Mind if i

>mind if i..

Attached: 2018.png (201x214, 13K)

please do not
i just got these headphones, don't ruin the cable

Quicksort is nice for its performance, but imo mergesort is good enough in most situations

What the hell is Jow Forums's problem with whiteboard interviews? How else are they going to verify you know how to program and can think logically?

>surgeons should perform surgery on the spot to get a job
>engineers should build a bridge on the spot

You're retarded.

Be glad you even got an interview without a degree. Now you just have to prove you actually know what you're doing.

If you're smart enough hours know how to get past that bullshit. It's still bullshit though

>Surgeons supposed to describe step by step the whole operation
>Engineers supposed to design a sketch of real solution

So does software engineers. They usually gave you abstract problem, not real life production-ready solution on particular architecture.

>without a degree
people with degrees have to put up with this bullshit too you insufferable undergrad

>>Surgeons supposed to describe step by step the whole operation
surgeons aren't required to do that to get a job you fucking faggot

Yes, but if you have a degree, algorithmic interview questions should be no harder than what you learned in your algorithms and data structures course. I'd know, as you said I'm an undergrad.
Also .

Get a better job

>having a job

>Also .
Also .

>Yes, but if you have a degree, algorithmic interview questions should be no harder than what you learned in your algorithms and data structures course.
there's a difference between being asked to implement a balanced binary tree in a relaxed setting, e.g. during an exam or for homework as part of an assignment, and being asked to do the same thing with your potential future employers watching your every move and judging you for them
i'd know, i'm a PhD student with tons of interviews under my belt

i get the gut feelings just from reading your post ffs

>exam
>If you fail to come up with and write down a solution to several problems in a short period of time, you fail the class, best case scenario you repeat the year.
>relaxed setting

>interview
>You can casually talk through your thought process with the interviewer. He'll signal if you're on the right track or not, and might give you a hint or two if you're doing well but caught a snag.
If you still feel large amounts of pressure and nerves after 2-3 interviews, you simply haven't learned how you should act in one.

or maybe i work better without a gaggle of faggots breathing down my neck
did it ever occur to you that some people work differently to others?
some people have massive test anxiety like you describe; i do not. i feel very relaxed during tests because it's just me, the problem, and my thoughts. i find it ludicrous that anyone could feel pressured or anxious during an exam based on how i react to them, but since i'm not a literal autist lacking empathy, i can understand how others can have test anxiety.

this is also partly why many brilliant people become very successful academics but would (and do) utterly fail in industry

the fact that you fail so hard to comprehend this after being explained it multiple times leads me to believe you should seek professional help.

Attached: 46 - EBFpqQZ.jpg (339x455, 87K)

>utterly fail in industry
i should correct this to "utterly fail in interview-type settings" as those brilliant academics often do very well in industry if they can somehow magically get past the interview stage or land a job that doesn't require such asinine interview stages

fpbp

I wish, faggots. Only if you are an engineer, ofc. Otherwise, fuck off.

10/10 funpost

underrated post

nice self-like