Just a reminder that you're going to have to disable hyperthreading because the chosen people are actually chosen by...

Just a reminder that you're going to have to disable hyperthreading because the chosen people are actually chosen by Satan and not God.

Attached: 2018-06-27-1530134915_666x570.png (666x570, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
techspot.com/news/75240-researchers-warn-new-hyper-threading-based-intel-cpu.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My core 2 quad doesn't have hyper-threading

No I won't.

lucky you
enjoy having your encryption keys logged by random javascript

security is a meme

>chosen by Satan and not God.
Bitch did you even watch Lucifer? Supernatural?
God is a total dickhead and Lucifer is only slightly less so, at least he tries to help.

is there any PoC that demonstrates an exploit?

Also the only reason I say that is because praying to Lucifer is actually effective, God never does anything.

openbsd had a whole panel about it

go to bed Theo

In other news, screens are bad because they can leak sensitive information, so OpenBSD is dropping support for video.

listen you retarded kike tripfag, this is actually serious.
fuck off and don't reply to me ever again

x86 is a meme. We need to get off this shitty, super-vulnerable, botnet architecture.
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

Attached: openpowerWhite.jpg (360x360, 8K)

>muh OpenBSD
>w-who needs security!!

Attached: 1500087251728.jpg (679x758, 52K)

I really wish it was cheaper.
How slow is the x86 emulation?
Would I be able to run some older games though wine and qemu? Like doos ex and AOE II

nah, i'm good

Attached: cpu.png (1432x1502, 248K)

techspot.com/news/75240-researchers-warn-new-hyper-threading-based-intel-cpu.html
Turns out it requires malware to be installed on the system anyway?
Not sure if true or jew. Either way, x86 is fucked for so many other reasons.

Attached: true_or_jew.png (761x144, 38K)

link of GTFO

I know you are serious, it just makes it that more hilarious because my sarcastic bullshit blows the fuck out of your entire argument.

I wonder when the mods are going to range ban you, considering you've been spamming the same shit for years and have been ban evading for months.

(((gras)))
>nothing to worry about here goiym!

huh?

Its like saying that Screens are a vulnerability if a nigger with a camcorder and a pen and paper are standing behind you.

Its quite fucking stupid in reality. CNN tier sensationalist bullshit, its the only thing that gets BSD any attention these days sadly, they can't stand on their own merit, they need to point fingers and screetch like dipshits.

>is there any PoC that demonstrates an exploit?
No, only white people are smart enough to do that.

>requires malware to be installed on the system

no, it requires malware to be RUNNING on your system. the dumb cunt who you are quoting doesn't understand that software doesn't have to be installed to run (e.g. javascript in your browser)

Oh yeah and we shouldn't have fixed heartbleed because LOL SECURITY IS A MEME MIGHT AS WELL GET RID OF SCREENS, RIGHT GOYIM??
how much are they paying you?

he's a tripfag. he obviously does it for free because nobody with a brain in their head would believe a word he says

Its fucking hilarious that you bring up heartbleed because OpenBSD literally shipped with heartbleed even though they knew it was vulnerable because they didn't feel like pressing new cds.

People could just "update", it wasn't a big deal.

lmfao

Attached: fedorafag.jpg (400x533, 41K)

I mean he does have a point about OpenBSD being retarded, but it's not because of this decision. Their decision here was actually smart and a good security choice. No, OpenBSD is retarded because:

TRIM when?
ZFS when?
Multicore firewall when?
NFSv4 when?

