/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (1554x868, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
youtu.be/fHi1wWy0DaE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Asia
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615/
github.com/Whyred-Dev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for motorized madness

Looks nice on paper, is Opportunity a legit company or just the chink brand of the moment?

Attached: 1502945334744.jpg (639x616, 58K)

Experiences with Magisk?

Attached: 130619884427.png (647x535, 26K)

I prefer an LCD screen, some bezel, and no curved edges to be honest.

Attached: 1528150509635.jpg (1000x567, 55K)

>Have the Moto Z2
>Don't know if i should stick with it and buy Moto mods or just get another phone
I've thought about getting an [spoiler]iPhone[/spoiler] for my side job, but I'm not sure.

That looks like it would be annoying to hold, and doesn't it cost like $1000? Why bother?

I have ultimate disgust for manufacturers putting a notch on their phones.
and this is this really necessary? a slightly very slightly higher screen to body ratio makes a difference? fuck no.
think about stuff they could have actually worked on and improved instead wasting that R&D on this meme feature. I don't know what sucks about this phone but chances are they could have fixed it instead of this feature

do you know why people hate the curved glass? because manufacturers fuck it up. they have half an idea how to fully integrate a curved screen causing shitty impressions. leave this to Samsung. theyve done it beautifully. every year the edge™ becomes more and more useful.

Chink brand focus on selfie front camera

how do you update your rooted redmi note 5 global?

looking at the z3 play but $449 for SD636 sounds fucking stupid, even with the extra mod memes they throw in.

Is the OnePlus 6 worth it?

Is it a good phone? I am thinking of getting one

I am looking at the moto z3 as well do you think it's worth getting over the z2 if all I'm looking for is battery life and web browsing?

It's a fine phone, near Stock android, plus Moto has some good QOL features, but without a style mod or something on the back, it's a strange feel.

awesome, hide root is the best.
yep.
don't buy that shit, no jack and 3000mah. some of the best sd636 phones are rn5, nokia x6, lenovo z5, zenfone max pro m1 with rn5 being the best value.
>battery life + web browsing
rn5 global

I own rn5 g and have been very satisfied with it especially the battery 4kmah + quick charge. I would recommend this to anyone who looks for battery life on a budget.

>don't buy that shit
wasn't gonna, don't understand how motorola can sell an overpriced phone then sell overpriced mods that add functionality other alternatives already have, I just find the idea of a modular phone interesting

Can you tell me more about the rn5 and where the best place to get one?

Fuck off!
This isn't Jow Forums!

Wanna get a pixel 2 xl from swappa so I can get a Google unlocked one vs a Verizon unlocked one. Any reason I shouldn't?

>tfw bricked phone which has no blankflash file

Attached: 1505931163501.jpg (1000x1200, 433K)

>he still doesn't own the Nokia 7 plus

Attached: 1529136248323.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>mfw I have a cracked screen on my j3

Attached: 1530171856520.jpg (249x140, 5K)

sd636+4000mah+quick charge=you get awesome battery life on the most efficient midrange chip.
5.99 inch on 18:9 looks awesome when scrolling through internet.
tons of developer support due to massive user.
miui is awesome especially with the upcoming miui 10 which will enabled 1080p60fps, miui updates are impressive, warranty not void even after root, you still get updates even after root, even if you don't like miui, there's ton of custom rom, like official lineage os.
have headphone jack.
no notch. full screen gesture which will replace the navigation bar if you enabled it.
feel good on hand.
project trebel so don't worry about being outdated.
if you're playing Pubg Mobile, this device support 60fps with the help of gfx tools on playstore, won't overheat whatsoever.
Camera is awesome, you can even install gcam to super improve the quality.
feels good on hand because aluminium back and full glass front.
infrared blaster to control anonymously control the air-con lmao.
speaker is nice and loud.

I'm sure there's more good things about this device, all this for about less than 250usd

of course there's some negative thing like no nfc, no amoled, no type-c but really at this price why complain, this is why rn5 global is one of the device that /spg/ keeps recommend months ago.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

Attached: DPHkPkFVQAAdpKG.jpg (260x193, 11K)

Xiaomi A1 or Redmi note 5?

thanks i am thinking on getting a rn5 or the moto z2

is the 4 gig one worth the extra 40 bux?

