/spg/ Smartphone General

Pixel 3 leak edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: google_pixel_3_xl_leak_cad_1.jpg (3186x2000, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DEwWY2E4Y
mi.com/vn/redmi-note-5/specs/
reuters.com/article/us-apple-china-idUSKCN1AU1LH
truesecdev.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/hidden-backdoor-api-to-root-privileges-in-apple-os-x/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
npr.org/2010/11/22/131511381/wipeout-when-your-company-kills-your-iphone
theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/stagefright-flaw-ios-iphone-imessage-apple
theintercept.com/2016/04/12/apple-bug-exposed-chat-history-with-a-single-click/
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_6x_hatsune_miku_edition_official-news-31927.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm looking for a Jow Forums approved, encrypted, foss messaging app, i remember few months back anons talked about one for Android that also has a client for Windows taht doesn't store your data and, yopu know, is generally privacy oriented
anybody knows what i'm talking about or knows of an app with those features?

Telegram or Signal maybe?

Signal or Silence, if you just want an application.

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DEwWY2E4Y

Anyone knows if redmeme note 5 global will work in Japan (Okinawa)?

Re-requesting this Also, will the Note 5 pro work fine in Canada ? Frequencycheck.com said that it's incompatible with all carrier, but according to some source Bell support band 5.

telegram uses wonky encryption, signal requires you to give out your number and silence doesn't have a windows/web client

Don't look at the bands for Redmi Note 5 Pro, that's the Indian version and it lacking bands for other countries. The version available in Vietnam is the Global version:
mi.com/vn/redmi-note-5/specs/
>4G: B1/3/4/5/7/8/20/38/40
>3G: 1/2/5/8
>2G: 2/3/5/8

Band 4 and 7 support should have you covered for 4G on most Canadian carriers.

pixel 3 looks like shit lmao

Yes, i know about that already. But imported note 5 pro 6GB is 50$ cheaper here, plus pre-unlocked bootloader, so it will save me some time and money.

I had a Galaxy Nexus followed by a Galaxy S5. Both of them became profoundly broken devices despite gentle use and software resets. After these experiences I went for an iPhone SE that I currently have and mostly love.

At this point I want everything to Just Werk (TM) and sync seamlessly. I'm willing to wade fully into the Apple ecosystem, but it feels redundant bc I already use the G suit for everything web facing.

Should I surrender to the botnet instead? What's Android like now in the long term? I'd hop back on board, I just don't want the feeling I had one month in with the S5 that I'd made a horrible mistake

At least the chin has another front-facing speaker.

I think the regular Pixel 3 looks fine. I don't mind the bezels if it means you get stereo front facing speakers.

Well you *really* want the band 4 support if you're planning to use it in Canada, and only the global version has it.

>Should I surrender to the botnet instead?
You already have by using Apple devices. Botnet on Android can be mitigated to an extent, as it's an open source operating system.

The little one looks okay, just not like a flagship.

If band 4 support is really essential then i will go for the global version. Thanks.

there's no doubt that apple doesn't have your best interest at heart, but it's a lot more privacy respecting as far as consumer tech products go.

Apple is primarily a hardware company. A lot of their software is free (like beer) bc you've bought your way in and they want to keep you buying to stay in.

Google on the other hand is an advertising company that's goal is total ubiquity. Their goal is to gain as specific as possible a user profile of you.

Apple collects data but their main interest is to make you buy more products. Google views you as the product

Just bought a google pixel 2
AMA

it gud?

You want to buy a bridge?

Its beyond me why anyone would get a pixel 2 xl or pixel 3 xl when the nokia 7 plus exists.

The difference in photo quality isnt worth double.

>there's no doubt that apple doesn't have your best interest at heart, but it's a lot more privacy respecting as far as consumer tech products go.

This. Apple's privacy policy is really good actually, I would have bought one if it wasn't for that crazy price tag.

Loving it so far, specially the cam

>The difference in photo quality isnt worth double.
not to you maybe, but definitely to some.

I just bought a redmi note 5 pro as an upgrade from a rn3p right before I went on holiday and now I'm a firm believer in good camera quality in smartphones. I refuse to carry an extra camera because I'll forget to take pictures with it or just forget taking it along, but not with a smartphone as I always carry that one.

