Why is gmail still on top of the world?

Why is gmail still on top of the world?

Attached: 500px-Gmail_Icon.svg.png (500x500, 11K)

because it has infested the least by those sjw incompetent google devs.
It's the only google service that works.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Because google has the data on all the scammers and spammers

I don't know I switched to apple mail when I went full iFruit. Fuck google.

In my country, at least 95% of the people use it, mostly because not much people know about other alternatives, nor do they really need them. It's not like most of the people care about their privacy, they just want a really simple and easy to use service, which gmail has provided.

Android.

my mom still uses yahoo :/

Because it's a nice clean simple interface.

Outlook is becoming more and more bloated and slow again. It's so slow to move between screens. What the fuck are Microsoft even doing?

>because it has infested the least by those sjw incompetent google devs.
Dude got fired because he questioned the SJW ideology that's infesting Google in just about every level

brainlet here
what is wrong with it
and what are good alternatives ?

>gmail
who? oh you mean that crap universities use because they're too lazy to set up their own webmail server?

Inbox is king.

Shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

Because it's free as in price and normalfags will use anything if it's free.

What email service do you use?

I use Outlook. Kind of getting shittier right now, like that other user said. I'd maybe be looking into something else if my account wasn't connected to so many things.
Also, another reason why gmail is so popular is because no matter how much an email service is bad, not many people use their email as a communication service but more like a second password for their other accounts, so not many people care about the email itself, so it is rare that someone switches an email. It's just a matter of who gets to the masses first and google has pushed gmail cause it's completely free for them to advertise on their own already dominant platforms (google search engine, youtube)

I have used other email services before but gmail just werks and is easy to use. Also, people look you bad if you use another email service that is not gmail.com

Yeah, this is quite true. Pretty similar to when rich people don't have iPhones and other Apple products.

I have gmail for pretty much everything, except for boorus and such, I use cock.li for those. :3c

Attached: 1526444802396.jpg (160x160, 27K)

Because 99% of people see literally no reason to switch.

fuck off joe

My name's not joe or off

Attached: im_not_gay_or_anything-1.png (608x679, 142K)

easy to set up, recognizable brand, appealing interface. not a big mystery why people like it.

Google spyware
Protonmail seems okay

>setting up your own webmail
assuming you dont care about getting hacked

Because nobody outside of a bunch of autists cares about >muh privacy

Because Google will never get hacked, it's impossible to lose data by some hackers through Google. It won't happen and the majority public believe in them.

im thinking of switching to mailbox. How reliable are they?

Gmail is king for personal emails because it's free, easy as fuck to set up and just werx, and they do a good job of spam filtering. Microsoft owns the business email market because they have all the benefits of Gmail with much better organization management and integration, but it's a subscription based service.

PROTIP: organizations don't set up their own mail server. They buy a domain and set up O365 with it.

It's free and it just works.

When it came out, most people were on Yahoo, Hotmail/Live/Outlook, AOL, or ISP emails. Hotmail was the least awful, and Gmail still was better in almost every way.

People trust Google. Everything tends to work pretty damn smoothly. GMail is the least likely mainstream webmail to ever have a major (external) security breach. At this point it's familiar and trusted, and sysadmins who set up their own webmail servers regularly shit bricks about security, if they're not stupid.

Android

>Offered 1GB of storage when others were giving users MB sized inboxes (Hotmail was 2MB at the time of Gmail's launch)
>Android
Mostly Android though.

Hotmail had 20+ years and never stopped shitting the bed.
Yahoo gave up on life.
Most pay services aren't worth the dosh since they'll turn around and sell your data anyway.

If you really need control, then you have to find a private service worth the money or set up your own server.

Google swept the market because they were the first to not be retards about storage limits. There was no reason to have a 4mb inbox back when GBs were already cheap.

Attached: 1403376799428.jpg (1200x900, 258K)

Not here to shill for Google but all of their products and services work flawlessly, and if you are really that concerned about you're privacy just don't use your real name or a picture of yourself and you should be fine.

protonmail getting hit hard with record level ddos last few days

some governments just don't want you to have access to mail they cant read

Attached: 1365572610407.jpg (390x418, 48K)