25 year old boomer here. Is ARM cpu architecture less botnet than x86? Aside from performance...

25 year old boomer here. Is ARM cpu architecture less botnet than x86? Aside from performance, I really have no need for an x86 processor.

>inb4 don’t connect to the internet

Attached: AC52F2B3-FBBB-4105-9F4D-DE8D87FA3615.jpg (250x229, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.lwn.net/Articles/738225/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=RISC-V-Not-All-Open-Yet
github.com/rockchip-linux/arm-trusted-firmware
youtube.com/watch?v=z-KpAA4_afs
exhentai.org/g/1110024/4b1c932703/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>less botnet
What did he mean by this?

ARM has thrown shit fits when people try to reverse engineer their Mali GPU. They have (((TrustZone))) like Intel has (((ME))) and AMD has (((PSP))). It's hard to say if they're worse than Intel. They are certainly no better.

Rip guess I’ll just live off the grid or something. Gonna miss shitposting.

just use sparc lol

Attached: yyyyy.png (592x587, 293K)

That was an ok doujin

hi acbn

Who?

Is it even possible to run a consumer grade os on sparc?

You can install gentoo.

>wants to run a consumer grade OS
>is concerned about botnet filling his CPU

Attached: 1529536859657.jpg (727x480, 38K)

RISC-V is the future my man

>ARM has thrown shit fits when people try to reverse engineer their Mali GPU
Actually they're all in favor of releasing it except for one guy in management. Once he dies/gets fired/quits/etc, we get free Mali drivers
old.lwn.net/Articles/738225/
>It was said that everybody within ARM is in favor of solving the problem by open-sourcing ARM's driver — except for one recalcitrant high-level manager.

>TrustZone
Is that actually on the same tier as ME and PSP though? Seems completely unrelated, looking at their official pages, although they may be bullshitting somehow.

This. Still waiting for LowRISC

There are some ARM boards which are FSF approved, but they are all slow and completely ignore the Mali GPU. The best open machine you can get right now is the Talos II. It's not cheap and there are no hand holding forums to help you when shit goes wrong. As I understand it, even with the supported AMD GPU/s there are issues with audio over HDMI.

risc-v is a botnet
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=RISC-V-Not-All-Open-Yet

>RISC-V
>RISC
>reduced instruction set
>not complex
>spending THOUSANDS of dollars on static ram to get comparable performance to a complex instruction set processor
ishygddt

T. Brainlet

Correction: SiFIve is a botnet. risc-v itself can have 100% free implementations. see lowRISC.

regardless, THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PERMISSIVE LICENSING

>25 year old boomer here
>less botnet
you like to say trendy things without knowing what they mean?

Attached: landscape-1484939440-gettyimages-632199136-1-1506526681.jpg (768x384, 54K)

>be a reduced instruction set fanboy
>take 10 instructions to complete an action
>those 10 instructions have to go in cache
>cache is fucking 0.1% the size of the ram
>fucking x86 botnet laughing at me
>he does it with one instruction
>complains about having too much cache
i just want to fucking punch him

Fug. Is POWER any good? For SPARC there's at least that crazy 5GHz chip, would be nice to have a secure machine without degrading to phone-tier performance.

Any other license and companies wouldn't touch risc-v

sounds like a scapegoat. what makes you think they will change course after the one they blame is gone?

The difference is Trustzone is open source
You can get an ARM Chromebook and run it with no binary blobs
x86 is always backdoored
github.com/rockchip-linux/arm-trusted-firmware

Attached: screenFetch.jpg (2400x1600, 686K)

>You can get an ARM Chromebook and run it with no binary blobs
I wanna call bullshit on this, but I would like to give you the opportunity to list the Chromebooks which can be run with no blobs. AllWinner chips are about as good as it gets, but they're neutered without proprietary Mali firmware.

BTW, if you want one, now is the time to get an ARM Samsung Chromebook Plus before they're all gone
The new v2 is fully botnet with Intel celeron and an additional camera in the keyboard for NSA to look up your nose
Get the v1 model while supplies last
You can get a C101 flip, but the BIOS is BGA
If you fuck up with flashrom, you've pretty much bricked the C101 forever
CB+ you can reflash with a cheap SPI flash programmer and alligator clips

Give me this knowledge that none others have been able to.
is there a simple, 100% complete, no bullshit, permanent, irreversible way to wipe ChromeOS off the internal storage of an ARM chromebook, format and partition it, and install regular GNU/Linux on that internal storage, without ChromeOS ever being able to come back?
Bonus points:
Is it possible to reflash coreboot on ARM chromebook devices, but with a different payload? Like say I want it to use GRUB-as-payload or Tianocore or something. Can that be done?

