset those lost jobs. if you think that isn't true, you're deluding yourself.

yup, but try and imagine that happening without armed conflict.

>gets educated in finance
>loses job to AI
>gets educated in medicine
>loses job to ai
>gets enough PHDs to become a surgeon
>loses job to an robot

LUXURY

What job do you think can't be performed better by a machine than a human in the foreseeable future? I'm genuinely curious.

>gets educated in machine learning
>$800k job right off the bat

Any creative job is highly unlikely to be replaced at least in the foreseeable future.

How long do you think that's going to last? Working in machine learning literally means making a career out of training your own replacement.
Not a lot of jobs out there that require the level of creativity a machine can't reproduce. The economy will have to adjust to a vast majority of people being out of a job.

>be qualified engineer
>design robot
>be smart investor
>buy robot
>unqualified 80 IQ brainlets that get replaced by robot somehow feel entitled to free income generated by it

who's going to buy the things the robot makes if the brainlet masses have no income?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You have no income if brainlet masses don't buy your shit. Enjoy starving with your robots

There will be no income in the future. "Rich" people live off the luxury their robot army produces while poor people eat dirt. There will be no buying and selling between the rich and the poor.

Enjoy your guillotine then. Revolutions happen for a reason.

Yes, building things that nobody can buy is a bad thing.
Good luck with that.

Revolutions happen when there are no loyal army with a massive technological advantage to pitchforking welding peasants. Definitely not the case when we develop robot killing machines.

sauce on image? tin eye just got one result

I hate niggers because they are loud, obnoxious, violent savages that are incapable of living in civilized society, not because I'm being influenced by the rich.

There doesn't need to be a plan. When robots produce everything all you need are your own robots. Increase in techonology always has a decentralizing, democratizing effect. All the new rich from tech companies are people that become rich in their garages. They're not the old rich that have been running shit since time immemorial.

We will have more self determinism without the need for "jobs." It isn't that half the population will be unemployed, it is more likely that 100% of the population will be part timers and freelancers and since the cost of production will be so low that is all you will ever need to sustain yourself. This isn't theory. This has been the natural result of increasing automation for over 100 years! The cost of goods in comparison to the required work hours to attain those things have gone down by a large number over the years and automation will increase this decline.

it could still work by just plummeting living conditions for non-1% losers and killing them if they try to fight back.

>all you need are your own robots
funny

that ideal could work, but its pretty unlikely to reach it the way our current society is.

It's more complicated than that. I supervise a bunch of people in logistics. If their work is automated (which would have been possible 5 years ago) my job is also gone without a robot being able to do it.

I think this applies to a lot of fields.

Bad in a capitalist society. They'll get richer while we lose our jobs.

Racism, the natural tendency, is being used by those in power to keep those below them fighting among each other. You don't have to be a communist to think that.

>I'm not being mislead, I just happen to believe on my own what they want me to believe
Alright then

Less work is good, would you not agree?

society will eventually turn into a giant botnet that sends you neetbucks for doing good deeds or being a productive person, eventually creating a money-less utopia

I grew up around them. I'm not believing anything. I'm OBSERVING. Do you have a fucking learning disability?

>I grew up around them. I'm not believing anything. I'm OBSERVING. Do you have a fucking learning disability?

If we come to a point where robots take over literally every job, what use will humans be? We keep expanding but there's less for us, we use more resources than ever. Rich people are not gonna share their wealth, that's naive thinking. How is the money going to distributed? Government handing out housing and money? Don't think so. Where is this volunteering money going to come from?

What they want you to believe is that people are identical and exchangeable cogs in the machinery, that keeps wages low.

Human desire is infinite, there will always be jobs filling these needs. Just think of the "hand made" craze of the past few years.

How is racism being promoted by them in any way? I mostly see rich people putting money into pro-immigrant groups, causing a "racist" backlash (usually by the working class) because their living standards and wages are going down.

>things that will only work in white countries, which there will be none of in the future

Based on how you managed to fuck your comment up twice, I'm willing to believe that you're disabled alright. And to imagine you look down on someone.

It keeps workers fighting about immigration and focusing some of their anger away from fighting for better work conditions and wages. Gives them something else to blame. America is totally fucked when it comes to worker's rights and shit and nothing can be done about it since the actual workers believe that unions are bad for them, which is insane

Good. People will finally be able to focus on development instead of wasting time on physical labour.

I think they're right on focusing on that though, immigration is the thing keeping the wages low, at least over where I live. We already have decent unions (which can be annoying sometimes, some jobs require you to be in a union, which is too far imo).

Their daughters getting assaulted by half-apes is what keeps workers focused on immigration, not some capitalist conspiracy. The more welcoming the population is to immigrants, the lower the wages, the happier the capitalist.

For the majority, I think this inactivity will cause our minds to degrade, seeking primal pleasure instead of productivity.

It depends.

There'll certainly be universal income so there's that.

Not because someone gives a fuck about poor but to prevent eventual revolutions as rich only become richer.

Panem et circenses.

Only reason it's bad is because old people believe everyone needs to work. The whole population doesn't need to work.

Edgy "communists" like you are just pathetic

>robots are literally taking jobs
boo fucking hoo

This user gets it.

>accelerationism
What?
You don't have to work, but it's not someone else's responsibility to work for you, retard

>tfw I'll be working on the robots and watching the rest of the world burn
Who else /comfy/ here?

guess nobody
tfw threads always die when I post in them

This

iqdb
accelerationism = speed things up so we reach the end faster

Attached: 1520902509878.jpg (400x563, 75K)

If we lived in a society with harsh birth control? Would be good. Otherwise - probably not

good luck revolting against a horde of ai drones that can be controlled by a few people