F

F

Attached: snipping tool.png (750x418, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winaero.com/blog/microsoft-is-killing-snipping-tool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

?

Oh no
I use that

F

snibidy snab

But I actually use that.

Greenshot is much better

Snibbing tool die?
rib windows 10 users. F

Literally just an annoying version of mac style. Why couldn't they just take cmd+shift+4.

Attached: 1516650551047.png (859x185, 30K)

>F
Literally going nowhere.

Such a slow-ass program.
It should have been a hotkey right from the start.
Microsoft is catching up with macos after more than a decade, lol.

Huh?

Attached: 1521736865649.jpg (963x718, 123K)

??

Attached: AeroShot 1.3.2.png (477x409, 50K)

So much this.

Snibbing dool is nothing againt greenshot.

>2000+18
>not using ShareX

winaero.com/blog/microsoft-is-killing-snipping-tool/

Too many features.

>Too many features.
top fucking kek

No, I'm serious.
I want something that takes screenshots, not a bunch of shit like DNS changers, FTP client and an editor.
It also opens up slower than Snipping Tool, so there literally isn't any point of me using it.

>Starting with Windows version 1809, Microsoft may remove the app in favor of a modern snipping experience.
Great, I'm guessing by "modern snipping experience" they mean a bloated UWP app with ads.

Where the fuck even is "screen snip"?

It's basically the same thing but rewritten in WPF to make it about ten times slower.

If it's basically the same thing then I don't care. It looks like it doesn't have the drawing features which I hardly use anyway (usually straight from snip into paint.net).

this forever

Oh right.
Its not even in the latest standard version anyway.

>not using hyper desktop
>not using puush / shareX
>not using greenshot (what my job uses)
>not using any of the other countless better 3rd party software that exist's
>not just hitting alt-print-screen, then windows key + r, typing MSPAINT, then hitting ctrl-v, and alt-f-'s to save the image, all in one flurry of keystrokes in under 2 seconds since you've been doing it since win98

>opening up an entire program just to screenshot
LEARN
YOUR
SHORTCUTS SWEETIE
exactly like snipping tool but they can maintain it and it allows you to take screenshots that aren't just rectangles

>allows you to take screenshots that aren't just rectangles
>what is free form snip

in that case it just allows them to maintain it easier

>maintaining screenshots

German is such a ridiculous language

the software itself not the screenshots taken

wut?

Attached: wut.png (570x921, 42K)

can anyone explain?

>maintaining screenshot software

can't speak nazi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I LOVE SNIBBING TOOL

S

they're replacing it with something new
but it'll still be available

why do you insist on using all this crapware, what they need to do is

Win+shift+s
you're welcome

It will get replaced in the next Windows 10 update

Where does this save the screenshots?

It copies it to clipboard and you have to manually save it through a notification

It copes it to the clipboard but no notification for me.
This is on the latest standard version.

I have this Preview thing they probably added that in

Are you on an insider build?

Yes, but only on a secondary machine obviously
It's quite cool to see the bleeding edge of an OS as big as Windows

Fuck off Hans.

Attached: 1516329466560.jpg (480x349, 25K)

Das ist aber nicht nett von dir :(

RIP Screenshotting on school PC's that cant install greenshot/lightshot/scrot

>Windows 10 Enterprise
>Snipping Tool
Oh gosh what could it possibly mean!?

no u

?

Attached: screenshot.jpg (800x343, 77K)

But we only have snibbysnab on our uni computers

F

Attached: 1522422073610.jpg (340x320, 14K)

thank you user

>using a version of windows that forces you to beta test """feature""" updates

I'm sure someone will create a method to add it back in just like they have for all of M$'s other numerous fuck ups and ill advised design choices. I have literally no faith that the replacement will be anything other than a functional downgrade with padding: 25px !important for touchscreens.

This. ShareX is fantastic. Has so much to offer yet doesn't push all its features on you. You pick and choose. Such a great tool.