Let's go into those:
TRIM is vital to properly supporting SSDs. Without it, deleting a few pages from the storage would require the deletion of the entire block before putting it all back, creating unnecessary reads and writes and ultimately causing a faster degradation of the SSD.
ZFS, and other filesystems like it, provide numerous features both for better management of your data with subvolumes, as well as better security. The security features include snapshotting, checksumming of all data and metadata, bitrot protection, excellent implementation of software RAID, and so on. Backups should of course always be made, but they can be complimented with a better FS. I can just imagine it now: An OpenBSD admin routinely backing up his system, unaware that data is being silently corrupted. By the time it's a problem, it's too late. Imagine how far back he'd have to roll back to get to a stable state? If only he had a filesystem that wasn't written in the 80s, and actually did something to protect his data. OpenBSD has best security? I think not.
PF, at least on OpenBSD, does not support more than one core of one processor. Linux's netfilter on the other hand, does. Not much else to say.
It's been 18 years since NFSv4 was originally standardized, and OpenBSD has still not gotten around to implementing it. This is quite a deficiency, as NFSv4 now allows you to authenticate connections with Kerberos, and even encrypt the data transfers. Once again, you would think such a security-focused OS would care about such benefits, but alas, no.

Attached: NOpenBSD.png (1000x1000, 168K)

Intel ME, Specter, Metldown, TLBleed

> no hardware fixes in sight

why are dumb cunts still buying these jew botnet chips?

gaymes and proprietary software, and because there's nothing similar in performance and price on other architectures.. It's either way overpriced, super fast POWER, or ARM moblieshit.
AMD is the best way to go for most people, but it's not entirely free of botnets and recent major vulns.

fucking namefag edgelord

nice sperglation faggot
>wall of text but summarised is "muh trim"
>he doesn't back up and maintain a record of hashes himself

* snap *

>wall of text but summarised is "muh trim"
That's only the first line of the wall

Find a good hardware firewall appliance used in enterprise that isnt openbsd, fucking NOOOOB REEEEEEEEEEEE.

it's because the rest of your spergspiel is not a real issue, imagine taking the time to write all this shit and posting it at the hint of openbsd talk, this is why you dont have friends lmao.

But I do. We talk over emails about technology and lewd things

coming in august blackhat, some paper about it is getting released next week however

this post was so fucking gay.

If its so trivial show me a website doing that

Whenever a core is doing crypto, schedule
while(true)
nop();

on the other hyperthread.

There, problem solve. Now someone patent it and sue windows for stealing it in the future.

I think I'll pass desu.

Its the modern understanding of these things.
Do you think people go to church or read the bible?

They get exposed to these ideas through modern tv shows. Christianity is a plot device.

THIS IS WHY YOU DONT ALLOW CLIENT SIDE SCRIPTING

And how do you propose the kernel scheduler figure out when a task is doing crypto?

void ssh_w_e(){
_sys_call(_CRYPTO_PROC_STAT);
//code here

>modern
>based on 17th century book

but my i5 2500k does not have it

Attached: k.png (542x392, 35K)

Being male or female is hundreds of millions of years old and that doesn't make a modern tv show less modern.

Its a time frame, you don't judge how modern something that is literally modern is by taking its content and backdating it.

yeah we should wait until we're hacked until we decide to run correct software..

Great, now you have at least one additional syscall for each crypto operation. A task you could do entirely in user mode CPU now needs to invoke the kernel. Crypto performance down the drain.

And you still can't detect when someone is using some version of OpenSSL/GnuTLS/other crypto software that doesn't use your shitty ABI.

look mom I installed loonix on my new laptop

Shouldn't it be possible for the kernel to detect when crypto code is being run by page faulting libressl code (or any other sensitive code), disabling the paired hyperthread, and then reenabling the hyperthread when libressl returns (perhaps by also page faulting the calling code)?

>multitasking OS
>secure

Haha this tripfag is an obvious homosexual boomer.

>having more than 1 core

B7mp, Intel’s fucked.

I unironically had to disable hyperthreading on my machine because some EM simulations are actually handled better without it.

>being this retarded

Not an argument.

Jesus Christ people, God created/is Existence but the material world is Satan itself. Our existence within Satan is the way we atone for desire by learning to transcend the flesh.

You're a retard. This has nothing to do with instruction sets, but with implementation details like SMT and OOO, both of which are present on modern POWER CPUs.
Fucking nu/g/, why am I still here?