Posting the OnePlus 6T concept video again since it's seems to have a lack of exposure.
youtu.be/fHi1wWy0DaE

absolutely go for the 4gb 64gb, 40bucks for extra 1 gb ram and 32gb is a steal. for future proofing too.

thanks i think i will try it i just hope it wont bite me in the ass like the axon 7 i got on /spg/s recommendation

and one last question i remember hearing about aliexpress but were they reputable?

stop shilling me your chinkphones they don't work in McFreedomland™ [Sponsored by Israel]

Attached: 1515112466538.jpg (344x344, 12K)

Some certainly do.

Attached: 30.jpg (750x727, 93K)

>no B13
Put it in the trash

Alright has there been a SINGLE fucking good phone released in the past year?

>sd card slot
>headphone jack
>rootable with custom ROM support
>didn't fall for the no bezel meme
>ideally not chinkshit

I really don't want to have to get samshit but it looks like I have literally no choice

Yeah you're going to have to use AT&T or T-Mobile based networks for a chink phone. That being said, I don't see how you can have the money for Verizon and not a nice phone.

The XZ1 perhaps

Looks nice, but aren't Xperias a bitch to root? My Z3 barely had any support

does the rn5 work in mooseland?(canada)

Oppo looks cool, it looks like the picture from the back is it sliding up though? Am I just being a brainlet? Is it a slidey phone?

The global version should work since it support both band 4 and 7

very nice. am i gonna regret this chink phone?

No luck in last thread, so I will ask again, anyone knows if xiaomi redmi note 5 global works with japanese providers (on okinawa)?

yes.
>

Are the Google Pixel shit?

You are not a real Japanese girl larper

They are all shit in some aspects. Pixel 1 put speaker in a stupid position and Pixel 2 has screen flickering

Considering getting the Z2 Play pretty soon. Is the 4gb ram model that much of an improvement over the 3gb model? Sorry for being a retard.

Go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Asia
and compare with kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

If you can prove you're a cute japanese girl then i'll spoonfeed you more

Does anybody know where I can pre-order the Xiaomi Mi 6X Miku edition? I'm a fag and can't find anywhere to do it.

Femanon here.

Xperia phones cannot be rooted without losing DRM keys. Avoid

Attached: selfie3.jpg (768x1024, 117K)

what does that mean on a phone?

Tog

I'm probably going to buy a BlackBerry DTEK 50 tomorrow. Bad idea?

Mi note 6 or 8 when? I just want a better note 5 with usb c.

>No headphone jact

Well, Shit
Thanks

Hello my dear applefags, can I ask you a few questions?

I'm thinking about getting me the SE, because small and also I hate how you always have to fight with google or waste a shitload of time on pajeet-roms to have a somewhat useable experience on android, so I figured I'd "upgrade" to an iphone SE.

I guess I'm aware about most of the pros and cons (it just werks/blue bubbles for the girls//won't need the blue because I'll become gay), but I'm missing the following infos:

>can I use it without itunes (activate it (what the hell is this even?) and update it)? Because itunes is shit and doesn't run on linux anyways.

>is there an alternative to tinfoil for facebook? Essentially, it's a sandboxed full browser that you only use for facebook without compromising your privacy, that also tricks facebooks website into letting you access messages.

Attached: im-lost.jpg (960x740, 172K)

>"New RAMpage attack affects all Android phones released since 2012."
>"RAMpage breaks the most fundamental isolation between user applications and the operating system. While apps are typically not permitted to read data from other apps, a malicious program can craft a RAMpage exploit to get administrative control and get hold of secrets stored in the device."

But I do

link please.
But fucking android is the windows XP of our time anyways.

Attached: IWouldPreferNotTo.jpg (415x476, 40K)

God I wish I could use this phone on Verizon.
Might have to switch to straight talk!

Fuck i want it even though it's not really an upgrade over my mi5s.

im thinkin about purchasing flip case for my new smartphone. i plan on using silicon cover when carrying it in pockets etc and flip case on vacation in a backback.can those magnets in flip cases damage phone?

>leave this to Samsung. theyve done it beautifully. every year the edge™ becomes more and more useful.
Hopefully you're not serious with this. Edge glare is still there, the edges are still easy or first to break as well.

