Why does Jow Forums hate razer ?

Why does Jow Forums hate razer ?

Attached: index.png (356x141, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gdprhallofshame.com/6-razer-breaks-mice-for-users-that-dont-accept-a-privacy-policy/
youtube.com/watch?v=3xXwQQZGE1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw paid half the price to headphones that are twice as good
Feels good to grow out of the toy peripherals phase.

Attached: comfy.jpg (409x409, 45K)

Attached: f4b.jpg (500x743, 58K)

Had 2 Razer Blackwidows and 2 Deathadders, both broke in 2 years. Mouse is ok but starts failing too quick. Keyboard is absolute trash. Won't buy Razer ever again

Razer Abyssus v2 is the only thing i'll buy from them. Maybe the Razer jewgone if I can set a base dpi and then uninstall their spyware

I hate their fanbase. Edgy faggots who think gaming is a calling in life and something to identify by.

Hey don't fuck with us gamers.

I will throat fuck you through your asshole.

Attached: 1515965163158.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

A lot more than just Jow Forums hates razer.
Even /v/
Even reddit
Especially people who recommend laptops or build PCs. Total waste of money.

I bought a razer lachesis banshee used like 8 years ago though and it's okay. it was only $15 so i dont fee lbad about buying that mouse. easily my least favorite "gaming mouse" I've used though.

The biggest problem, for me, is the abysmal cost to build quality ratio. Their quality assurance seems to very inconsistent. You're paying top dollar and you don't know if what you get will last you years or days.

I think another thing, definitely here on Jow Forums, but likely elsewhere is the gaymer persona that represents razers target demographic. It's fairly childish and makes the buyer come across as a bit silly and immateur.

Can't say I "hate" them but it's clearly a brand that should be avoided. It really is cheaply produced highly overpriced trash with "gaming" branding. Bought some of their stuff for my nephews, most broke quickly due to the very poor quality. I doubt they will be wanting more of their stuff. Razer is the kind of trash brand kids want due to marketing and later hate when they see how garbage it really is.

I got a razer headset and pc world fucked up and only charged me 14.99 when they where marked at 69.99, and at that price it's a pretty fantastic bit of kit. I also got razer phone because it was available on an unlimited data package at only 30per month but it really is a piece of shit. Supplied charger stopped working after 10 days, apps randomly freeze or shut down and about once a day the phone just switches itself as Im using it. Also the cameras crap but I'm not overly bothered about that.

I got a razer bundle a few years back. Big mistake. Only thing I actually like is the mousemat

The keyboard is clunky and cheap feeling compared to previous Logitech ones.

The headphones sound just god awful. 7.1 what ever they're called. Waste of money. Audio technica m50x's are far better.

The mouse is pretty useless imo. I just replaced it straight away with a Logitech Mx master.

The mouse bungee is a gimmick at most.

I really don't, but I buy only their mice because it's my subjective opinion that they make the best mice on the planet. Also I bought the cloth mouse pad from them like 10 years ago and I still use it and it's still the best mouse pad I ever used. Currently I have the Lancehead wired mouse and I rate it 10/10, best mouse I ever used. My advice is to download their drivers, set the mouse up perfectly to be however you want (like turn off the stupid LEDs and configure sensitivity and macros), then uninstall the drivers. Their mice all have memory so it's far better this way and the drivers are bloatware anyway.

I have no idea how good their other products are though. I know their keyboards are subpar. I don't give a shit about the fanbase either, I buy strictly the products I feel are top notch.

had two razor headsets, both broke on me in lass than 3 months. both times the plastic headband snapped. then i just bought a normal headphone and a cheap microphone

I bought one of their mice in the hopes of being something good (good mice are hard to find). Instead I got cheap junk that broke quickly and was unreliable even when it did work. Very shiny junk, but that was clearly only skin deep.

>Razer
The problem isn't how much it costs, but how low quality it is.

Very...lewd...

Too high of a price for such cheap and terrible quality. Perfect for gaymur fags who are stupid enough to buy it.