Okay, now all they need to do is include an instant capture the whole screen function that works similar to this method. A method to capture a window by itself, so you don't need to drag. A method to capture UI elements separately. A method to do these without shadows. A method to move the selection when dragging/selecting has already begun. A method to keep aspect ratio while dragging/selecting. And a method to enlarge the selection from the center point. Then finally screenshots will be at least somewhat comparable to how they work on macOS. Also they should fix the annoyances with some full screen programs going out of full screen when trying to capture a screenshot. And have these functions have logical and consistent keyboard shortcuts.

don't use windows 10. dont care.

I hate Jow Forums

>still inferior to all Linux screenshot tools
Kill it already, only retards use this.

snipping tool is the best thing Microsoft has made since Windows XP, why would they kill it wtf

Attached: 289B3B47A6_preview.png (640x640, 459K)

snipping tool is great because it's fucking simple. It doesn't pretend to be anything more advanced than something that takes screenshots. It does its job, does it well, and it doesn't try to do anything else.

It is annoying to use though. Compared to other programs.

Does it have a keyboard shortcut by default? No? 99% of people still use print screen and then just make a selection in paint.exe. It's shitty to use and most users are unaware of it's existence. There's literally no reason to keep it.

Never use it, but F

this
the fact that they haven't just full out used sharex is embarrassing

Kekd

everyone in my cubicle farm uses it.
>start menu
>search sni
>press enter
and right there you can crop the image and highlight.

By the way, does someone know a free/libre screenshot tool?

The fact that it doesn't have a hotkey by default is silly, but (windows key)->type "sni" into the search->(enter) is still pretty quick, assuming you type at a decent pace.

Maybe that's just a me thing, though. I rarely click on the start menu or any icons, I just hit the windows button and type in what I want.

>most users are unaware of it's existence
[citation needed]

Attached: Screenshot (6).png (1600x900, 141K)

>having to do all this inconvenient shit
>literally 2 keypresses on Linux does the same except it opens a far superior screenshot tool
Microsoft had a decade and a half to improve their shitty default software.
>everyone in my cubicle farm uses it.
All those people are idiots.

>[citation needed]
Anyone who isn't a """power user""" won't know what any of the software other than their browser and office suite does. Nobody in my entire family, except the 2 people interested in computers, knows about the existence of snipping tool. You have to understand that just because some things are common knowledge to you, a tech enthusiast, doesn't mean that most people know this shit or care about it.

It was the first thing my 55 year old mother figured out when she first got a laptop with Win7. It came pinned to the taskbar, so it was right in front of people's faces.

Too bad, I only found about it about a month ago, now I use it daily almost. It's my fault. Everything I touch turns to shit.

Attached: 1495490282153.jpg (400x386, 37K)

>not using greenshot

by fucking what

Edge and any UWP apps are faster to load in my PC, so I'm okay with this.

Thanks

>A method to capture a window by itself, so you don't need to drag.
alt+print screen. Captures only the active window.

Are you me?

command-shift-4 master race :^)

>not having nvidia share record your desktop 24/7
just kys cucks

Lol what the fuck is this shit
Take a screenshot and upload it to social media instantly!
Lol all this bloated nonsense that takes longer than snipping tool

>they will never fix this bug

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (622x316, 16K)

Wintoddlers by definition insist on using unnecessary crapware to over complicate simple tasks

dumb if you have multiple monitors, plus ifyou need to only crop one part you need to bring it into a program like paint and crop it

just use win+shift+s

>now all they need to do is include an instant capture the whole screen function that works similar to this method.
You mean like Win+Print Screen, which has been in Windows since before you were born?

I'm sorry but did win+printscreen have the feature of giving you a notification on what to do with the screenshot other than copying it to your clipboard?

It doesn't copy it to your clipboard, it saves a capture of your entire desktop in Pictures\Screenshots

Gross

Attached: 1529570840472.jpg (330x495, 75K)

No bug exists if you delete the software.

Attached: lol.jpg (354x460, 24K)

I use this shit

>German is such a ridiculous language
why so?

FastStone Captzre is what grown ups use.

>inb4 muh RAM for having something run in the system tray
It's 15mb on my system. If you can't spare that in the age of 16gb DDR4-3200 CAS 14, gtfo.

Lightshot runs better and doesn't take up a shitload of RAM :)

just use sharex you bunch of cunts