What does G think about the g7

I'm about to start my comp sci course and I need some advice g. I need a decent laptop which can play up to date games as well as handle modern machine learning programming for around 1000 euros. Is the g7 superior to the g3, g5? Is the 8th gen cpu worth it or will it just end up overheating and throttling the performance?

Help me g

Attached: g7.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g7-15-gaming/spd/g-series-15-7588-laptop/dncwfsb807s,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nigger

Don't be that guy in comp sci with the gaming laptop it's so impractical get a ultra book your gonna have to lug it around in your bag and battery life is important

Any recommendations?

X1 carbons and xps are always go toos but honestly I got a 900$ Lenovo that has 8gb of ram and a 8th gen I5 with nvme.
Sorry for nothing specific been out of the laptop market since I bought mine last September for college

I appreciate it, will definitely give those a look. Did you get it for a comp sci degree?

Software engineering

you're massively sacrificing on build quality for those specs at that price

The degree I've accepted includes a masters in AI. Will an 8th gen i5 and 8 gb of ram be enough or will machine learning be too demanding for those specs?

nigga just ssh in to the machines that the department has for anything that requires lots of processing

Good point senpai

I know it's an hour old but think you can explain, I was planning on buying one soon as well.

I own a 7577, basically the same thing as the G5 but 6 months older and before they rebranded it to G(X) and it was considered the inspiron gaming line. Other than some luck of the draw image persistence I fucking love the damn thing and have used it heavily basically daily. Would recommend. Any specific questions?

Btw I'm not the guy you were replying to, and I have zero issues or conplaints regarding build quality. Except mine looks gay now because I made some dents dropping heavy knives on it like a retard. I need a new hobby.

>poorfag
>eurocuck
>gaymer
Consider suicide~°•

All I want to know is if this is a good laptop dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g7-15-gaming/spd/g-series-15-7588-laptop/dncwfsb807s, I'm mostly going to use it for games since I'm not home as much anymore and can't really bring along the desktop I built. My friend was pitching it mostly for the pricing.

My 7577 runs high end games on ultra like a charm. Just for clarification mine had the 1060 max-Q. Solid choice if you are looking for gaming. You could invest in better equipment, but why would you? Ran a toaster before this, insane upgrade for me. Never Any question about what I can play ot how I have to lower settings now. I just pick a game I like, drop that bad boy to ultra settings, and get goin.

Again the only thing I don't like is the image persistence but this isnt a pressing concern that affects all the machines, just bad luck on a panel cut. Probs gonna call and have them replace it soon.

Alright sounds good to me, I don't care much about putting games on ultra as long as it looks good and runs smoothly I'm all good. Thanks for the info.

Sure user, no problem. It will definitely do that for you. And it doesn't look overly massice and autistic like most "gaming" laptops. I've taken it with me to my college classes no problem and people didnt look at me funny.

Any other questions? Good luck on your purchase!

Want to game?
Get a desktop.
Want a laptop?
get something thin and light.

Anything else and you're making a huge mistake you will regret when you're going to class in the morning and your bag is 3kg heavier than it needs to be.

>I need a decent laptop which can play up to date games
No you don't

>being this much of a pussy
Strengthlet. Kek.

More like I need to minimize the limited space and weight I have in my bag for other things like gym gear, jacket, umbrella, textbooks etc.

I had this laptop for a week I returned it. The blue backlit keyboard is very bad on my eyes it hurts when looking at it at night.

>Power is good
>decent build
>battery life sucks like 4 hours
>speakers suck
>the power brick is huge 180w

Get the xps 15 user with the 94wh battery.
Or if you're sensible like me you'd get an i7 T530/W530 with the 9cell and upgrade to the LVDS FHD panel and have a gaming desktop for everything else.

Attached: 1528557244899.gif (317x266, 198K)

also you're gonna be lugging that laptop around. you want to buy a laptop that you wont care if it gets scratches and can withstand drops. Just get a used business laptop with a removable battery.

dell fanboys will defend this

Attached: image.jpg (272x339, 102K)

Do modern gaming laptops still overheat? I can't remember the exact model but my nephew has an MSI gaming laptop and the first thing to fail was the fan.

Do you really need a laptop in CS? Currently studying it and doing well with my PC at home, and pen and paper in uni.