pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget for your build
>List your uses- e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work

Overclocking
>DON'T BUY AN 8000K CPU OR Z300 BOARD IF YOU AREN'T OVERCLOCKING
>Delid 8000K
>Use Precision Boost Overdrive & BCLK increase for Ryzen 2000X
>Use a real stress test & trustworthy temp software- e.g. IntelBurnTest & Core Temp (DO NOT USE SPECCY)

CPUs
>2200G- Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>2400G- Consider if close to 2200G price
>2600/X- Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>2700/X- Best mixed usage
>8700K- Best for gaming, but most expensive platform & delid necessary
>Threadripper/used Xeon- VM work/streaming/video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen are unlocked)
>Only Z300 Intel boards can utilize memory over 2666MHz

RAM
>8GB- Enough for most gaming use
>16GB- Standard for heavy use
>32GB- Too much for most users
>2933MHz is ideal; 3200 CL14 is B-die

Storage
>StoreMI can make HDDs better
>Consider getting a larger SSD instead of SSD+HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 might be SATA or PCIe
>PCIe/NVMe for intensive use only

Video cards
>SLI & CrossFire are unadvisable
1080p
>1050 Ti (lower settings), 1060 3/6GB, or 570/580
>1070 or Vega 56 for higher fps
1440p
>1070/Ti or Vega 56/64
>1080 Ti for higher fps
2160p
>1080 Ti

Power supplies
>Fully modular is very convenient

Monitors
>Explain purpose- e.g. photo editing, gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>G-SYNC only with high budget/GTX card
>Consider FreeSync with RX cards/APUs

Previous

Attached: AMD river.jpg (225x317, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GDjmLJ
pcpartpicker.com/product/jkFXsY/asus-radeon-rx-580-8gb-dual-video-card-dual-rx580-o8g
pcpartpicker.com/list/sDLMFt
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475006
sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/299932-how-install-new-nvidia-drivers-offline.html
nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/135676/en-us
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/recording-with-relive-not-working-adrenalin-18-4-1.243882/
youtu.be/ntIgjijtSh0
pcpartpicker.com/product/Ft7CmG/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-mini-video-card-zt-p10600a-10l
pcpartpicker.com/list/QWgV4q
pcpartpicker.com/list/PTGyFt
youtube.com/watch?v=F8bFWk61KWA
pcpartpicker.com/product/tJyxFT/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-sc-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-6163-kr
blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/
pcpartpicker.com/list/xdYNzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/rcnV4q
pcpartpicker.com/user/CwalkPinoy/saved/WytXHx
pcpartpicker.com/list/287K7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/pxXK7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/pWVjGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/M7kxfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/MXgV4q
youtube.com/watch?v=LuLdyvCYGkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for shilling

Attached: bdd3e7aa5dfe5c420ed2ce8e88f13e7bd763d110_hq.jpg (1024x883, 162K)

yeah if you got it from a vendor definitely get it replaced from amazon/newegg/whatever.

i know people who have had msi cards in australia that had to ship them off to america because it was way out of the return policy of the vendor but not msi themselves.

same with asus. their board just spontaneously combusts and you can't return it to amazon after like 6 months of use.

i've done repair in person and online and i can say for certain this is an asus problem, whether disproportionate or not, it still affects a significant number of products i've seen.

obviously the company won't be perfect, but asus's RMA policy is why i can't recommend it because it becomes a hassle to replace the part, unlike other vendors that will replace it for free, while asus charges $100 restock fee.

this also goes into why i don't ever recommend corsair, because while their rma policy is good, i see a huge selection of their parts fail quickly. while it's mostly just asus motherboards, corsair's failures stretch from ram to peripherals to clcs and power supplies, even their top of the line.

while corsair's psu failure rate isn't high enough to care at the top of the line, a clc or psu failure can wipe out your entire system. so that needs a lot more care put into it than corsair provides.

ok so is my build good to go? gonna order this mugen 5 tomorrow if i can :3

i checked benches and all that cause my computer will be under heavy load (after effects, transcoding) so i want to be able to do whatever the turbo preset is and keep my cpu relatively quiet and cool. like under 70 under heavy load.

pcpartpicker.com/list/GDjmLJ

seems like it'll beat out the noctua d12us, but not the fuma. but the fuma has a shitey mounting system it seems, and the mugen 5 has better fan bearings and antivibration pads, thus saving money on an extra fan in the long run that would be better spent on a better cooler.

