Attached: Google.png (1137x761, 1007K)

Other urls found in this thread:

search.disroot.org/
arxiv.org/abs/1607.06520
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2018
>using the wewgle botnet
Shig

I remember when search engines were actually useful and allowed you to find unique and quirky shit that actually contains good information.

Is there any search engine as good as old Google?

DuckDuckGo

That's just NuGoogle with a proxy.

Nah you're thinking of Startpage

>Is there any search engine as good as old Google?
no. there isn't. and it's a serious problem. I run my own YaCy node - it's a p2p based search engine. Look it up. It's sorting algorithm is barely better than random and this is a problem. But it does have a whole lot of search-results that are censored from google and bing. It does need to be improved. Getting a viable p2p search engine, be it a better YaCy or something else, is getting very urgent as censorship is increasing rapidly.

I also use search.disroot.org/ / searx but that's just google/bing.

not alternatives! and you're better off using either a public or your own searx instance if you think they are. duckduckgo and startpage are just proxies for other search-engines. they claim they don't track you and that's probably true - but that really doesn't make a difference when the results are censored.

Never change, big G.

Attached: CIoW7wBWoAEqQRP.png?w=402&ssl=1.png (402x317, 196K)

Why does google find nothing but completely off topic and corporate shit nowadays

Is this a reason, why I can't find anything with jegle?

I suspect it's because of their shared monopoly with Bing. They used to have to try hard to become the best possible search engine so people would use it. Now both Google and Bing believe people are going to use them regardless of what they do because of all the pre-installs with their defaults - so they present you the results they'd like you to see, not the ones you're looking for.

One small note on Bing, btw, since most don't know this: It's actually very "popular" (as in many people use it) and also very profitable (yes, really).

No
Blame tag spamming

Don't forget search engine optimization - one of the riders of the apocalypse.

on one hand, Google intentionally fucks with certain search results. They politicize everything and obscure any "alternative" information. The image results being politicized is the easiest way to see this in action. Search "white couple" and you'll get the exact opposite of what you wanted, because they rigged it that way.

on the other hand, no other search engine provides better results than Google for obscure stuff, like technical issues with a program that only a handful people in the world use. Or if you don't know exactly what you're looking for and just use a bunch of key words, Google is the best at figuring out what you wanted.

It sucks. I just want Google minus the botnet and poz.

>Google search bar
>Hillary Clinton...
>...speach
>...height
>...twitter
>...now
>...yale
>Hillary Clinton killed...
>OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN!
>HIDE CHRISTOPHER STEVENS FROM THE VOTERS!
>EVEN IF THEY KNOW ABOUT CHRISTOPHER STEVENS, MAKE SURE ALL THE SEARCH RESULTS DON'T BLAME HILLARY!

>In December, Google’s top result for the query “did the Holocaust happen?” came from a white supremacist website. Gomes writes that such results “are less likely to appear” under the changes announced this week.

Attached: ed6b9234842debdf2292a95ce8cc96285f4dc29be8888708fc9bd5191f10d657.png (1200x1200, 1.65M)

my childlike wonder ended the day google images stopped just showing images

Qwant

i've been wanting google to at least fix their ad results. when i look up vlc i shouldn't get a softpedia link at the top, i should get a first party link to the vlc site.

>Search image
>Pinterest

>2000+18
>not using bing

I use Yandex.

Google is just the beginning. Progressives will enforce statistical bias to make machine learning a safe space for women and minorities.

arxiv.org/abs/1607.06520
>Man is to Computer Programmer as Woman is to Homemaker? Debiasing Word Embeddings

>We show that even word embeddings trained on Google News articles exhibit female/male gender stereotypes to a disturbing extent.
>We define metrics to quantify both direct and indirect gender biases in embeddings, and develop algorithms to "debias" the embedding.

What, did you really think machine learning was safe? Everything is political, shitlords.

Attached: racist_and_sexist.gif (245x245, 722K)

>search engine optimization
SEO hasn't been an issue for years. Google and Bing has been smart about it and penalized it for quite a while. It doesn't make difference to their search algo or censorship algo. It is a problem for everyone trying to write their own search-engine, though. YaCy isn't smart enough to see through it. It's an issue for small players and p2p search engines but it sure ain't why Google and Bing are so bad these days, that's just a result of plain censorship.

That example aside, Google saying "you can't have those results because we don't like those, try these we think you should see instead" is very problematic. It is specially so because we have already seen how Google uses search results in order to attempt to swing elections.