Win7 in 2018?

new hardware need an os for gaymes. dualbooting archbang and windows. can you still use 7 in 2018? freedum fag just wants to play game.

Attached: windows9_kek.jpg (1366x768, 341K)

Windows 7 will run any game. but if you're concerned about your freedom i'd block telemetry

>All of the desktop is Cirno
>Except for the start button, which is the fucking Decepticon icon for some unknown reason
To actually answer your question, user above me is correct, still a solid OS.

Attached: 1518738664264.jpg (576x432, 46K)

so far i've gathered
>no directx12 (though very few games require it as of late)
>may need unofficial patching for modern hardware

op here, yea the transformers icon got me too. not my desktop

Windows 7 is fine.

Make sure you install the Professional edition. For some reason that's the only one with support until 2020 while Home and Ultimate support ended 2015, idk why.

What the fuck is this garbage ?

Win7 is shite for gayming my frametimes are way lower on w10, comparable to linux even.

I am using windows 7 for gaming in 2018 ask me anything

I still have 7 running on a desktop at home. it's fine. I don't update and I don't use MSE. only defense is the windows firewall and uBlock Origin. i'm not dealing with sensitive data or doing anything important so i don't give a shit. it's been going strong for years with no problems.

>Wondering why the version made for business customers, the ones with the biggest contracts with Microsoft, gets support for longer.

Gee. "For some reason".

That made no sense. Basically you said "Windows 7 is shit for gaming. I get shittier performance in Windows 10, about the same as Linux", so are you saying they should buy a Mac then? Since 7, 10 and linux suck for gaming?

Install win 10 and use win10privacy to make it your bitch.
Honestly it's not so bad as people say, especially if you dual boot its the way to go imo.

win firewall is shit install simplewall it's open source

I still use Windows 7 at work because they never upgraded to 10 before hiring me and it's too late to get the free upgrade

Too lazy to pirate or anything like that, but yeah W7 is still supported and still works and does everything you'd expect a modern operating system to do

Are you fucking retarded? Microsoft even says on their website that Pro is designed for power users. Enterprise and Ultimate are the ones aimed at business/corporate customers... =_=

I intend to use Win7 forever.

Attached: 1528819405685.jpg (334x334, 88K)

I got a high-end gaming laptop the christmas before I left for college back in 2012, loaded with Win7. It lasted for 6 years and I wanted to make it last as long as possible.

Now it's finally passed on (thanks in part to some shoddy technicians who only made things worse trying to fix it) and I have to replace it. Among all the other things I'm upset to lose thanks to no longer being standard for laptops (like optical drives, easily-accessible dual hard drive docks, back-mounted fans and a dedicated power button as opposed to a keyboard power button) I HAVE to use Win10 on this replacement laptop because Win7 drivers aren't offered for it. That combined with Classic Shell's development being discontinued leaves me in a real rotten situation.

rate

Attached: screenshot.png (1024x600, 1.08M)

are you immortal? I think living forever is more impressive than using a particular OS

Either go full Linux and/or use KVM passthrough (only up to 10% performance loss)
If you want to dual boot then just install windows 10. It performs better, is less buggy and is more secure. If you're worried about the increased telemetry then see pic related.

Attached: AME.png (3695x1271, 796K)

69/10 would fug nanami madobe

Honestly depending on what you do, you can use windows 7 for a long long time yet. Long as you don't plan to play newer games (starting in 2020) or use newer software (office,etc, also in 2020). Long as your browser is still supported as is your antivirus software you'll be fine. Older computers are limited by 2TB drive boot limit but really if you got 2TB+ of data you want to keep long term there is far better ways to store it. Replaceable core parts are cheap (mobo/cpu/ram) so bag a few spares to stash in a closet. Bagging a spare gpu wouldn't be a bad idea either since as time passes support for older games will drop/or have compatiblity issues. ATX PSU's and SATA drives will still be the same standard and form factor for a long time still so you can replace those as needed.

>year 2k18
>not knowing immortality
summer fags sure are plenty this year