For some reason there are two threads but I'll just copy and paste what I already wrote.
Sorry if this is autistic but is the Radeon RX580 a good video card?
pcpartpicker.com/product/jkFXsY/asus-radeon-rx-580-8gb-dual-video-card-dual-rx580-o8g
If you're wondering why I am asking, it's because it's cheap and looks somewhat decent

5th for avoid AMD GPU at all cost

Attached: 1460190436396.png (500x600, 107K)

the 580 is good. 1060 6gb also good. get whatever's cheapest desu.

where in their rma policy does it say you'll be charged a 100 dollar restocking fee?

go to their site and try to return an asus product. there's your source :3

>looks

it's going to be in your case and unseen 99% of the time so just get whichever is cheaper. also $290 for a 580 is not cheap. the msrp of the 580 is $230 and the msrp of the 1060 6gb is $250. get which ever is closest to msrp. i actually have a few friends who have the zotac mini 1060 6gb and they really like it and i would recommend it based on their recommendation of it. it's generally cheap in some places.

it's not just asus. galax has the same policy.
a few companies do, as well. but i can't remember off the top of my head.

I went to their site and read their policy which doesn't mention a restocking fee. Why would anyone bother using it?

Took your advice and here it is
pcpartpicker.com/list/sDLMFt

I know this is going to turn into a shit fest, so just stop with the name calling and bitching for the love of god. Anyways I have this monitor here

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475006

Will there be a problem with tearing or any lag? Mainly because the I have a free-sync monitor and don't want to get fucked over. Please try to just focus on the question and not trying to justify why whichever gpu company is better

>and as for the driver update offline issue you're the only person i've ever heard of
I love how your anecdotes overrule everything else, as if you've heard of everything.

A quick google search found someone with the same problem:
sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/299932-how-install-new-nvidia-drivers-offline.html
Or similar. That person was actually offline. I think the combination of that service issue and having geforce experience installed causes my issue.

It at least looks like there is a workaround. Deleting geforce experience will allow it to install, as that's what is requiring an internet connection to update something not included in the ~500mb install file.
But why isn't there an install option to only install driver after GFE is installed?
When I go to nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/135676/en-us the only driver it offers me is a bloated 500mb driver. This is yet another problem.

>hardware unboxed and techteamGB have them as identical or with shadowplay slightly more efficient.
I'm guessing those two are from 2016? It's recently that, yes, Relive was found better.
Relive drastically improved in 2017, 2018, while Shadowplay has not. In fact, over at Jow Forumsnvidia you can find a ton more issues with Shadowplay and it crashing constantly that I didn't list because it's not conclusive if it's worse than Relive crashes (they say it is, but it's just anecdotes)
Also, h.265...?

And god there's a fuckload else I didn't list, like how you also need workarounds to use Shadowplay while offline.

If AMD had similar problems or more I could think of, I'd list them. AMD is my daily driver and I don't encounter these myriad of issues that Nvidia has.
I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR ISSUES TO BE POINTED OUT so they can be added, including AMD ones.

I have a freesync monitor (one which uses that same panel as the one you have actually) with an Nvidia gpu. Don't notice any tearing at all and there won't be any lag. Only vsync or adaptive sync (gsync/freesync) causes lag. I would say get the cheapest 1060/580 you can find because even that one is still overpriced.

>company A has tens of millions more users than another company B
>"look at all these issues company A has!!1!!"

The latest driver fucked up relive for a lot of people. Just search on Google.

