How long should it take to get to 80k/yr as a software developer? Working remote

How long should it take to get to 80k/yr as a software developer? Working remote.

Attached: boomermeetup.png (1500x761, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kalzumeus.com/2012/01/23/salary-negotiation/)
hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/caf/food-caf-aliments-eng.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on what kind of developer, where you live and how good you are.

Got it in 8 months.

>kind of developer
C++ systems
>where you live
Oregon
>how good you are
not the worst

>where you live
Said remote to normalise that factor

Not related but I highly advise people stay away from energy drinks. These things only work for like an hour (mostly from assload of sugar in them) and make your liver violently detonate.

Is there a good number of jobs for not-web related devs as remote positions? Thought it was just limited to that market

I drink three black coffees, is that fine?

Also what remote jobs site are goods? It seems that the most famous, like upwork, are also those with the worst reputation

When I looked earlier it was full of blockchain stuff and various start ups.

>How long will it take to get 80k a year
I think it'll take a year.

Attached: 1528862129482.png (477x362, 415K)

Coffee isn't a problem unless you drink more than 400mg of caffeine a day. The problem with energy drinks are all the chemical sugar, and fat soluble vitamins that slowly poison you as you consume them over time. Then out of fucking nowhere your liver goes alalulu hack bar and you die.

Then it totally depends on how good you are at developing and how good you are at landing jobs.

I'd say it is reasonable to achieve in 2-3 years.

Know a guy who started at 75k as a web dev in OK, after 2 years moved to a bank for 95k, also as a web dev. Graduated with a GPA of like 2.9.

Not op but let's say I have two/three month to work on becoming an "expert" on a skill and I have already some months of experience in programming ad a related degree.

To get a good remote job in which field/technology would you specialize right now?

80k a year is nothing after bills and expenses. That's not even counting living responsibly because muh retirement.
Glad I went into medicine.

>80k a year is nothing after bills and expenses.
Taxes, bills and expenses*.

I know how to handle my expenses, and I'll probably be close to retiring with multiple kids by the time you can start your career (30)

working (reasonably paid) remote is for people that have proven themselves, it is a privilege
you have to work on site first

Damn I could easily get there.

Attached: 1429466067953.png (478x470, 219K)

Good point.

explain this fucking meme and where the fuck it came from

Attached: 1514845787794.jpg (544x572, 30K)

everyone becomes a boomer in spirit when they grow up

It depends on where you live. But 80k is very high in most of the US and if you're single there's no reason why you should be struggling on that much money. I make $75000 a year and have about 36-38k of free money every year after fixed expenses like internet / grocery etc. Use ynab or gnucash or sometime mate.

it's just /v/ leaking again

This is all true, but people who live in California/New York usually have no conception of what life is like outside there.

Hell, if I was single and making 80k I'd probably be saving 50-60k a year.

get a clue friend

It's literally a /v/ meme, dummy

I thought it originated on Jow Forums or Jow Forums

I dunno where it came from, but the fact is it's on every thread on /v/ now, just check the archives. It's just another söyboy like, and the fact it's being spread here just show how many /v/tards browse this board.

it's a Jow Forums meme that spread to /o/ and Jow Forums and is reaching its prime before it gets bandwagoned to oblivion by /v/,/tv/ and /b/, just like s.o.y

>Yup C was a mighty fine programming language

Can't feed em? Don't breed em simple as that

What does that have to do with my post

Everything.

>not becoming a puerto rican citizen to negate federal income tax
>not proceeding to primarily on the yucatan peninsula to live like a king for very cheap

I started at 40k, in almost two years I've more than doubled it at 82k.

You just have to be willing to put the work in.

>You just have to be willing to put the work in.
T. 59 year old boomer

I did
$52k (6 months)
$85k (8 months)
$140k (now)

I'm also remote. It seems like a big jump but I was dramatically underpaid at the first job since I thought 3% equity was worth it.

How did you do it? Switching jobs or constantly asking for raises or what?

Switched jobs. Don't forget that if you're moderately skilled this is your market. I also studied up on how to negotiate (kalzumeus.com/2012/01/23/salary-negotiation/)

I used several offers got to leverage for a higher salary (started at 130k) + they were desperate for someone with my domain knowledge

>he wants a 70k job by working for someone else while I make 80k being a neet
Why are you guys so bad at life.

>400 mg
[citation needed]

>"For the general population of healthy adults, Health Canada advises a daily intake of no more than 400mg."

hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/caf/food-caf-aliments-eng.php

Caffeine is a stimulant and must be respected as such. Too much and it too can cause your heart to violently detonate like amphetamines.

Fuck off faggot.