Forgotten, weird, and otherwise unsuccessful electronics

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x355, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB9FA1979AB986522
reviewsonline.com/articles/974703341.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=-Dlfpab1Knc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Attached: wonderswan-spot05.jpg (800x504, 173K)

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB9FA1979AB986522

Attached: basedboys.jpg (960x720, 92K)

3Com Audrey
reviewsonline.com/articles/974703341.htm

Attached: 3Com-Audrey-a.jpg (189x200, 6K)

I wonder how many pounds of electronic waste was generated by radio shack giving those away 4free

FTFY

Attached: basedboyandsoyboy.jpg (960x720, 128K)

Attached: Nokia-NGage-LL.jpg (1200x685, 152K)

These actually sold well in the late 90s but I just wanna add it cause of how weird it seems now

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (3840x2160, 818K)

Wow. Only one result on Youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=-Dlfpab1Knc

Attached: 11654.png (1816x1578, 47K)

Wait, who's the basedboy here?

I remember in 1997 my brother got one of these as we walked into some electronic store so he could use the internet kiosk that required time-cards to talk to his girlfriend

I had one once. Useless gimmick.

there was actually a secondary market for those things for almost a decade, tinkerers used them for lots of barcode-ish stuff before smartphones with cameras (and RPis with $10 camera modules) were commonplace things.

The Cauzin Effect. Say it out loud.
See Cauzin Softstrip on Wonkipedia.

Why is there a bass clef on the back of it

It was called the CueCat, and they just chose that as a logo for it. Presumably because it looks kinda like a C.

Don't read too much into it. It was the dot-com bubble. It's like that pets.com sock puppet. Everyone was high as a fucking kite on the prospect of making a gorillion dollars on the internet. A lot of shit got made and done that was weirder and stupider than today's bubble.

I had a Panasonic one, took 5 seconds to load each picture

As a programming project in 2000 my teacher had us write a program that would interface with it and allow you to build a database of food items by scanning shit at the grocery store. I swear to god i think he actually took his laptop to the store and scanned shit this way as sort of a digital shopping list/inventory tracking system for his pantry at home. I think we were using visual studio 6 c++ with mfc. I remember using Assert() a lot. Wtf

>tfw memory of friend showing me her nudes in class on one of these
>was an ugly autistic fat kid
>didn't know how to react and just sort of sat there while she flipped through all of them
>never once made a move on her cause I was too beta

Attached: 1527884973384.png (236x431, 61K)

I wondered why this failed.

Was the Wonderswan even sold in the US? I never even heard about this thing until the early 00's.

>side talkin' taco
Everything about the ngage was dumb, from the weak hardware to the antagonistic marketing, it's a surprise Nokia even let it go to market.

At first I thought that was a minidisc, but it's just a regular floppy. Sony mishandled the hell out of the minidisc. Shame since it had so much tech ahead of its time when it launched.

Wiki says the Wonderswan was never released outside of Japan. So, doubtful unless someone managed to resell them at a flea market or something

Get out Clint, I ain't doing LGR oddware for you this time.

I got one for Christmas the year it came out, and likes it a lot. Shame the company went bankrupt.

Ineptness of NextThingCo. They tried to launch a Pi competitor, this, and a manufacturing-focused IoT embedded device at the same time and stretched their resources hyper thin. As for the PocketCHIP itself, I own one and

>keyboard was impossible to touch type on, limiting CLI
>screen is low resolution and resistive, making it hard to use most GUI stuff
> GPIO pins are cute for prototyping but if you're gonna actually build something you're better off using the Pi since there's more accessories and resources for help

Which is unfortunate because it's honestly adorable, I want to use it more

Wonderswan never made it out of Japan

Like language, it's from left to right.