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/recording-with-relive-not-working-adrenalin-18-4-1.243882/

>I'm guessing those two are from 2016? It's recently that, yes, Relive was found better.

youtu.be/ntIgjijtSh0

Thanks for the reply. The only cheapest one I could find is the one mentioned earlier, the Zotac 6gb Mini.
pcpartpicker.com/product/Ft7CmG/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-mini-video-card-zt-p10600a-10l
I know it's a bit overpriced, but so is every other part for a pc (RAM prices are a pain in the ass nowadays). If you or anyone else knows of a cheaper one, I'll gladly look into it. Thanks for your advice

PCpartpicker has my build at 500w. I want to do PBO and Stilt's RAM shit, would that have any impact on how much power I need?

>Relive drastically improved in 2017, 2018, while Shadowplay has not.
source on this? ive felt my shadowplay experience has improved since 2014 when i got my first nvidia card and current features like highlights are really nice. would like to see if it has become worse

duh it isn't in the policy lol. it's one of those things you have to ask them first and it'll be on a case by case.

pcpartpicker.com/list/QWgV4q
ftfy
yeah you'll be good

don't listen to pcpp's power estimation. i'll say it again, pcpp is run by morons.

Pcpp uses TDP to estimate power consumption and isn't accurate. Your hardware could use much more power.

this is starting to mirror our asus conversation lol

>more power
less power*
ftfy

i fucked up my list lol

so again, mugen 5 should have a better fan than the fuma, so that'll save me marginally on fan, but the cooler will perform like 4 degrees worse than a fuma at 100% load. it's not like dh12us bad, but i'll trade off like .1db of noise. the noctua would perform noisewise on par with this.

again, i'm not OCing, just maybe turbo for a bit of extra perf.

pcpartpicker.com/list/PTGyFt

forgot to post link lol

The Dual is pretty hot and loud. On list of what I'd avoid along with MSI Armor non-Mk2, and Gigabyte G1/Windforce.
Unless it's on a deep sale, I wouldn't get it. If it is really cheap, you can at least undervolt it to get the temps and noise down.
But if there are other similar cost models, you should look at those instead. It's worth paying 10% more for better GPU models as a general rule.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/sDLMFt
>windforce
Yeah again, same thing I said above.

But yes if you're on a 1080p 60hz monitor and don't plan to upgrade your monitor, you should generally just buy whatever is cheapest between 1060 6GB and RX580 8GB. But I'd add the caveat that you should avoid the shitty loud annoying sounding models like that unless you just really don't care about noise.

Freesync/Gsync does not add input lag. That's just made up snake oil bullshit like the sort of made up bullshit some shills were starting to say in the last thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=F8bFWk61KWA

God damn. How the fuck can I be right all the fucking time and have retarded shills continue to say I'm wrong? Where's the source on me supposedly saying Vega is only 10% behind a 1080Ti, too?

I mean you're just asking about cooler? Seems fine, sure.

>December 8th, 2016
Are you okay, user?
Anyway, Relive got a major update on December 12th, 2017, prior to the latest Hardocp test.

Hardocp...
Shadowplay hasn't become worse. It's just roughly the same. And when I say "worse", I'm mostly refering to the FPS loss.
In 2016, Relive was reducing FPS by 3-5% while Shadowplay around 3%.
Not Relive is as low as around 0.75% loss, and rarely as high as 3%.

What's special about the Crucial MX300? How is it better than the MX500 (Other than a little more space)?

I have tasted the AMD fine wine.

It's probably great for people who can just wait. Sucks the remaining choice is nvidia or linux, the latter is too inconvenient just to get actual opengl performance.
RIP RX 580, it served well enough for the past 6 hours until it got a return label put on it.

More power. You really think a 8700k and 1700 are 95w parts?

older unit. won't matter but i'd say get a m.2 cause the wd blue is the same price.

efficiency, bruv. you should use less power on a better unit. that's rated power for housefire psus.

thx. i kept hearing to get a doctua dh15s and i was like... why tho? i'm not ocing but i AM gonna be at heavy load. i'm asking more if i can go even less than this and keep my machine relatively quiet and not hot as satan's balls.

tl;dr price/performance, not "is this cooler good."

miao~

Attached: K82RsDq.png (672x215, 26K)

Looks like you just missed the boat on deals. Lots of RX580s are out of stock again. Red Devil was $260 the other day, and now just out of stock on Amazon and Newegg both.

