Brave v0.23.19 Released

Brave now has Tor tabs.
brave.com/tor-tabs-beta/
Thank you based Brave

Attached: Brave_Software_Logo.png (256x256, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Status-Updates
github.com/brave/browser-laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to hide and report all shilling threads created by Brave devs. It's literally adware. It just replaces ads on the web with its own (((acceptable ads))), and steals the revenue

Attached: BraveAdware2.jpg (926x773, 134K)

>this same old FUD from seething Google kikes and Pozzilla shills
Friendly reminder that Brave is open source and replacement ads are opt-in.

>using a browser that literally injects its own ads
OHNONONONONO

>released
Not yet

It is.

adware created by the guy who ruined computers with javascript

Snap still has v22, yet the point of snaps is to have most up to date packages.

Brave snaps are always delayed

*Snap*

Attached: 1530050866924.jpg (684x546, 76K)

Brave is still a shitty browser that injects its own ads

Adding in "Tor" tabs which are already known to be unreliable and has many side attacks that render it useless doesn't help. Especially in a browser that literally injects its own ads.

I've noticed. It's especially annoying since brave was supposed to have a built-in updater.

>brave injects ads ok ignore the fact that its opt in haha btw did i mention it injects ads
Get a new tactic, shill.

>injects it own ads injects its own ads injects its own ads injects its own ads
opt-in.
>b-but he made the javascripts!
And he put a script blocker into his own browser. Even he knows it went too far.

Extensions when?

Attached: confused.jpg (500x500, 111K)

1.0 release

I'm not a fan of brave personally. Though people saying it has injected ads seem to ignore that it's an opt-out option.

>highlight some text I'm interested and drag it into the search bar
>nothing happens
>highlight some text I'm interested and drag it onto the new tab button
>nothing happens
>drag tab from a 2nd window into the massive empty tab bar space
>nothing happens

meh

Opt-in*

Of course they are, Brave's ad model threatens their master's hook nosed ways.

This. /sage

>0.005 BAT have been deposited into your Brave Wallet

I don't exactly get a warm fuzzy feeling when the "Payments" tab in my browser settings shows that the data is kept anonymous by PIA, who's CTO is Mark Karpeles. In case you forgot, Mark Karpeles is the ex-CEO of the now bankrupt Mt. Gox and was arrested multiple times on embezzlement charges.

Attached: mtgox-2.0.png (871x452, 40K)

Wouldn't you have a unique fingerprint for using Brave with Tor?
Doesn't look like a good idea.

Attached: 1526373266721.jpg (378x485, 40K)

So don't use it? PIA is definitely a scam, but it's only connected to for this cryptocurrency meme, which is all optional and opt-in.

Same. Them strongly being for AdBlockPlus instead of uBlock Origin shows that they don't value user control and adblocking at all. uBO is much more efficient, faster and powerful than ABP, yet Brave devs claim that their ABP fork is "faster". Why hasn't anyone released a Brave fork with uBO and uMatrix instead of (((Brave shield)))?

which is when?

Attached: question.jpg (400x504, 36K)

>june/july

So next month? If that's true, i'm switching right the fuck now. Bye bye meme Firefox forks. Hello Brave!

>weeb browser in electron
>smart idea
>realizes its litterely just chromium with an adblocker
is it hard to install uBlock Origin? Or what?

what browser should I run on my phone?

Seeing how the development isn't as fast as it should be for all those features listed I doubt it will be done in July. Late August is more likely.

Firefox for features + privacy
Brave for speed
Lightning (from fdroid) for no bloat + speed

uBlock is snake oil outside of Firefox.

Digit man is right. All chromium browsers are gimped. They can't block certain requests properly and don't have as much user control.

>Brave's ad model threatens their master's hook nosed ways

Eich isn't jewish.

No he's saying that the people spreading FUD about "ad-injection" are jews

Not entirely sure what to do with Brave. Slick as shit fast on my phone and blocks most ads. Seems a little clunky on pc and I can use ublock on any other browser I care to use. I guess it's a good phone browser for now.

This. Ignore this shit

Attached: 1486848934112.gif (535x480, 407K)

Am I missing something? Is this bad idea to do with a chromium browser? Wont you stick out like a sore thumb since everyone has been using the same firefox based Tor browser since it started? This is going to hurt not only your anonymity but everyone else too.

