Go on blu ray.com, avs forum, or other home cinema forum

>go on blu ray.com, avs forum, or other home cinema forum
>they're all buyfags that spend thousands of dollars on things you can do for free with a PC
>bring up the notion that you can use modern codecs and 10-bit encoding to dramatically reduce file sizes
>only responses are "that's piracy can't talk about that"
depressing desu

Attached: 364b4264_vbattach36087[1].jpg (640x480, 63K)

>avforums

Lmao dude its so good i scammed like 5 people on there for 100s

so stupid.

>discover using forums in like 2004
>quickly discover forums are total shit in 2005 and stop using them

>nigger proud of being a thief
epic

film forums are very based

Having to tip toe through speech against complete faggots really is more painful than its worth.

CRT projectors are dope as fuck.

That said, I think a lot of the people who browse those forums are of the "boomer" type, who have the full home theater setup and unironically think things like torrents and such are bad. I've found more old people on forum sites as opposed to special-interest subreddits.

>stealing money from the unwise
everyone does it and if you don't it happens to you

if you're selling them snakeoil crap, then sure.
But if you're just straight up stealing their cash and sending them empty boxes then fuck you

I would not steal from someone I would only feed upon their impulse. It's a common marketing tactic.

>"that's piracy can't talk about that"
>"No it isn't, I make my own backups for personal use from legally purchased physical copies."
Problem solved.

I imagine from their initial reply that they don't know anything about the digital end and so you wouldn't get much conversation anyway.

That's why you educate them. You can tell them how it's a more efficient way to browse and watch your collection from multiple devices and rooms at the same time, without needing to hunt down the physical copy every time or be limited to devices that have a blu-ray drive. Home theater enthusiasts go all-in on the money pit anyways, I can imagine more than a few of them would be up for buying a fancy NAS too.

Forums are filled with boomers

Hey no i didn't send them empty boxs i just got them to pay me for an item that i had a pic + time stamped via bank transfer lmao THEY DIDNT SEE THAT MONEY AGAIN xD

Too be fair they caught on after about the 4th time and just ip banned my area of the country or something.

Give it back Jamal

Forums are 100% circlejerking

Only dipshit sonycucks bought into the bluray meme.

Literally the second HDDVD didn't make it, everything went digital.

Oops wrong quote
Meant for

100% accurate but it still feels wrong to build a computer without an optical drive. Has my brain been shone on with the enervating blue light of the optical jew?

What's wrong with owning physical copies?

>bring up the notion that you can use modern codecs and 10-bit encoding to dramatically reduce file sizes
you can reduce sizes a lot with little quality loss, even still using h.264
pic related, a recent encode i did, 4.8GiB in size, using x264 (10-bit), with all audio tracks kept (except the fallback english track, as it's redundant)

Attached: Game.Night.2018.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT.mkv_snapshot_00:13:41.786_01.png (1920x800, 1.69M)

Who cares about reducing filesize? A 8tb hdd is at 200€, sometime even less. That's not thousands.

Nothing. They all just need a reason to justify piracy.

Useless.
It's digital dad's.

>people are brainless consumerists
what a surprise

>Who cares about reducing filesize? A 8tb hdd is at 200€, sometime even less. That's not thousands.
I considered reripping all my DVDs and blu rays to h.265 to basically half the storage and save money on new hard drives. Each hour of video required a quad core 6700K to have all 8 threads pegged for 4 hours. That's an 130W part. Unless where you live electricity is stupid cheap, you are better to buy more hard drives.

They're a waste of money

(you)

one of the many reasons why the eternal jew is despised everywhere

so is Jow Forums lmao

Why are you encoding on CPU?

its old people. they hate learning new things and will do everything they can to avoid it

>10-bit encoding x264

Fags, just get x265 10 bit which is actually supported by hardware acceleration.
My gtx 1080 support x265 12 bit too.

>2018
>cpu encoding
>cpu decoding

Why would anyone want to do that?

GPU encoding produce a bit bigger files and lower quality image.

Still not a valid reason not to use gpu since speed difference is huge.

H.265

>10-bit x264
If you're trying to sell someone on convenience why the fuck would you recommend something with almost no software or hardware support? 10-bit x265 would make more sense, even with the royalty fuckup it's much better supported and easier to use. I'm sure boomers are going to flock to some meme anime codec.

Why are millennials so anti-physical media? Don't you want things from your past to show to your kids in the future? You ARE going to have kids some day, right?

Why would I want some screaming mongrel around me

1920x800??

Most of them will buy digital shit, stop using or end up loosing what ever account/email used on what ever service they use to download it from.

Decoding, ok but GPU encoding is terrible

>GPU encoding is terrible

That's what professionals use.

is this the same meme that you cant hear the difference between mp3 and flac

>having kids
>Why would I want some screaming mongrel around me
This
It's a widememe resolution.