If you can't wait... maybe this one? pcpartpicker.com/product/tJyxFT/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-sc-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-6163-kr
Considering a dual fan EVGA with those fans is much quieter than a triple fan Gigabyte with those other dual fans, idk might be quieter. Core clock is higher stock, too. I'd try to find a comparison review of the two if you can.

But these are also quite expensive. Do you have to buy immediately? If you wait you can surely find better deals. Today seems bad for them.

>I want to do PBO and Stilt's RAM shit
PBO will use more power, yes. 750w should probably be good for you, I'd assume.

I didn't think they used TDP. Doesn't seem right given the numbers it generates. Oh shit it does, you're right.

yeah uhh those noctuas are really overpriced. I don't really recommend them.

Adaptive sync adds at least 1ms of extra process lag when at the top of the refresh range and it could get better/worse the lower/higher the framerate

blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

Ok so a 2700x on a Crosshair VII with a factory OC 1080 Ti will need what then? With all the little bits added on like SSDs and shit it comes to 500w on the site but what's the reality?

750w was what I was thinking just to be safe but didn't want to go completely overboard. Thanks.

so would you say to get a mugen for 47 or can i go even less and get the same results?

i prefer the mugen to the fuma cause even though itll get up the low 60s itll be less of a buttmunch to install and also better fan bearings.

what is this, quake 3? 1ms is jack if your monitor isn't already jank.

the reality is just get a 550w evga g3 or g2.
that way you aren't shitting your pants about power and you can get stable rails.

I would get a 620-650w personally

yeah 650w will work but it wont be like very useful for this desu.

i've run like 4 drives, a gpu oc, extra case fan, fuckin cathode tubes on a 550 xfx gold and it worked fine.

I'm thinking of building a PC for gaming/general usage after a lifetime of console gaming and underpowered laptops. I want to play modern games as close to max settings as possible (at 1080p and above 60 fps average). I'm also planning on purchasing an HTC Vive in the months to follow, so hardware powerful enough for VR is a must. My budget is $900. Which one of these builds would work best?
>pcpartpicker.com/list/xdYNzY
>pcpartpicker.com/list/rcnV4q

Attached: 1387318384558.jpg (496x600, 34K)

>>pcpartpicker.com/list/rcnV4q
up the ram to 16gb on the second build, change to a non-blower 1070, and ur jammin.

When I say "which of the builds work best", what I mean is which would have the best balance of power and price to suit my needs?

Can anyone help out? Apparently I keep posting in the least active threads.

>I want a reliable PC for a reasonable price. I'm willing to spend up to $1000, but if I can get something for less, that would work out better. I mainly need it for DAW and video editing programs, but if I can get something to run video games at a basic level (comparable to consoles), I'm happy.

>I just want to make sure the computer I buy can handle those types of programs for a few years, not really looking for the most quality money can buy.

i'm actually in the same boat ^.^ making eurobeat mixes in after effects and audacity, with some fl studio on the side probably for recording.

this is what i'm making. it should work out pretty good.

pcpartpicker.com/user/CwalkPinoy/saved/WytXHx

if you do a lot of video editing, get 32gb ram. but 16gb should work.

here's an edited list for your stuff pcpartpicker.com/list/287K7W

pcpartpicker.com/list/pxXK7W
How is that for gaming and no OC, i already have 2 1TB HD and the ram that i want is the corsair rgb pro 3000 c15 but i can't find it on partpicker, i am going to wait and see the b450 mobos but i don't know about the PSU, i had an eye on the evga 750w G3 but some people report that is too loud and i want something more silent.

