It doesn't even come with amdgpu drivers working out of the box. What absolute fucking garbage...

It doesn't even come with amdgpu drivers working out of the box. What absolute fucking garbage. It seems to be total shit just like Debian.

Attached: Screenshot_20180628_163537.png (800x600, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo#Installation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>intel
>expecting AMD drivers
lol

sudo apt install amdgpu
wow that was hard
That's an Intel processor, he's talking about graphics drivers dumdum

Devuan is a meme

Nope

Attached: Screenshot_20180628_165059.png (800x600, 145K)

Is it that hard to use a search engine instead of making bait threads on Jow Forums for tech support?

I've already tried dumbshit nothing comes up. I can't even find this meme distros non-free repo. Stop making excuses for these dumbasses. If they want people to stop using systemd they need to stop being autistic faggots. This shit is the reason why more distros switch to systemd every year.

It should use the same repositories as Debian right?

LOL they don't package critical drivers in their official repositories? What is this shitty distro. What the fuck is devuan lmao

So, now you are asking for trouble by installing proprietary GPU drivers?

They include proprietary blobs so they can't be in the free repo, Idk why that's so difficult to grasp.

I'll give it a try

They aren't proprietary. Amdgpu is opensource. They work out of the box on Fedora and other non-autistic free software distros.

Which is fine if they're easy to find and install like RPM Fusion or the media one for Opensuse but it isn't.

The driver itself is open source but it includes non-free blobs.
It's not difficult to install, all you have to do is add the repo to the repo list.

Here.
xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

I know how to install software thanks. I installed the non-free firmware blob from debian repos hasn't done shit. It should work out of the box. These "developers" should be ashamed of themselves. No one is going to use a distro with no working video drivers. No wonder they're so far behind the regular debian release. This is a pathetic joke of a distro.

Already installed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180628_172638.png (624x480, 22K)

>fell for the devuan meme

Have you done everything in this guide?
wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo#Installation

Yep doesn't do a thing.

Did you reboot afterwards? And what exactly isn't working?

No video drivers. It's still vesa. Of course I've rebooted 3 times. Absolutely nothing has changed. This is seriously just sad. If I want nvidia drivers on Fedora it would take 5 minutes of work. I can't even get open source video drivers to work on this crap.

>why isn't a kernel driver available in the repositories?
Jow Forums - 2018

Don't know how else to help you man, good luck.

>It seems to be total shit just like Debian.
its infinitely more likely you are just retarded, user

works fine on my machine

>its infinitely more likely you are just retarded, user
No you like and enjoy using debian. There is zero chance you have an iq above room temperature.
thanks
Why don't you read the rest of the thread dumbass. I've already installed the non-free firmware. It doesn't do anything.

>There is zero chance you have an iq above room temperature.
and yet, somehow it took me no more than a minute to use apt-cache to find out what needs to be done
and yet, i managed to make it work and you didnt
and yet, you make claims about my IQ

LOL

Lots of retards in this thread

Duvean is super unmaintained.

amdgpu is an open source kernel driver. You're probably refering to the proprietary amdgpu-pro userspace driver. Also, if the kernel at least is slightly modern and you also use a slightly modern mesa version you probably don't even need the proprietary driver.

but ill be nice and try to help

what does 'dpkg -l | grep firmware-' show? what version is xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu? is your GPU supported by that kernel version?

amdgpu is still included in the nonfree repository because it uses proprietary blobs.

Stop falling for shitty Jow Forums memes and install Xubuntu or Windows.

Do you debiantards not know how to read? I know the driver is opensource. I've mentioned this like half a dozen times in this thread. The binary blob you need to load the card isn't. I love how condescending you jerk offs are.
No fuck this. I don't have time to be messing with this shit.
I already installed everything that I should need to work from the Debian wiki.

amdgpu still is a kernel driver. What part didn't you get? You're probably talking about a userspace driver and the only AMD specific once I can come up with are the proprietary amdgpu-pro driver and the xf86-video-amdgpu DDX driver which provides 2D acceleration.

There isn't going to be a package for the amdgpu driver because it's already in the kernel.

You're probably referring to the amdgpu-pro driver since it's the only one next to the deprecated fglrx driver with proprietary blobs.

Have you already checked if the gpu you're using is supported by the amdgpu version in your kernel?

But you still have to install the firmware don't you?

The firmware needs to be on the filesystem or compiled in the initrd or compiled into the kernel to even work. Refer to the Gentoo wiki for proof. On a binary based distro it should be built into the kernel already.

lol

Use apt? hahaha, dumbass

I'm not compiling a custom kernel just to use my graphics card to. I need virtualbox to get work done. The wiki claims that it should be supported by the kernel and firmware I downloaded. Opensource drivers not working out of the box is inexcusable. I wanted to use this because I don't want to maintain kde on MX Linux and I wanted full disk encryption but this whole thing is absolutely stupid. No one should bother with this shit.

>No fuck this. I don't have time to be messing with this shit.
funny, it would lead to the solution

troll thread, saged

Can you at least tell us what gpu you're trying to get working?

you dont need to compile your own kernel, just install kernel from the testing or unstable branch

just like in debian, you should be using stable on servers, testing on desktops

It very clear isn't in the kernel because I would have a working desktop. It works without any trouble in every other single distro. The only thing it doesn't work with is Trueos. Even that detects the graphics card out of the box. The driver just isn't available yet.

Well if it's not in the kernel you're kernel and thus amdgpu version is too old. You're not going to get anywhere trying to fix userspace when you're kernel driver is outdated.

Just install a newer kernel.

No it wouldn't because it comes out blank. I've already looked. I'm sick of the condescending nonsense from you Debian fanboys. It's a piece of shit. I'm not a troll because I'm not praising this trash. I shouldn't even have to do anything. It just works in every other distro.
I'm not trying to get this working anymore. I'll just install MX or PClinuxos. Its not worth the effort.

>he thinks I'm a Debian fanboy
Lol. I'm a Jow Forumsentooman and Arch user. If you knew how to use Linux you would have known how to fix it. You can apply all non distro specific knowledge to any distro.

>doesnt know shit about how to operate a distro but calls it retarded and everyone who knows calls retarded as well
summer Jow Forums of 201

have you yet installed a newer kernel, which would support your GPU? literally everything in debian is automatized, you must be really special to be incapable to solve this

also, dont install stable if you dont want stable

>have you yet installed a newer kernel, which would support your GPU?
Have yet to learn how to read? I installed MXlinux which works out of the box. Talk about summer of Jow Forums. All you fucktards keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again. I'm not new to Linux . I don't need anyone to explain this basic crap. I have no problem switching repos or installing software. Which I've done several times in this very thread with screenshots. You guys are just ridiculous sometimes.
I've installed arch before. The video drivers were straight forward to install. Debian is just shit.