DON'T UNPLUG IT WITHOUT SAFELY EJECTING IT...

DON'T UNPLUG IT WITHOUT SAFELY EJECTING IT.....YOU'LL CORRUPT THE DAYTA AND ALL THOSE ICONS ON YOUR DESKTOP ARE SLOWING DOWN YOUR COMPUTER !

Attached: 0cc[1].jpg (633x640, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6LF4fObHGBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

had an it guy like this. He wore rings on multiple fingers to work.

>mfw my father asks me in the most tech illiterate way if it's possible to combine hardware from two PC's from the late '90s in order to have a better PC.

At least he let me install lubuntu.

Attached: 1530032557886.jpg (592x600, 63K)

ahh, another """funny""" meme on Jow Forums... great

what were the specs

>he let me install lubuntu.
I'm so sorry for you, user.

It just works. He only wants to watch YouTube videos and download them by using a shitty Firefox add-on. Thank God there's no need for further tech support.

>Implying boomers need anything besides a web browser office suite and a calculator.

One PC had 1gb ram that I have purchased when I was young. CPUs were the same, either Pentium 3 or 4. Fucking toasters both of them, but collectibles. Integrated GPU obv.

I TOLD YOU STOP DOWNLOADIN YOU'LL GET A DAMN VIRUS

Attached: 1530125636091[1].png (680x585, 245K)

>DON'T UNPLUG IT WITHOUT SAFELY EJECTING IT.....YOU'LL CORRUPT THE DAYTA
happend to me once

>le boomer meme

gb2 reddit

>DON'T UNPLUG IT WITHOUT SAFELY EJECTING IT
if computer is running some background shit on it your data could become corrupt

Is this a new episode of "boomer wants to look cool so he makes memes about boomer being retarded or some shit"?

either that or literal newfriends pushing this shit meme

at least it's better than cuck or soiboi

hi /o/

is it though

This thread goes in to my 2000+18 cringe compilation.

YOU HAVE TO SHUTDOWN PROPERLY BY PRESSING CTRL+ALT+DELETE FIRST. THAT IS HOW THEY SHOWED ME SO THAT IS HOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT.

Unplugged USB without safely ejecting it. USB was suddenly RAW.

Madlad

Only because it's new.
Just like cu ck or so y, oversaturation will make it insufferable

Nice charger tho

>It's pronounced "jif" not gif.
>My PC is very slow can you install windows 2018?
>Yeah, I managed to install an antivirus by myself *systray running AVG, McAfee, tuneup, ESET nod and Avast! at the same time*

Attached: 1529040839308.jpg (376x349, 22K)

This is how you lose 3GB of family memories
Shit pic shit OP sage and report

We need a itoddler with a tablet version of this, saying shit like
>no need to eject pendrives
>my antivirus? I got commonsense 2018
>mathematics? college? I'm self-taught

and other dumb memes that only the ipad and tablet gen could spew.
Just because computers are idiot-proof nowadays doesn't mean we solved these issues. They're just hidden behind silent reboots and sad faces during serious BSODs.

I got a 64MB ram pentium 2 in the back room somewhere...

I think it is because it's actually a joke at this point rather than an insult that people say unironically. That's what made [plant protein]boy annoying to me: fucking retards were hurling it as a legitimate insult as if it meant anything.

The boomer memes are made in good fun though, it's not like soiboy where people were actually using it as a serious insult. The best memes are actually funny, not just forced insults by people who take the internet to seriously. If anything the 30 year old boomer thing is a backlash to all the other shitty forced meme insults that have plagued the internet for the past 5 years like cuck, autist, incel, fedor, etc.

is basedboy banned?

what the fuck
S0YB0Y

cuck

haha get fucked Jow Forumsnigger

>itoddler
what are pendrives?

>ALL THOSE ICONS ON YOUR DESKTOP ARE SLOWING DOWN YOUR COMPUTER
If those icons are folders they very well could be, on startup.

It's forced meme. Everything is 30 year old Boomer now

I fucking hate boomers, LOOK AT ALL HIS WEALTH

This

I like being a 30 year old boomer tbqh

Attached: IMG_0243.jpg (380x349, 42K)

>don't take off windows, jesus christ user you have to learn that some computers aren't built to do that
>if the manufacturer wanted windows on there then you're gonna fuck something up taking it off
why does my dad try to give me "advice" on things he knows I know more about?

Attached: KfvbBdIDR5lqQhLR0kJ1kWJDWcxtCf_oIt5gbLjzLiQ.png (560x632, 141K)

If you remove a flash drive while data is being written, it will likely be corrupt. At least in Windows.

>if the manufacturer wanted windows on there then you're gonna fuck something up taking it off

Unironically, he's right

...on an old dell optiplex?

I think the meme is a response to all the boomer hate threads. Suddenly gen z swoops in and calls US the boomers just to piss us off. It'd be funny if they actually started believing themselves.

based

is that time of the day when normalfags from reddit migrate

Amazes me to no end how this practice is religiously followed by normies. Unlike not opening every exe and other common sense security things.

>that big image folder is slowing down my computer

You're not serious right? Ejecting makes sure nothing is interacting with the files on the drive. I don't get why this is a bad thing. I mean if you're just reading I get it, but don't act autistically just because people use good practices. I know you don't save anything of value on your drives, but don't expect other people not to as well.

boomer is a real fucking insult. and the 20 y/o boomer memes are a psyop to shame you for not towing the party's current line

Kek

>Yep, you're looking at a high powered rig. She's got a quadcore and 8 gigs of ram. It'll last me for at least another 6 years *sips*

Attached: 1528918756433.png (380x349, 77K)

It totally unmounts the disk after flushing anything waiting to be written. You can get corruption if you're only reading too if you're exceptionally unlucky because of metadata writes.