NFC is most likely not coming as it isn't used in China and the lack of a USB type C is a good thing.
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615/
Until AMOLED evolves to microLED on smartphones, it will have its drawbacks and to add insult to injury - curved edge gimmicks.

Will even work with straighttalk?

Everyone's always recommended redmi but with what carrier? All of you guys are on at&t?

Redmi Note 5.

I would accept literally any other botnet instead of a Chinese one

>a better note 5 with usb c
Also, no micro SD card slot on top of the lack of a 3.5mm jack.

>I would accept literally any other botnet instead of a Chinese one
There's no reason to accept any botnet, as devices with unlockable bootloaders and good custom ROM support exist. Which is what the Redmi Note 5 does support as well.

Hi frens I wanna ask about those wireless charging kits
Can you still use usb port after you install it?

Attached: m1-whi-wit-wir-white.png (500x500, 161K)

Given the same price, Galaxy S9+ or Pixel 2 XL? Current phone is the iPhone 5S if it helps and I'm getting bored of the Apple ecosystem, I want to try something new.

>a better note 5 with usb c
Anything wrong with that? I'm just too used to C by now.

>I'm getting bored of the Apple ecosystem
>bored
So it works, does what you want from it, but it's just boring?
Fuck off, stupid manchild.
You phone is a tool. It should be boring.

Oppo Find X launched in China
Standard version price 4999 CNY (~800USD)
Super VOOC version price 5999 CNY (~950USD)
Lamborghini version price 9999 CNY (~1500USD)

The Super VOOC version will have 256GB ROM as opposed to 128 for standard and 512 for Lamborghini

>Lamborghini version price 9999 CNY (~1500USD)
>Lamborghini version
>1500 USD
Whut? Are the Jow Forums memes real?

Attached: lambo.jpg (1200x798, 181K)

ofc not, just going there for some time

>gilr
>Jow Forums
sure
thanks for links, it seems bands 1,3,8 work, so I hope they will have coverage on okinawa too

okay, what about lenovo z5, seems like it has similar hw, little more bands and just 30€ more, shittier battery though

What? Lamborghini edition was also launched in the global launch event with a price tag of 1699EUR

Which android phone that would support LTE band 31?

Hey there, just bought a Xiaomi Mi A1 and once someone told me to install a better camera apk to take better photos, anyone knows anything about that? Didnt remember te app, it will be google camera?

Xperia phones lose all functionality when rooted. Also, shit camera.

The answer to is the Galaxy S8 or S9.

Read the two articles I've linked.

but why?

Gcam, find the right version for your model on XDA.

>Galaxy S8 or S9
How? Both have curved edge gimmick displays and the S8 has little to no custom ROM support.

nice thanks user

Why not? Huawei did the same thing with Porsche too, when you can sell those phone at a price so much higher with this relatively little increase in cost then why not do it? Meanwhile Xiaomi can only stick with Hatsune Miku

Can I ask for tablets here? Because I am being asked to help purchasing a shitty tablet for a shitty brat. From looking at the local stores online (very different from the good stores in USA or even Western Europe) Samsung T580 seems like something a popular choice here and it seems descent enough hardware/price. Anything else on the same price-range?

Ugly piece of shit.

Official Lineage release for the Redmi Note 5 soon.
github.com/Whyred-Dev

My galaxy s7 been a real bro in the past years but I fear it might shit the bed soon.

Completely out of date on the phone world, what I see around now is disgusting because of notches, rounded displays, absolutely cancer features like face recognition and so on.

Is there anything worth looking at? Otherwise I might just join the flip phone boat...

Attached: 1528876724889.jpg (406x397, 11K)

>I am being asked to help purchasing a shitty tablet for a shitty brat.
Well, if it's supposed to be shitty, then yes, android is a good idea.
But otherwise, get an ipad.

Why the fuck when you can just pirate everything on Android and really, it is more functional to begin with?

How much is a T580 in your local market?
Xiaomi Tablet 4?
Huawei Mediapad M3 Lite?
Lenovo Tab 4 8?
NEC TE508?
Second hand ipad?
Random atom windows tablet?
What do you want?

>256GB ROM
wat

Attached: pepe feels blues.jpg (402x402, 27K)