You don't MOAR COARS!

>buy my delidding kit too and my upcoming liquid-cooler for maximum overclocking!™
pcgamer.com/pro-overclocker-der8auer-on-why-the-race-to-add-cpu-cores-doesnt-make-any-sense-and-why-you-should-still-overclock/

Attached: der8auer.png (625x867, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2K-AI5oxU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's at least partially right.

How do I overclock without going into the Bios?

Push the turbo button on your computer case.

pro overclocker????? what the fuck

lmfao nigga just increase the voltage

>pro overclocker
fucking lmao you can create scripts that do this shit. No skill invloved.

Litterally just keeping the liquid nitrogen topped up and slowly incrementing the clocks

I talked to this guy at last year's conference he really knows his shit fwiw

Apparently he's come up with a liquid nitrogen loop cooling system now.

You get to the point of diminishing returns at this level but this guy is pushing boundaries at the extreme end of the spectrum.

AMD fags can't even build a sentence...

More core > over clocking

For productivity like rendering

over clocking is retarded, only gamers would do something that dumb

>this guy is pushing boundaries at the extreme end of the spectrum
he sure is

There's no such thing as "pro overclocker"

>der8auer: There are a lot of things that I find really interesting, but unfortunately they have not been released yet. NDA stuff. But I can say, especially on the Intel side, by the end of the year, we'll see some very exciting stuff. I can't say much more without getting into trouble.

Wow this dude got info about Intel's new release? speaks volumes on his shilling

How do you reckon?

Depends on your use case. I'm fucking loving the moar cores meme on my Ryzen desktop where I can run multiple KVM virtual machines on top of Linux as well as emulators.

This, honestly. He's just a manchild.

Attached: 97dbdec11405f205ac267c5045964072653307cf1d94ae03737f3cd768fa87fb.jpg (242x247, 11K)

it's still exactly as I said

This is on the same level as people who talk about the best way to apply thermal paste. Building and using computers is so easy that people will find anything they can dress up as an achievenment

Attached: 1530135775554.png (750x733, 594K)

>Noun
>professional (plural professionals)
>A person who earns his living from a specified activity
He earns his living from overclocking. He is a professional overclocker.

>try to OC my CPU to 4Ghz with automatic OC profile
>PC crashes and returns to bios
>realise that the CPU is from the shit bin pile

>automatic profile
found the issue

>extreme end of the spectrum.
You don't say

You must yell at your PC

>rendering
Why not compilation? Technically, you could just render on a GPU

>gpu bottleneck
>muh gaems
gtfo fucker

he literally manufactures and sells delidding tools, and was one of the few people that popularized trading out time with a indium-gallium metal tim composite

people enter overclocking competitions, to get higher scores in benchmarks on custom built on cooling loops...

it’s an actual competition..

>time
tim*

>pro overclocker????? what the fuck
"pro" means professional. Which means he makes an income for just increasing the voltage and shit as a profession.
>but there's no skill lmao
Same for data entry or computer tech personal, but they're still professionals.

nah bro
I don't think he's making any money at all

Well, the dude did help them out with their redundant 5ghz 28 core demo that remained loaded for approximately 3 seconds before the tag would've been declared a minor radiation risk.

That AIO he has is pretty cool though. And he supports Noctua so he should get Jow Forums's seal of approval

>non-programmer
>non-engineer
>makes suggestions that have to do with programming and engineering

>Wow this dude got info about Intel's new release
I had inside info from many companies.
In 2014 I even signed an NDA with intel during a presentation in germany.
He has "inside" info about gayman products for marketing reasons.
Most of the people I know sign NDA for strategic products, say the future reseases of xeon phi, fpgas as accelerators, new xeon chips, you know ... important information.
I've also used one of the first amd arm racks back in 2013 that flew into europe.

I don't want to sound cocky or something, but this guy is a "pro" marketing stunt... just like any other "pro" overclocker.

How does such a competition work? Do you just sample chips until you find one which OC's highest then enter the competition with that?

Underrated

>Of course there are a few people who are rendering, professional applications, but it's not much. I'd say maybe 1-2 percent are actually doing that. But the majority are gamers, they need high CPU speeds, say four or six cores. Eight is fine, but you're not going to have a benefit going from six to eight cores. No game really needs that.

What a fucking faggot.

coars isn't everything
giggahurtz isn't everything
news at 12

smash dat turbo button

but he is an engineer

it’s scaled

they do a stock test and stock overclock, record the scores, and then apply their custom cooling loops and delidding shit and rebenchmark them

the scores are averaged and percentile increases in performance are compared

It's the question and answer after that quote that's the most interesting in regards to soldered IHS... Maybe Intel will finally pull their heads out of their asses.