I was going for the iphone 10 but thought about giving apple a break. I usually buy a high end model every 3 years, not a poorfag so I don't really need to go mid range

Got the ZTE Axon 7
But it's fast, 2.5K HD
SD820
OIS
NFC
USBC
QC3.0

inform a brainlet on the benefits on unlocking a bootloader

I suggest you ask jeeves it

how do you clean your smartphones? do you disinfect them too?

lol, do this and you'll have no immune system. simply clean it with a wet paper towel

do you use those clear rubber cases for your smartphone? i bought aluminium smartphone and i guess it would look unaesthetic with it on.

>there's no doubt that apple doesn't have your best interest at heart, but it's a lot more privacy respecting as far as consumer tech products go
You can't be serious with these. The sentences obviously contradict each other.
reuters.com/article/us-apple-china-idUSKCN1AU1LH
truesecdev.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/hidden-backdoor-api-to-root-privileges-in-apple-os-x/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
npr.org/2010/11/22/131511381/wipeout-when-your-company-kills-your-iphone
theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/stagefright-flaw-ios-iphone-imessage-apple
theintercept.com/2016/04/12/apple-bug-exposed-chat-history-with-a-single-click/
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
While Google is an advertising company, AOSP based ROMs exist. In case of Apple and the iOS, you are blindly trusting them.

Don't forget to use Gcam, as it drastically improves camera performance.

every now and then I do a wipe down with some high % iso alcohol. I clean all surfaces of the phone itself and the case

All of the pixel phones have been overpriced shit, especially the non-xl ones. Anyone that pays over $500 for one is a complete fool, they're just as overpriced as appleshit

find a case you like, or make peace with damaging your phone. Even if you avoid dropping it it'll still get little nicks and scratches, especially if it's aluminum. I've done no case with a tempered glass screen and it served me well for sometime, but it'll still find a way to get light damage if it's on your person 24/7

so yeah, it's up to you

I wish they did an updated version of that phone. The battery life difference between SD820 and SD835/845 is too great, they get almost double the battery life.

Has anyone tried applying skins to their phones before? What's like?

not disinfect daily but like once a month. but thanks

I only use a case for grip, because I don't drop my phone ever. People that are replacing their old phone with a new one because the old one is broken should get a somewhat thick case and screen protector for their own good.

I replaced my phone that wasn't dropped in 3 years so I don't use a case for protection but for grip. Case = more bezel and weight and uglier, but whatever.

I love the apple privacy policy because they keep leaking famous people's tits. Based!

got tempered glass with it too but havent applied it. i left protective foil on it for now till it slips or whatever. for cases im going to reconsider it gotta check ebay. thank you

I have the Xiaomeme fast charging battery too, but that does sound great

Just a heads up for those who own the Nokia 6.1 - The June security update is rolling out right now.

iPhone X or Galaxy S9+? I have both but I don’t know which one to keep.

S9+ obviously, how is this even a question

iPhone X obviously, how is this even a question

>tfw no good 2018 phablets with 3.5 mm jack

>Wipeout: When Your Company Kills Your iPhone

Of course your company can wipe your phone when you enable an enterprise policy. This exists on Android too, retard.

neither obviously, how is this even a question

h3h3, funny

>Google mocks Apple for removing jack
>Google removes jack in the Pixel 2
>Google mocks Apple for notch
>Google puts notch in the Pixel 3
I want to know what they mock next so we basically already know what the Pixel 4 looks like

Attached: 1434143740455.gif (250x242, 12K)

For how long do you want to use the device?
I love Android, but in terms of longevity you will get much longer life from the iPhone since they make updates for more than 2 years unlike every Android OEM including Google

You do realize Samsung makes the displays for almost all of the more popular flagship phones and then sells them to the other companies on a huge mark up, right?
The display in the S9 is leagues above anything else out right now, Samsung sees to that.

They'll mock whatever weird thing Apple puts on or removes from the next iPhone.

>What are you getting in the Samsung phones that would justify paying $200 or $300 more
Nothing, you're paying for the brand just like with Apple.

It's nothing but a meme shilled by youtubers

>This exists on Android too, retard.
This can very easily be disabled on Android too. Why are you acting hostile?

Does anyone have experience reinserting a button of this design? It seems that when I put it in hook-first, the lip won't go in and when I insert it lip-first, the hook won't hook onto the bottom metal that it needs to hold onto.

Attached: IMG_20180628_083519.jpg (1920x1080, 1.79M)

Read that you could use one of those sites to spawn a new number to receive texts to (may cost like $2) and then use that rando number on signal.
Id probably use it if my friends knew
>just how bad it is
and if I wasn't bolted down by the google botnet. Feelsbadman.

