Is Python worth learning?

is Python worth learning?

Attached: python.jpg (273x184, 6K)

No, but on the upside it takes only about a week.

how about c++?

>it takes only about a week
this

Yes. Jow Forums acts like it isn’t because it’s contrarian but python is absolutely always a valuable asset to have

do you think c++ and python are a good combo?

probably not, unless you need it

Yes, i think it's a good alternative to batch scripting

The syntax is awful, it's slow and the best you're doing is slapping data from one library to another.

python is good glue. quick to write useful scripts as well. python + pyqt is okay for desktop program development. well, better than electron at least.

superior to batch scripting? is it less niche than bash?
Can you run same python code on GNU/Linux and Windows without rewrite?

I just started learning Django about an hour ago.

Is Django worth learning, I'm only learning it because I've been teaching myself python and people say to stick to the same language for a while and get good at one before branching out.

>startup times that rival compiling C
>good alternative to batch

>Can you run same python code on GNU/Linux and Windows without rewrite?
Mostly.

should i learn c++ first or python first ?

python is easier and c++ is more verbose and you write a huge amount of boilerplate compared to py. Take your pick.

Python, if it seems to easy/simple go to c++

I was learning python to get a qt gui up but i couldn't get my head around how to write code inside of the qt event loop so I picked up c++ and it was easier to get my gui running that way. I still have no clue how to hand objects through connect signal/slots but make do with extern variables and shit. At least it works i guess.

bump

>t. professional fizzbuzz developer

it may sound stupid to you but if you had a reason to learn c++, you would have learned it already

>t. projecting

Yes. Why? It just works.

C++ is the golden hand of the elder gods, but you will learn it the wrong way, so don't.

If you already know programming then python can be picked up fairly quickly.

Python is a pretty good scripting language honestly
What I don't like however, is people that insist on using it for everything, including projects that crunch a huge amount of data. I often see python programs that need to run for at least a few hours, while the same c++ program takes less than 5 minutes to do the same tasks.
It's very frustrating when these programs are the core of some libraries and your own work depends on them.

you don't just learn the syntax to learn the language you can learn python's syntax in 2 hours.

It's great. Don't be afraid to jump headfirst. However, be aware that it truly shines for when the purpose of the project is specific. It TRULY shines with specific stuff. The more general the project, the more it will take time to create. For really general stuff, it's best to use Wordpress.

No you don't see that

You can also learn its crappy semantics in a couple of days. Not including stuff you don't need to know like MRO or how its module system works in detail.

Yes I do, because I rewrite the features I want in c++ when they end up taking too long in python.

Bump

if it takes a few hours in python and a few minutes in c++, it means that whatever is written in python is written crappy.