Attached: 1525800504515.png (578x435, 316K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/pWVjGG
there's an even better list

pcpartpicker.com/list/M7kxfH

omg 1ms!!!!!! on top of your 140ms reaction speed, 30ms mouse input latency, the 20-30 base input latency of the monitor, and 10ms delay in rendering the frame!!!
that's a whole fucking 0.5% increase in input latency!!!

I'd recommend 25-50% over what pcpp says. 550w when it says 500 is too low, as much as people like to meme with overpowered PSUs thinking it'll get them more FPS or that some new 500w TDP Fermi THE FERVENGER is going to suddenly drop.

The one you had selected looked nice. Though I'd prefer something that has the fans on either side, not one in the middle.
Like an H7 and getting an extra fan to clip on the back is an option. I believe it comes with an extra set of fan clips for that? It comes with the mounting for them, I know that much. You could need a fan splitter as well, if you don't have enough pins on your board for the other fan. Splitter to run both fans from a single one is ideal for two fans on one CPU heatsink, anyway.

Don't pay $400 for a reference 1070... you can get a ti for slightly more.
I also think you need to look up how fps relates to monitor refresh rate. Playing your games at 100-150fps is going to be useless when your monitor can only display 60 of them.

GPUs are kind of retardedly priced right now again but uh
pcpartpicker.com/list/MXgV4q
is my general recommendation for 1080p 60fps+ gaming or lighter 1440p. It's under $1000 without the monitor, but the other day it was like $50 cheaper.
You could also drop RAM down to 2x4GB.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/pxXK7W
You could get a cheaper PSU like the one linked above and get CL14 RAM for slightly more.

if i had fans on either side i'd be in clearance hell lol. if i really need to i'll just mount the fan on the other side.

Is anyone else tired of being jewed by Nvidia and Gsync? How the fuck can anyone justify the $300+ premium for adaptive sync when freesync adds virtually nothing to the monitor price?

Meanwhile a lot of gamers settle for nothing less than 1ms monitors despite superior 5ms monitors existing such as IPS. Be a retard somewhere else.

feels good not to use adaptive sync lol
no issues if you can push your framerate natively :P

lord i forgot how fun this is.

ran out of peppermint tea though ;-;

Attached: IMG_20180629_012523.jpg (4640x3480, 2.89M)

Gsync is a premium luxury for all those who can afford it such as the 4k 144hz monitors or the 200hz 1440p ultrawides. They're in the same bracket as something like a 1080 ti. Very few people actually own this stuff and the ones who do will go for it because it has all the bells and whistles of an adaptive sync tech that you'd want. Most other people I've seen just get a Nvidia gpu and pair of with any cheap 144hz monitor because in actual practice tearing is pretty much non noticeable.

t. Owned Nvidia for last 3 years and upgraded to a 144hz non gysnc monitor in the least year.

I'm the 5th person you replied to. A couple of days ago someone mentioned a ryzen 2200g being enough for basic gaming needs, would that be an alright substitution for the one you listed in the link? Gaming is the last thing I'm worried about.

Appreciate the help though, definitely more than I expected.

Where is the faggot who said I said a Vega build would be 90% the same as a 1080ti at 1440p? I told him to link to the post where I said that, but he still hasn't.
Funny thing, I don't even remember exactly. I might have miswrote that, while I know it's wrong, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Pretty sure I said 2600X+Vega would be about 80% the performance of 8700k+1080ti at 1440p while costing less than $2000 and having a better monitor compared to the person's $3000 build.
If I actually did say 90%, I'd apologize. That was a mistake, if so. I was probably tired and shit but I'm not clearly wrong like that very often.

no? the other side is where io or vrm heatsink is and it's over top of it. H7 isn't as wide. You should clear fine with fans on either side of an H7.

I don't buy Nvidia for various reasons including that one, so no.

>being too stupid to know what a placebo is
One of the lowest input latency monitors is actually an IPS, that Mbest Freesync one. You don't even know the difference between input latency and response time lmfao. Though nor do lots of people that buy garbage.