Is the Mi Mix 2 worth trading the 3.5mm jack for? I really hate no 3.5mm but muh bezels.

I do love Android as well by have been using iPhones since 2015 because they just werk and complete integration.
So far I’m liking the S9+ but I’m well aware that iPhones are better supported and have no carrier bloat (Verizon).
I change phones on a yearly basis. I might just wait for the large iPhone X plus and sell everything else.

I just want to protect my phone from dust on my commutes, regular cases let dust in between them and the phone.

My friend will be visiting the United States for a month and I'm wondering what is the most cost effective prepaid sim he can get?

>have a Note Edge (SM-n915v)
>cracked screen
>loath the "edge"
>looking for alternatives

S9+ unlocked looks nice at $35 or whatever a month for 2 years. But should I just Ted Kaczynski and keep my (((old))) phone until its literally unusable? All I do is listen to music, browse chans, and text on this thing. Occasionally SSH and nerd out, but the note is fine in all those regards. Any reason to upgrade? Verizon btw.

Plus the stylus helps me draw dicks on my friends photos with ease.

>but muh bezels
If you honestly and genuinely cared about this, every ridiculous downside is worth it nonetheless.

Also, any phone available with Verizon service that could be de-botnetted? If so, id shell out whatever.

>muh bezels
Ah, I see you too hate having the ability to hold your phone comfortably.

Tox

ebin
just look at the google campus, everybody there is le 56 % creatura with a macbook and an iphone

thank you user, that was fucking it!

PLZ Halp
Are there any good 'new', small smartphones with fast cpu, can even be chinkphone? (

Attached: sony-xperia-xz2-compact-dual-h8324.jpg (500x500, 27K)

Help Jow Forumsuys, need a new phone, under 400 GBP, good camera would be brilliant, what's best?

I haven't seen a single word of it in at least a year. I assumed it was dead and was threw it out there for memes. There were constant threads a while back, way before other "encrypted" messengers became popular.

The XZ2 compact is great lad I've got one. If you won't miss the headphone jack there's no competition.

What's the latest Flagship killer? I just broke the screen on my Axon 7 and I've had it for 2 years anyway. Is there anything in the latest gen that's similar in price/performance ratio?

yeah, but it's local, encrypted and uses tor, afaik it's not broken/unsafe, just feature incomplete

Xiaomi Mi8 / Mi Mix 2S

What's the cheapest place to get a Galaxy S9+ unlocked for US?

I'm in need of a new phone, so I've been researching, and I just got to know about this beauty, it is selling for 250 dollars at a discount price in presale. It comes with Android 8.1, MTK Helio P23 and 6 GB ram.
I decided I'd buy an imported Chinese phone, so I ended up getting the Meizu pro 7, but this phone gives me second thoughts.

Attached: umidigi-z2-presale (1).jpg (1280x680, 68K)

Are you going to buy it? There'll only be 5,000 available.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_6x_hatsune_miku_edition_official-news-31927.php

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (728x455, 50K)

>notch flagship

Just got a note 8 and its superior.

> Mikuslut
No and no, it reeks of being a weeb normie who wants to be recognized by the herd.

I couldn't care less if they would actually support their own devices

I would buy the phone since my wife is on it, but there's no audio jack.

The camera quality was great on the Nokia before the June security update fucked everything up, also the bootloader isn't unlockable, so no root applications and no Lineage.

Same, but they are building their products after iFag trash trends so obviously it gets reflected into the google products.

What ecosystem are you more in?

>Not paying in full

How about you save up money before purchasing?

Just ordered an S9+ because I managed to total my phone's screen against bathroom tiles this morning.
Was gonna go with samsung financing until I found out that it's counted as a CFA towards your credit score. Basically it's a great deal (because it means you pay less for the phone due to inflation) but it'll rape your credit score for the next 12 years. Ended up paying in full.

Anyone here own an Essential Phone? If so how's the screen? Is the camera as bad as everyone says it is?

redmi note 5 pro is the best midrange phone.

>been using an iPhone 5 for more than 5 years now
>it's finally slowly kicking the bucket so I'm wondering what's on the market nowadays
Any simple, small form factor phone (I don't like big clunky phones that don't fit in my pockets) on the market nowadays lads?

Attached: $_86.jpg (768x1024, 162K)

The SE is the most obvious answer.

just bought a redmi note 5 global did i do a good

absolutely, the best.

eeh kinda got bored of iOS. Never had an android phone so kinda wanna try that for a change