>It just replaces ads on the web with its own (((acceptable ads))), and steals the revenue
I have no problem with this desu

>tfw the same guy that created js and ruined the modern web is going to ruin ruin Tor
What the fuck is his problem?

You can still block all ads. Not sure how long that will last.

Forever. If not I'll just move to Iridium or Icecat or something

keich needs to go full out and offer ad filtering options

>no ads from these companies
>no ads involving mix race couples
>no ads depicting homosexuality

They're working with the Tor team, so presumably they're implementing stuff that blends them in with everyone else.

I have doubt. Its recommended that people don't even change the size of the browser and use the default size when it opens. Any minor difference in browser signature will stick out.

>interested in a dubious redistribution scam?
brave is the software equivalent of jews; nothing but lies, half-truths and false pretensions of "ethical advertising"

Brave is the biggest threat to the internet as it tricks people into believing ad-revue is fundamental to the survival of the web, when in reality it's the cancer that's killing it.
>adblocking is the only chemo

That and all the other settings people change and extensions used will make everyone unique.

oooooh so thats why my firewall alerts kept popping up saying tor is trying to access the web.
i was thinking "wtf why is brave triggering tor; im not creeping on my friend's gf right now"

Attached: 1405162045818.jpg (350x288, 16K)

then how do sites make money?

It's fucking bullshit they start up Tor when you load the browser now, glad my application firewall caught it because I don't need Tor running on the clearnet screaming to my ISP HEY I AM BEING PRIVATE RN

>People who like anything are shills
Look, it's no secret that this place is full of corporate shills, but you're being retarded.

Brave won't let me post on phone with Shields on and on pc it pesters me with unremovable addons and retarded notifications like 'we're ready for your first payment' or some shit
Palemoon for PC, Bromite for phone

thats opt in

First its opt-in, then its opt-out, then you have no choice in the matter

opt-in or -out is irrelevant, ads are directly opposed to my interests, so the browser (a "user agent", remember) needs to be 100% on my side on this. That means no involvement with advertising or monetization whatsoever in any capacity is the only acceptable policy.

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time
LMAO it's adware AND botnet

Attached: oooh hahaha that is quite ironic my man.png (107x107, 30K)

No thanks, I'm waiting for 1.0 release.

t. Soros butthurt from massive drop of views of his YT/FB ads

>Hm ok I'll give this browser a go
>Install, seems good
>Time to shitpost on Jow Forums
>upload failed
>upload failed
>upload failed
>Not even attaching any images

10/10 would uninstall again

>not using clover

>why does nobody make a good browser without getting any funding whatsoever
Kill yourself. The project is entirely open source and you can make a GNU BraveCat version of it if you want.

Your fault for visiting this garbage website from outside of clover. The amount of bloatware, tracking and adware this place has is insane.

stupid logo
paranoid people only use this

>based on chromium
>don't use it

I'm paranoid and I'm not going to use it.

paranoid people don't browse the web with their devices

>paranoid people
>using anything other than Tor or IceCat
You're dumb

when is it going to switch to chrome's ui?
gotta say i like brave a lot but it looks like shit if you're not using mac.

>chrome UI
Fuck no, it's absolutely terrible and actually worse than brave (when it comes to the settings page). Firefox UI is superior, brave should try and clone it.

>it's absolutely terrible and actually worse than brave
brave doesn't fit in at all with neither gtk or qt, you can clearly see it's an electron app, it just looks weird. i agree that firefox's ui is better but brave is chromium based so idk if it'd be even in their scope to port it and maintain it, and also, they've already announced that they're going to use chrome's ui.

Brave is literally yet another chromium reskin and this one doesn't even hide its data mining policies.

Attached: 1509410091504.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

>they've already announced that they're going to use chrome's ui.
Oh well, I guess I won't even bother using it then.

>have adaway and brave

Rekt

They also have money to market their chink chrome clone shit here every day. Go figure.

>android
It still depends on GSF
It's still a webview renderer and webview has a ton of privacy issues
It has a built-in tracker inside the app
It has known privacy leaks

What else? Naked?