For a TN, non-sync is fine. But if you want better quality picture that you get from an IPS, adaptive sync is really a must.

luckily the fans are mountable on either side or the middle. so i'm good there then lol

It sucks for budget gaming. The guy with a 1060 is stuck with regular vsync but if you have a rx580 and a relatively new monitor, it probably already has freesync built in.

Your mspaint representation will most certainly convince the world.

Adaptive sync doesn't affect image quality at all I don't know how the hell you came to that conclusion. All it does is stop tearing between a set range. If you're not getting in a specific game on a TN panel you won't get tearing in the same game on an IPS panel. The panel type has no effect on tearing.

One of my good friends has had a 970 and one of those old benq 144hz monitors which came out before adaptive sync was even a mainstream thing and he gets no noticeable tearing in games (I play on his pc sometimes). I also have a 1070 and VA freesync monitor and use it just as a 144hz monitor and I don't get any noticeable tearing as well. Even if I look for it specifically I still can't see any in motion because the image is moving too fast to notice it. Adaptive sync is only really useful if you have something like a budget tier 1050/550 and have a 60hz freesync branded monitor and play non demanding games like league of legends or fortnite then it will stop the tearing and stuttering at those sub 60 fps but for any GPU better than that chances are you'll be over 60 fps in most games anyway like a 1060/580 or above and tearing will be non noticeable.

Absolutely, but they can keep getting away with it through lack of marketing competition. Much the same way Intel has been able to rest on its laurels up until AMD managed to shake up the CPU market last year, Nvidia can continue to charge a premium for all its proprietary crap. I kinda hope AyyMD can bring Radeon to the party in the near future in terms of outright/out the box performance.
For the record I rate the Vega56 highly now it's reasonably priced once again, you just need to tinker with it to achieve the sort of performance a 1070ti can manage by moving a couple sliders in Afterburner. Also on the record, I rate the 1070ti highly and would recommend to anyone wanting a fuss free 1440p card. It makes the 1080 look like a marketing joke.

You could remove the GPU, drop PSU down to like 400-450w if that saves money, and replace the CPU with a 2200G/2400G sure.
Stick with that fast RAM since APUs love fast RAM and you'll want to have fast RAM still when you upgrade CPU later.

Just be aware there are games you'll be playing on lowish settings and turn resolution scale down
AC Origins is one of the newer more demanding games. youtube.com/watch?v=LuLdyvCYGkk Only runs like 20fps at 1080p, and person had to turn resolution scale down to 70% to get 30+.
But games like Overwatch will run medium settings 60fps fine with an OC.

If you can wait, the 2400G often goes on sale for like $130-$135 and is significantly better, just not worth the usual $70 more. Just set up an alert for when it goes on sale.

An RX580 is like... uh.. 3.5x more powerful or so than the 2400G, for reference. But new GPUs are expected next year that are better value still.
RX580 and 1060 6GB are overkill for most 1080p gaming and the RX580 is especially good for light 1440p. Handles about everything maxed or near maxed at 60fps+.
On a 2200G/2400G well you're going to have to play with settings, but they can technically play anything at 30+ and sometimes 60+.

And one other thing, that motherboard will probably require a BIOS update to work with the 2200G/2400G (or 2600X) for that matter.
But that board is also less ideal for an APU... you want something with 4+3 phase VRMs, ideally. B450 boards should be coming out within a month and there should be some decent 4+3 phase options.

Yeah exactly. With Freesync it's the same cost as a comparable non-sync monitor. Tons of people with Nvidia GPUs even have Freesync monitors because it had all the other specs and refresh rate they wanted, but their cards simply don't support Freesync.
You don't have to sacrifice or worry about it being a "luxury". It's just there. Just xd.

Not getting tearing *

>have 4690k
>looking at speccy
>see a section that says "hyperthreading: supported, disabled"
>mfw Intel disables it to get the goyim to buy i7s

Attached: 真剣に希望.jpg (680x680, 161K)

>speccy
get out of here you fucking kike

>free program
>kike
what pay-for alternative are you gonna try and recommend me schlomo?

Attached: 1524441633315.jpg (460x460, 29K)

Holy shit... how are you this stupid? I have to correct so much in every one of your posts.