Attached: 1513211338380.jpg (480x488, 46K)

LED on peripherals are distasteful.

I have a Razer mousepad. An acquaintance gave it to me in exchange for assembling a PC for him. I held my autism in check and just accepted it and said thanks. I looked it up on amazon and the thing apparently cost him like 40 bucks. I mean its a good mousepad. Works fine, been pretty durable so far, has a nice wrist rest, but I'd feel kinda robbed if I spent $20 for it, let alone twice that. It's not even close to being worth what it cost.

Attached: 1491764926595.png (500x913, 270K)

I once bought a Razor mouse + mousepad.

AMA

I like Razer desu. Been using the same keyboard and mouse for the last 6 years and everything's still in perfect condition. Jow Forums just doesn't like it because it's a gaymen brand.

i've had my blackwidow tournament edition keyboard for like 4 years. held up well when i spilled a ton of water on it and pretty easy to clean

GayMen brand

Logitech is superior in every way and their logo wasn't made by some edgy autistic 13 year old.

It's the Apple of the gaming market. Overpriced, painfully mediocre, relying entirely on brand image and kiddie gaymen who want to show off

>Saw a Razer "mechano-membrane" keyboard on clearance for $20, was $80.
>I just figured some of the keys were membrane while the important ones were mechanical.
>Get it home, pop a keycap off... They were all membrane with a cheap metal flap the cap "clicks" over when pressed.

>80 FUCKING DOLLERYDOOS.
One extremely funny thing I noticed was "welcome to the cult" or something like that embossed on the inside of the packaging.

Returned it because it wasn't even worth $5.

it break

>razer taipan over 4-5 years ago
>40 dollars
>turn off led lights
it still works

if you can find their shit for the chink prices it's actually valued at, they're okay. But for the price you can almost always do better.

That sums it up
/thread

The build quality was good until about 5-10 years ago. They used to make decent products, now it's cheap plastic garbage that falls apart.

Razmir

I used to have a Deathadder. It broke after 2 years. Then i bought a second one. It broke after 2 years exactly too.

No mouse felt as good ever since, but im not going to fucking buy new expensive mouse every 2 years, fuck that.

The Blade Stealth is a fantastic laptop that's pretty well priced for the build quality and performance.

Anything else Razer makes is sheit.

deathadders are legitimately great mice until they inevitably break

that's why you buy them off aliexpress for like half the price

Did the press feel rubbery and squishy?

Totally agree. Was stupidly overpriced. Even though I got it in a bundle. Robbed for sure.

The only razer product i ever bought was their xbox 360 controller
It felt pretty comfortable to use
BUT it broke after only 2 months of use
2 months! I didnt even play that much
Never buying razer meme shit again

Attached: razer-onza-te-main.jpg (640x427, 42K)

The price/quality ratio isn't as high as other brands
The only Razer thing I bought is my keyboard during a Black Friday sale, and then literally like a week after the 1 year warranty expired the Z key developed problems but not enough to make me get a new keyboard

Used to own a keyboard, mouse and mat from them. This was almost 10 years ago so maybe the build quality improved, but i doubt it.
The mouse and keyboard felt like cheap plastic, and the mat was so thin i was better off playing on a tshirt.
Way overpriced for what you get as well.
You know how when you hold something you just feel that it is poorly built? That's razer.

I have that same controller and it has lasted me over 4 years, still going strong. Why didn't you get a warranty replacement?

Attached: 1529667434528.png (445x583, 309K)

>Calling and talking to people
No thanks

Poor quality Chinese shit marketed well.

Is picrelated a good deal, Jow Forums?

Attached: rzr.png (1069x556, 129K)

Do any other brands make controllers with actual mechanical buttons (not membrane)? I know the Switch controllers do but I'd like to have analog triggers.

California puts toxic chemical warnings on Razer computer mice

They were good, once, at least the Deathadder was like 15 years ago, they let their quality control go straight into the gutter. Never again.