>Your fault for visiting this garbage website from outside of clover. The amount of bloatware, tracking and adware this place has is insane.
Holy shit brave shills are retarded. Your advice is to not use the browser to visit certain sites because the browser is shit. I have no problems on firefox with umatrix and ublock origin.

>The amount of bloatware, tracking and adware this place has is insane
Works fine for me on Chrome with ublock origin.

>advertisement board of investors
>muh crypto meme fad
>shitty logo
>chrome clone
>no extensions
>random crashed
>horrible video performance
>designed to uniquely identify you
>electron(shitty performance and also owned by microsoft now)
>designed by the kike who created JS

They are so desperate they are giving away 1 million (of the 7 million gained from capital investors upfront) dollars to any no name youtubers to shill it to their followers about Brave.
(each user is worth $5 BAT)

HAAAAH
No wonder low energy shills always spam this crap.

>Firefox UI is superior
Firefox UI has been garbage ever since FF4. Nothing about modern FF UI is good.

yeah, I'm going to download app for every retarded webpage on the planet insead of using my browser

Shit opinion is shit

Brave is so ass backwards. They implement dumb features before basic things like extensions. They don't even know what they want be. First electron, and then they realize how shit it is. Now they're going to be a chrone clone.

is it?

Attached: Capture+_2018-06-29-05-47-44.png (1440x2417, 447K)

This is why they will always be shady to me. They incentivise users to shill it (no matter how shitty it is).

au contraire, it's chrome that has always been garbage since it's conception.

firefox had a little issues with speed a while ago, i'll admit, but it's back and it's still the only browser i consider worth my time.

have fun with your garbage browser made by the friends of humanity.

>download app for every retarded webpage
no don't do that, that's retarded. only Jow Forums, use clover and you won't get retarded problem like you mentioned for using retarded browser.

firefox lightly and klar
>and lightning for pr0n/camgrillz

Attached: 1530229865771.jpg (607x897, 170K)

Anyone else has trouble to run it with snap? I just get an empty window and can't do anything. On Manjaro.

I am using it. What alternative do I have? I was using Ghostery's, but then I also found out they were dishonest.

Is there room for ublock? If not, is there a way to extract ad site address from ublock? I can create a ublock hosts file for that.

Naked is proprietary shitware. Lightning is better. Or just use IceCat which while it is slow, it doesn't have the other issues.

No, femanon, it's not. The new UI gives you more screen space and places most things in the right place. Chrome's UI is terrible, for example. Despite looking similar as a browser, the settings layout is trash and it'd be better if chrome didn't even have a settings page and just let you be cucked by Google completely. Plus, chrome has a significant lack of features and user control even without counting about:config.

>I was using Ghostery's, but then I also found out they were dishonest.
They aren't dishonest, they specifically state that they track you and sell your info. Ghostery was bought by an ad agency over 3 years ago.

I have this installed on my PC at work. I wonder if any "alarms" will be set off when it updates.

Hope all Tor pedoniggers/terorristniggers you get sentenced to lifetime prison

(about Ghostery)
Whatever, the conclusion is the same for the subject at hand.
What should I be using to stay away from the data hunters?

tor isn't a web browser you absolute gimp

uBlock Origin + uMatrix + Decentraleyes
Check privacytools.io for more information

It's also the name of the browser you autistic piece of garbage. Don't argue about things if you're wrong.

that's literally just a firefox fork

ya a fork of firefox into its own browser called tor
what, do you call christianity; norse? because that religion is literally just a norse fork

Attached: 1371086484145.jpg (782x577, 37K)

Time to clarify things
>Brave is closed source
Incorrect. Brave is Free Software, with source available on Github.
github.com/brave/browser-laptop

>"muh ad injection"
When you first install Brave browser, this feature is disabled. You have to manually switch the settings to enable ad replacement. There are 3 settings you can choose from. "Allow Ads and Tracking", which disables all protections, "Block Ads", which runs a regular adblocker, and "Show Brave Ads" which is the ad replacement. If I remember correctly, the default is "Block Ads".
Additionally, I would trust Brave ads over Google ads in terms of respect for user privacy. You don't have to see either though, and I personally keep my settings to "Block Ads"

>no extensions!
Coming next month.

Attached: 0_qTeX1gdnf0xLPsY0.jpg (1280x720, 136K)