>buying product TS that you have to physically violate and compromise to make semi-good
>Overclocking
I don't understand people some times.

Delidding was a thing when you were still in your diapers.

was it?I remember a time when CPUs had exposed dies

People used to delid Athlon64 and install the heatsink directly on the die.

Can't sell delidding kits to AMD customers, Can you Derbauer?

Attached: bbnCcyB.jpg (950x534, 135K)

8 cores are a meme

What a surprise. Guy who earns money by overclocking says it's not dead.

Anyway, what's the purpose of this thread? Intel shill shills for Intel.

t. virgin underclockers

"I've surrounded myself with gamers so gamers must make up the majority of PC users" - Some dumb cunt ""pro overclocker"", 2018

fucking this. where did he get that data from?

Buy a pre-binned, pre-stressed, pre-overclocked system from someone who knows wtf they are doing

Swore I quoted this guy

It seems plausible. The people who need fast computers for rendering would likely rent a render farm instead.

Well, for the most part anyway - Raven Ridge isn't soldered.

>pro overclocker
>calls himself "Der Bauer"
>which literally means "the peasant" in German

Makes you think, doesn't it?

I don't know if this guy is a fucking clown, but he sure talks like he's one.
t. computer engineer

Intel is getting real real desperate these days.

>What I would like to see on the desktop platforms is that they would make the CPUs a little bit bigger, in terms of having more pins, so we are able to have more PCI Express lanes, and still keep it as a desktop CPU. That brings me back to what I said earlier. We basically need more GPU power in the gaming industry. For that, most desktop CPUs have 16 or 20 PCI Express lanes. It's limited to the socket because we have a limited number of pins. We can't use Socket 1151 and get additional PCI Express lanes. It doesn't work. So I'd personally like to see CPUs with, say, 4-8 cores, clock speeds around 5GHz, but more PCI Express lanes.

LMAO this fucking goy literally begs Intel to keep the same CPU but add another socket.

My pleasure, cattle.

Attached: Oy+vey+goyim+do+i+need+to+explain+why+taking+_bf3af64958a323e98ebd8353aa53a10c.jpg (600x737, 68K)

>they would make the CPUs a little bit bigger, in terms of having more pins, so we are able to have more PCI Express lanes, and still keep it as a desktop
In other words, Threadripper.

Not everyone who renders stuff does it professionally. Many people just like to fool around with it.

>we should have more CPU-demanding PRODUCTS and not just gaymes
He is correct here.
>we should all overclock like dumbfaggots so our CPU's can die early and we can give more dosh to manufacturers who are now more incentivized to postpone breaking substituting silicone
He is an incorrect dumb motherfucking retard here and he is riding the greed dick rather than the advancement dick, and the greed dick is AIDS ridden.

Regardless, a way to cheaply mass-manufacture graphene has already been developed despite expectations that it would take another who knows how many decades. Now we are waiting for implementation and architecture so silicone can go fuck off back to the tits of roasties instead of polluting our tech.

He's not wrong when most games don't use that many cores. Buying a 16 core CPU is going to do jack shit for most games. You are better off spending the money elsewhere if games are your goal.

>silicone

>rendering on the tool made for rendering

That's pretty insane sounding my man.

>missing the fake tits connotation
Can't improve fake tits anymore? Inject new sets on the same body!

>It's another AMDrone goes on autistic rage on Jow Forums about some random guy because his CPU has trouble overclocking past 4ghz so it must be an intel plot against them since overclocking is evil and (((jewish))) in their minds.
Why there's so many Jow ForumsAMD zealots on Jow Forums though? Did you find this website from t_d too my fellow based black men?

>it's another Intel buttblasted shill with buyer's remorse who has held the industry and society back for long enough
Indeed, niggers are the best at holding society back.

He's partially right, honestly I think the higher core count Skylake-X and Threadripper CPUs are completely pointless. If you're spending over a thousand dollars on a CPU you may as well go full hog and use a server platform. The "core wars" are pure masturbation, these products are incredibly niche marketing stunts.

I do think 6-8 cores should be the new standard for gaming/light productivity though.

Is he... really this stupid?

The 1080Ti @ 1080p doesn't even fully saturate PCIe 4.0 x8. x16 can support a GPU that is over TWICE as powerful. Which is an excessive amount of GPU performance considering the 4k 60fps graphics that are being done on the Xbox One X which is essentially RX570 performance are already pretty damn good. youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2K-AI5oxU
Don't need even more excessively powerful GPUs because some developers are shit programmers.

I'd like to see more PCIe lanes as well, but the number of them is not holding GPU performance back at all.