I bought a 100$ razer headset a few years ago and returned it after an hour. It was uncomfortable as fuck and the sound/mic quality was terrible, worse that my old 30$ steel series headset. Honestly might have been defective.
I stole the stickers out of the box though hefore taking it back.

Meme gaming gear which makes it pricier than it needs to be

>being too autistic to get a warranty replacement
I hope you get something that comes dead on arrival so you have to buy it again because you're too much of an autist to have it replaced.

Attached: 1501083095113.png (694x982, 427K)

Different user, I did RMA an Imperator once. The left click failed after about a week. They sent me back a refurbed, and the left click failed after about a week, again. Fuck that, not doing that again, so I opened it up and, oh, this flimsy little piece of plastic with no support whatsoever to keep it from bending is what triggers the actual button click, neat.

Also, by comparison the Deathadder was far more reliable and sturdy inside, but was prone to the doubleclick "bug".

I don't, I love my toasts

Attached: 1530185999864m.jpg (1024x586, 52K)

The fuck? Srs?

>gdprhallofshame.com/6-razer-breaks-mice-for-users-that-dont-accept-a-privacy-policy/

Of course I'm serious. I bought it after I upgrade my glasses to razer too.

Attached: designed-by-razer-626x313.jpg (626x313, 28K)

Attached: 1459323842067.jpg (3200x2496, 421K)

same reason Jow Forums hates apple.
no money to afford their products

Absolute trash
Relableled china shit with extra cringy plastic decoration, for nvidia loving monster energy drinking 12yo gaymers
Sadly the pc market is the one market where kids managed to influence it for their rgb rgb gtx gayming do not disturb iam gayming needs

Attached: sss.jpg (298x610, 54K)

Attached: 1528608887450.png (1424x963, 582K)

I have a razor mouse its pretty good i like it

I actually use that keyboard. It's been going strong for about a year and a half now but I'm getting ready to switch to a proper mechanical keyboard. I like it, but the key presses do feel a little mushy when pressed all the way. Unfortunately I paid full price for it, when a reasonable price would, IMO, be around $50, but I like it. For me it's comfortable to use and the included wrist-rest is really nice and has a nice padded feel to it.

Attached: 8889282002974.jpg (1500x1000, 94K)

Kek

>buying an inferior product solely because you have the money to do so
Go back to Jow Forums or wherever the fuck you came from.

You can get a decent chink mechanical for $30

proof?
link?

That's exactly my fetish user, please continue

I like the Naga, but honestly. outside of the Razer Phone being the only decent Android phone with a 144hz display, they make nothing I want.

I remember Linus did a video on cheap mechanical keyboards a while ago. Here's the link to it: youtube.com/watch?v=3xXwQQZGE1U
I don't think I'd get one these though, because I'd like something with more creature comforts, so to speak.

>razer
>overpriced
>shit quality on most of their stuff, what was acceptable or good has been replaced by RGB models with shittier quality than their already shit stuff
>the stupid gamer brand that looks retarded

that being said, I own a couple of their mousepads, they are God tier and still in perfect condition, used for 8 years one of their older model mice. New ones are terrible in every aspect. Still also own some in ear headphones, one of the first models.

Of course. The clicker just imitated the sound and kinda the feel but had nothing to do with the actuation distance.

i bought an 80 dollar mouse and it broke within a year.

Is there anything better than the wireless razer mamba hyperflux? Im interested in a wireless mouse paired with a charging moise pad

Attached: 31XyD q imL._AC_SY400_.jpg (342x214, 7K)

>What to do with all this money?
>Oh i know! Better spend it on some shitty product with chink tier reliability

To be fair their laptops looks fairly decent. But seeing how quickly their other products break and how shit quality they are for their price I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Logitech G903/703 + Powerplay

Attached: logitech-powerplay-100725606-large.jpg (700x700, 84K)

terrible meme keyboards,but i still use a razer mouse cause it was cheap and a decent 1:1 sensor

this