Implying a 2600k and 8GB of memory isn't still perfectly adequate for most things.

>doesn't use a 15 yo powerpc
enjoy your nu-web cancer

Attached: jones 200% woke.png (485x416, 268K)

> Pentium 3/4
> 1GB RAM (!)
These are early–mid 2000s computers

>Still using silicon
I only use a computer built by hand made of valves. I have to toggle I/O on a switchboard and replace a tube or two a day, but anything to avoid the botnet amirite?

it's true, though

SSD + sata to IDE adapter

this

kek

I just completely hosed an external 5TB drive with a ten year collection of pron on it by unplugging it while it was still doing something. It was a Bitlocker drive too so there's no recovering it with chkdsk or anything. I am crying evertim

>that boomer that doesn't backup his data

Attached: 1529704515128[1].jpg (675x601, 63K)

yeah it hit the mods a little too close to home.

This was my backup drive. I just didn't keep the originals

so this 30 year old boomer meme is what happens when you visit a website older than its userbase?

That's a pontiac GTO

Is it any less safe to just pull the USB after the transfer is done? Genuinely interested, I still keep doing it since the days of 2003 USB mp3 player that I had that was garbage and actually had to be removed safely to work properly.

cringe

No, it's not because of delayed write. Windows told you transfer is done, but shit's actually still being copied in the background.
Do an experiment: copy a big file and unplug the device as soon as windows progress bar disappears.

unironically true

keep making fun of 35 year old boomers, you're just jealous that you will never know the glory of pre-normie internet. also you are all phonefags and even young linux posters are computer illiterates with your installers and your youtube

>backup
>didn't keep originals
then it's not a backup anymore

How does youtube make people tech illiterate?

shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=6LF4fObHGBo

Who is more retarded?

Attached: default.jpg (836x360, 69K)

This is true on mac lol. If you remove a USB drive without pressing "eject" in the software first, it will corrupt the disk. In 2018

Why don't buy him a smartphone instead?

So he asked you and did not acted on his own. He understood that he is not tech literate and did not try to show how good he is regardless. He even listened to you for the OS choice.
Kiss that nigga, user

that's a 69 plymouth cuda right there boy, ya better believe it...real beauty, used to run one with the boys back in high school...

basedboy

Attached: shank.jpg (225x225, 8K)

i still dont get the pink finger on the license plate. or the towel fluttering off the roof

If you're buying a used car on Craigslist or looking at user uploaded car pics on forums it's common for older people to cover the license plate with their finger.

>brown thumb covering license plate
nope.gif

correct me if I'm wrong on this, but ext(3?) FS does not start immediately an action on a file?
Which would cause corruption of USB key

kek

> Every other OS expects you to eject...

You really trust Windows that much?

>that 14 year old boomer who thinks basedboy is still funny

See: Linux has (had?) this problem too, with ext3
No one corrected me, so it's true. :^)

Not with non shit computers, i.e. ones made before the release of Windows 8.

Posting this from a 10 year old i7-920 with retro-fitted SSD and gtx 570. Runs well enough to give me flashbacks to 'nam when playing CS:GO with the fellas.

Nah. It's when shitposters haven't outgrown their high school teeneage mentality, and need to project status on petty things like age or knowing about some shitty indie bands that sound just like every other shitty indie band.

Welcome to being 16 years old again.

>dang kids these days postin all these memes that don't even make any damn sense... I can't follow 'em. I remember back in the old days, the GOOD old days, when memes were really creative. Back when trolling really meant something, you better believe it. The Oh See flowed like Miller Lite at the old frat house... long cat, now that's a good meme. This was back in 2005.

Attached: 1511987294304.png (380x349, 79K)

>insult annoyed you
so you're saying that it worked.

so the sluts who cover their nips and vagoo with fingers just copied boomers?

its because the OS tells you that you MIGHT lose your data. And normies know so little about computers that anytime they hear MIGHT it might as well be some fucking word from god.

you know so little about technology it's fucking depression. Why am I even here. Do you realize you could've still recovered most of it? Probably all of it?

Why would a bitlocker drive automatically make it unrecoverable? You can manually decrypt and repair from there. Why would chkdsk help recover data? It's a hard drive assessment tool. Why are other people not pointing out how much of a fuck you are?

Jesus fucking christ this post gave me cancer. People who actually know shit about technology don't browse Jow Forums

the towel fluttering on the roof is me forgetting to color in the American flag. biggest regret t b h

Fuck off back to /v/

seriously it's been getting worse and worse in the past decade. When i was younger, fuck man, fuck. It was so much better and I didn't even know what I had. We need to leave for a better internet. Something where when I do a google search my results aren't containing people asking dumb questions and getting even dumber answers by "tech people"

I see niggers thumbs on Craigslist all the time.
Thumb proves you are a low IQ white which is just as bad as dealing with blacks.
You can tell if someone is white and respectable and intelligent just by their stylometry. Retards cannot be assed to punctuate or spell or offer anything but worthless anecdotes like "she runs alright".

I don't care. Thumb or no thumb. Black or white. Retard or genious. I'm there to get a deal or pay a quarter of what they're asking.

I think it's just a meme. As in, a cultural phenomenon. As with most cultural elements, there's no real way to explain them well. It's kind of like why noone can explain to you how to talk to girls. Or why nobody likes talking to you to begin with.

It just kind of happens