>Rasheed is buttmad that he can't overclock his imaginary ryzen CPU.
Keep sperging about Der8auer and maybe you will have another 3 cents added to your gogglle play account.

How will he ever recover?

Keep killing your already housefire causing Intelpuke CPUs with the shittiest TDP of the two brands, maybe Intel will take pity on you and limit your OC potential as well for new security reasons.

How many consumers actually need a desktop PC if they don't play games? I'm not talking about offices that buy PCs en masse, but regular joes that put their own money into it. The gaming market and consumer desktop PC market are basically synonomous. Why the fuck so you think every mobo has RGB lighting? That's what sells.

>This is your brain on Jow ForumsAMD

Translation: "I don't need any more cores for my specific usage (which is mostly video games)"
I mean I'm in the same boat but I'm not pretending that there aren't people who can use moar coars.

Attached: 97854433.jpg (842x699, 61K)

>this is your niggerbrain on Intelfail contributing to the Detroitization of the computer industry

BUT MUH NIGGAHURTZ

Attached: 1494102622842.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

Why doesn't Intel just, you know, bribe the laws of physics to get their pozzed cpoos to 10GHz? :-)

Attached: 1500377406924.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

>nigger nigger cuckcuckcucuk nigger (()))((()(()()
>Detroitization of the computer industry
Wanting intel to disapepar because muh jews is actually counter productive if you worry so much about that since there's a little thing called antitrust laws.
Also I still don't understand why you're so butthurt at overclocking, can you even explain what's so evil about it, pajeet-kun?

>Nobody needs 8 cores
>but 200Mhz more is totally worth double the price
>btw I think we should have a new socket

Attached: bauer.png (1251x1042, 360K)

This fuck that shill

>that poo in the joo intlel kike shill with buyer's remorse who's defending his favorite corrupt to the core piece of shit of a company

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

>being against the overcuck meme = Wanting intel to disapepar
This, is how an Intelcuck niggerbrain works.
>BUT WANTING US TO STOP SNORTING DRUGS AND SHOOTING UP HOODS IS THE SAME AS GENOCIDING OUR RACE!!!111!1111
Fucking Intelniggers.

Stop arguing with clinically retarded intlel faggot shills, the only thing they deserve is the bullet.

OYYYY VEEEEEEEYYYYY

Attached: 1446155785199.jpg (890x400, 72K)

>He can't overclock his shitty 10 year old pajeet pc with crappy stock cooler so no one should.
hmmmm

DUDE PINS ON THE CPU

WOOPS BENT A PIN BETTER BUY A NEW CPU

>we're limited on GPU performance
>We have a lot more CPU performance we're not using
>200 MHz more which you probably won't notice.
Says the man who made a business out of selling 5Ghz CPUs at insane prices.
Seriously. wtf.

>he has to overclock his shitty CPU to compensate for the decreased performance due to 10 years of copy-pasted architecture being re-sold at increasing prices having the same security flaws
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>770 european onions credits
>6 cores
This dude is a genius, literally rolling in the money

DUDE NIGGAHURTZ RACE IN 2018 HOW COOL IS THAT

FUCK IPC
FUCK PCIE LANES
FUCK SECURITY
FUCK SOLDERED DIES

>I have no use for extra cores that why they don't make any sense

>pajeet is still mad as fuck at overcloking
Keep shilling maybe some NEET user on the NEET board will use his tendies money to buy a 2200G for his next anime watching build.

Quad cores? What do you need dual cores for? Here, have this single core cpu

>niggerbrain still feeding into Intel's interest to keep re-selling the same pile of shit with the same architecture security flaws, instead of re-engineering their whole company's management and sprinting towards graphene or anything to substitute silicate as soon as possible
The niggerbrain who defends Detroitization unaware of how he's destroying the city since he has a niggerbrain. How quaint.

Shh no tears, just security patches.

>The "core wars" are pure masturbation
As opposed to niggahurtz wars?

Yes? A higher clockspeed has a direct impact on every task , as opposed to more cores which only helps in specific applications. And what gigahertz "war" are you even referring to? 5GHz has been a thing since fucking Piledriver. 5GHz isn't that special, it's only noteworthy since Ryzen is unable to hit over 4.4 without special cooling. The last real clockspeed war was C2Q vs. Phenom.

>jobless jew
>SINGLE THREAAD PLS
>MORE OVERCLOCK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you going to actually make a point or just shitpost? I'm not tasking about 6-8 cores, my post was specifically about Skylake-X vs. Threadripper. I can't think of a single use cause for 28-32 cores HEDT where the person wouldn't be better off buying a Xeon or Epyc instead. What kind of market are these products trying to capitalize on?

Colour me surprised.