Note 4 Freezing

I have a Note 4 about 2 years old. Beginning yesterday it has been freezing and therefore prompting me to restart it. I have performed a factory reset and yet it keeps freezing. In facts it's freezing while its restarting.

The phone is also frozen and stuck vibrating. I just updated it to try and fix the problem as well and nothing is working.

Attached: samsung_galaxy_note_4_noir_t1409264052269A_172323503.jpg (300x450, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classlawdc.com/2017/04/25/investigation-samsung-galaxy-note-4-mmc_read-failed-defect/
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Samsung has used low quality emmc for the Note 4. That may be what's causing the behavior. Also:
>>>/spg/
classlawdc.com/2017/04/25/investigation-samsung-galaxy-note-4-mmc_read-failed-defect/

This

OP, your Note 4 is dying and will probably be dead soon. Salvage data while you can. Updating the phone will only make it die faster because it stresses the memory.

If you remove the battery and then put the phone in the freezer for five minutes, it should turn on. This is a temporary solution.

>I have note 4 verzion (why I bought this version when I have to use international idk) one year ago because root of that version so late then after installing custom rom battery dead again and again so i throw that phone and bought oneplus with custom rom no gapps

That's exactly the case,if i let it cool down a bit for 13mins or so it starts up normally and i could use the light apps smoothly like calculator and that Lollipop Flying bird-ish game heck i could even perform calls, but as soon as i try to use a heavy app or activate my WIFI it gets warmer and freezes again, i'm not getting the eMMC error though, but when i activate my network i see a "Sending report" Notification and it freezes right after that.

Can a eMMC chip replacement fix the issue or will i have to replace the whole motherboard?

Do you have a custom recovery installed? If so try booting into it, then wiping the cache and see if that helps. Depending on how important the data on it is, you can always try installing a different rom. I recently installed stock again while troubleshooting my battery drain, and I notice some substantial lag and freezing in some apps on stock as well.

I don't think replacing the eMMC chip is worthwhile and cost-effective at this point. I'd imagine it would be a difficult repair as well.

Yes i already tried that, even did a whole factory reset and lost some Data, still didn't fix anything, i tried to flash the newer 6.0.1 official ROM for it but Odin's giving me the Fail (Auth) error

Are you completely certain it is an eMMC related issue though? i still have a little bit of hope, yesterday i managed to go 6 hours fine with it but with minimum usage and no WIFI, as soon as i installed a 40MB game (apk sent to me from a Friend's phone via Bluetooth) and tried to launch it, it froze and screen glitched and restarted again and had to let it cool down for 15mins. also the wake lock app didn't work for me.

>Are you completely certain it is an eMMC related issue though
I can't be, but repair technicians in your area can. Before bringing the device, salvage as much data as possible and as quickly as possible.

Got it appreciate the feedback, i'll get it checked ASAP and if there's no hope i'll give up on it, i'll switch entirely from Samsung.

Apple iPhone X doesn't have this problem

I mean of course it doesn't the Note 4 is a 5 years old phone

Whoa, so this is the power of Lagdroid...

The operating system's got nothing to do with it, blame the Samsung idiots for making defective chips in the Snapdragon models

So no problems on the exynos ones? Then this looks more like a qualcomm problem

As far as i can tell people with the Exynos variant never suffered from this MMC defect, the majority were the Snapdragon variants.

Just heat it up again LOL

Might attach it to a liquid nitrogen cup so it won't overheat and *freeze*

>Apple iPhone X doesn't have this problem
Let's just wait and see which ones it does. So far, almost every iteration has had far more serious problems.
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8