Skip to 27:30
RK3399, no blobs
Qualcomm Snapdragon, blobs
You don't want Snapdragon, that's botnet
Source for the BL31 in the github I just posted
youtube.com/watch?v=z-KpAA4_afs

Yes
Open CB+
Remove write protect screw
Flashrom your new BIOS to the RO BIOS
This is what libreboot does on the 32bit arm chromebook

>Open CB+
>Remove write protect screw
>Flashrom your new BIOS to the RO BIOS
>This is what libreboot does on the 32bit arm chromebook
FINALLY A STRAIGHT ANSWER HOLY FUCK
Thank you so much. Here's a cute

Attached: be7.gif (500x500, 354K)

good thread OP
this, Talos II is the only good completely free workstation choice, although it is quite expensive and documentation is lacking IIRC

hello summerboy

They're making a lite version that's a bit cheaper. Still very pricey though, considering that we don't know about QEMU gaymen performance.

honestly just buy a thinkpad with libreboot/coreboot preinstalled which replaces intel ME/AMD PSP this is one of the only good solutions

Doesn't fix the processor vulnerabilities. Only the botnets

how much will it cost roughly?

i must just be getting old then. botnet is not a backdoor and a boomer doesn't mean you're just retarded, but if you're going to call yourself a boomer to imply you're retarded then I guess you're the one being redundant.

I'm so fucking sick of boomer posters. Not the idea itself but the type of person behind them. People who thinks its funny to post the same shit memes and shit threads over and over, no matter the context. People who think its automatically funny because "lol everyone else is doing it!"
The people who actually partake in this bullshit, who actually have pepes and wojacks saved on their harddrives, they are the normies of this site. Every god damn time I see one I imagine the same 13 year old sweaty middle schooler showing all his friends the latest epic Jow Forums stories that he heard about on those retarded top 10 videos. Then he comes here and tries his hardest to fit in with all the pepes and memes he can muster, the oldest memes he could find to make himself look like an oldfag.
Except now they're so fucking shameless as to trespass on this site and force their own shit memes.
>nyghyeh muh sekrit klub!!
Yeah, sekrit klub. If you're going to come here, don't be a fucking retard. I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I want to leave this site but I'm here forever. Fucking kill me

Attached: 1530159734662.jpg (596x596, 75K)

>t. 30 year old boomer

>t. 13 year old boomer

Attached: back-to-reddit.jpg (500x614, 123K)

>RK3399
It looks interesting. I guess the Wifi would be completely dependent on Chromebook manufacturer. The Mali GPU would only have generic 2d support. The hardware encode decode for that laundry list of codecs would be worthless.
>Trustzone technology support
I wouldn't want this. Is there a way to have it completely disabled?

You can check on their website. There's a preorder page for it.

$2k

More than that for all the extra shit like RAM, GPU, Storage, etc. Although I will say (and have actually checked) that buying the stuff from other sources instead of directly from the site can save you hundreds.

>that 25 year old bummer who is out of touch with current trends

I've been railing against calling things "botnet" since it became common parlance here in ~2012. So triple redundancy on retard today OP.

Are you aware Intel and AMD x86 CPUs are very likely RISC architecture with x86 translation?

>25 year old boomer
GET THE FUCK BACK

Sauce?

Anything non-Incel is good enough. Though RISC-V is as far from botnet as you can get.
>GUISE WHAT IS RISC UUUHHH???
>wastes hundreds of cycles for memory access with a C*SC command
RISC may have as many, or even more commands than CISC, it's just the instructions themselves are simpler.
This. Many of them are really just "CISC-compatible", so CISC commands get translated to RISC right b4 execution, it's been a thing since Pentium Pro.

exhentai.org/g/1110024/4b1c932703/

Just disable the Intel ME faggot

>being this clueless
RV64GC code density is on par with x86-64.