Cellphone battery charging

So I know that the more you charge your phone, each charge lowers the batteries lifespan. Charging above 85% also increases this. Now say I'm going to be using my phone a lot in one day, is it better to keep the charger in, let it hit 100% and keep the charger plugged in, letting the phone use ac power, or is it better to charge it, unplug it, use the phone until it needs to be charged, then charge it, unplug when done, use the phone and repeat? Basically I'm going to be watching a lot of media on it during the day and it'll consume a lot of life and I'll have to charge it at least twice during this basically all day period. So what's the healthiest option? Keep it plugged in and use ac power or full charge, when it's near dying, charge, unplug and repeat?

Attached: oyyELshggwqojtqF4wTP82SRouB9ZJS7BcHIorUBasE.jpg (720x759, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/soska_117/
instagram.com/p/BcxriKhlSWs/
batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Keep it plugged in if you don't need the portability.
Generally doing anything but plugging it in when it's running low or when you know you can't make it through the day without doing so is pants on head retarded. Setting a charging threshold would be a good idea if it's possible on your device, but other than that you should just use your battery-powered devices and not think any more about it.

>when they gib milkies to mommy
But seriously sauce me.

Attached: 85260c0ca40659ed2ff846a17dfe91c492de1776b63d8b8eaa00b9acfc02c190.png (778x512, 53K)

It literally doesn't fucking matter. Just get the battery replaced once it sucks instead of worrying about micromanaging shit like this.

Your battery is a consumable resource. It will eventually stop working no matter what. Time will age it. Using up charge cycles will age it. One 50% charge + another 50% charge later in the day is the same as one full charge: one charge cycle. Even if you try to micromanage the optimal charge levels and shit, it will still degrade and break over time regardless.

How long do you even keep your phones? If you're willing to shell out for a new phone once every 5 years or less, you don't have to care about this anyway. And why are you concerned about replacing a $30 part in a usually $500+ device some years down the line? Just replace it when it's a problem. Jesus christ people.

The charging/maintenance controller is smarter than you are. Just plug it in overnight when you sleep and try to keep a consistent charge schedule.

Sony Xperia with BatteryCare doesn't have this problem

This is so fucking autistic. First of all it's just a meme that charging to 100% will shorten your battery lifespan. It hasn't been true for about ten years now due to developments in battery and charging technology. Secondly how fucking cheaply do you value your time? Just plug it in and forget it

And if I seem hostile, it's because I'm incredibly hostile. I run a subreddit where this exact question gets asked every odd fucking day.

Some other tips for you bottom-dwelling Instagram foodposters: yes, you can leave it on the charger all fucking day and night for months. Some stupid fucks were setting alarms to unplug their phones in the middle of the night.

No, you don't have to unplug it before using it dumbshit. No, you don't have to let it drain completely and then charge it to 100% regularly (***unless your charge meter seems to be wildly inaccurate and random, then doing this ONCE will probably fix it forever).

The charge controllers and battery technology have progressed beyond the point where we have to worry about shit like this, it's not 1980.

Buy an external battery bank and start treating devices as helpful in life

Lol who's your battery guy. Spent $12 on a new battery after mine started only holding 60% charge. But really this guy gets it, just replace your battery with a new one and recycle the old one. you're not hurting anyone and you're just wasting headspace thinking about batteries of all things

Attached: AAB1BA338FD84CFCA1497EDFE0605C35.jpg (500x603, 17K)

If only phones had replaceable batteries.

I see this picture everywhere. The left one looks familiar. Who the fuck is it?

Who are these semen demons?

I have the ability to have it stop charging at 80 via a magisk plugin, which I usually do. I don't need the portability as I'm stationary for this period. Thanks for the insight.

That's not the question. The question wasn't overnight charging. It was that I'm watching movies/tv shows on it for 5+ hours on it, and wanted to know if I should keep it plugged in or not during this period.

I don't have an Xperia.

It's not though. Samsung and even telsa cars don't charge 100% to keep the battery lifespan longer. This is a fact, and you didn't even read my question, I never said that I'm away from the phone and need to time it once it hits a certain percentage. I am USING THE PHONE AND WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD KEEP IT PLUGGED IN WHILE USING IT AND WHEN IT HITS 100% OR UNPLUG IT AT 100% (WHILE STILL USING IT). Ironic you bring up autistic, because your reading comprehension is autistic since you can't understand the fucking question.

Why a battery bank? I don't run out, that's not the question.

Then go back to fucking Reddit you fucking faggot. Not everyone is a total fucking tool that needs to show off with the newest fucking device every 6months to show their basedboy friends on Facebook or Instagram that they got the newest iPhone. My phone is from 2015 and still kicks ass because I don't drop it, and take care of it. And I never said I wouldn't replace the battery when I need to, just wanted input about this. Some people value their purchases and don't treat them as disposal items.

No sauce. Only picture. From some random Russian hipster Instagram. Here is her Instagram and the original post.
instagram.com/soska_117/
instagram.com/p/BcxriKhlSWs/

I answered your question. Just charge it overnight. If you can't get through a whole day on a charge then your phone is shit.

>
Looks like young ivanka trump thats why

>each charge lowers the batteries lifespan. Charging above 85% also increases this.
Increases the lifespan?

Lol, if that's the case maybe your phone's manufacturer have already limited the full charge level but still shows 100% anyway because normal users won't understand why.

Don't charge above 80%, don't discharge below 20%

There. Now your battery won't end up looking like it's from an iphone after 6 months.
People use their phones way too much nowadays. If you have to change it every single fucking day, you're the problem, not the battery.

>I run a subreddit
have you considered not?

Exactly. That's how all modern phones have been for 5+ years. Their "100%" isn't really 100. The tech takes care of it. No need to be autistic like OP

unless you care about warranty just replace it

>I have the ability to have it stop charging at 80 via a magisk plugin
Then do so, this way you can leave it plugged it all the time. See As for the guys saying that it doesn't matter, it does, lithium batteries have been the same for the past 10 years, letting it go bellow ~3V or keeping it at 4.2V while pumping current is not good.
Here is a nice reference: batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

smoking is the biggest turn off

No it isn't.

>So I know that the more you charge your phone, each charge lowers the batteries lifespan.

This is true for old batteries, and is negligible for newer models.
I bet you are still using screensavers thinking it helps monitor lifespan too.

killer link on battery issues