Fuck. I don't even want to explain how stupid you are for not understanding what I meant about adaptive sync being a must for IPS. It's in the FAQ anyway.

You do understand that AMD was completely crushing Nvidia for 5 straight generations, for 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and the 200 series, right?
And during that time, you don't remember PhysX, "the way it's meant to be played", Gameworks, etc?
They had stiff competition to the point that they were vastly, vastly behind, much more behind AMD then than AMD is "behind" Nvidia now, and for 5 generations instead of 2. Yet they were doing the same exact shit and getting away with it.

It doesn't matter because fanboys still bought their shit during AMD's reign.

I have the same processor and tbf it's lasted me a long ass time and will probably last me another couple of years yet. The only game I really run into issues with is battlefield 1 but that game even makes hexacores run maxed out. They really botched the optimization with battlefield 1.

>freeware
>pro version
>ccleaner

gpu-z, cpu-z, hwinfo, crystaldiskmark, bleachbit

fixed everything for you

also those are all free.
i was saying kike because speccy is NOT totally free.

i'm not even fsf-tier autistic. just i get the entire program for free.

its served me well too, I just wish that I could have HT without forking over an extra 100+ dollars
I dont plan on upgrading the CPU any time soon especially with their current gen CPUs but what I really need is a RAM and debatebly a GPU upgrade, which of course both of those are overpriced as fuck now

>But if you want better quality picture that you get from an IPS, adaptive sync is really a must.
>better quality picture
>implying you'll have better colour accuracy or viewing angles with fucking adaptive sync
>inb4 changing the goalposts and making "picture quality" mean something totally different to what it actually means

Holy shit no one can be this fucking dense in the head. Panel type has NO effect on tearing. It doesn't increase nor decrease chances of tearing. Jesus fucking Christ.

HE THINKS TN PICTURE QUALITY IS THE SAME AS IPS LMAO.

How the fuck do you not know something so basic? How the fuck are you even attempting to argue with me when you are RETARDED.
How are you so retarded that you don't understand how retarded you are?

>Panel type has NO effect on tearing.
ahahahahaahahaa

Nigga what the fuck? Who tf said TN is better than IPS? YOU said adaptive sync is needed to have better picture quality on an IPS meanwhile everyone with already 1 brain cell knows IPS by default has better image quality and viewing angles and this isn't dictated at all by fucking freesync like you're trying to imply.

Go back to the fucking trash can you came from you inbred retard I.e. your mom's gapehole

an ips panel has better colors (usually) than a tn panel. a hella calibrated tn panel can sometimes have decent colors on par with ips.

ips also has better viewing angles.

ips also suffers from backlight bleed and ghosting.

>That autistic list only to have a hsf added.

>want a new monitor
>don't have 500+ dollars lying around, or $1200 considering I need a new card
time for some market speculation and currency manipulation

Attached: 1483845136230.png (1000x581, 717K)

>You do understand that AMD was completely crushing Nvidia for 5 straight generations, for 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and the 200 series, right?
You also have to notice I used the term "marketing competition" as opposed to hardware.
A I wouldn't say "crushing" (except in the case of the Fermi joke), but definitely going toe to toe. Personally I had a pair of 4870s because they were better value than the similarly performing GTX 280s, and upgraded to a 5970 monster because DX11 was going to be the new thing... and again, that Fermi joke.
Regretfully I ended up selling that system and building a new one with a pair of 4gb GTX680s which aged worse than the 7970s I should've gone with. I mean Kepler was great at the time which I bought them though.
But I'd say unequivocally that performance wise the Maxwell (apart from that 3.5gb joke effecting the otherwise excellent 970) and Pascal cards are mostly in a league of they're own, especially the high end stuff. I mean, I personally would go the Vega56 flash/volt/clock route, but I can understand why there's many that just want outta tha box performance.

force of habit. i'm used to the rule of
"post pcpp list before you get help"

>apart from that 3.5gb joke effecting the otherwise excellent 970
I wish it was a joke.

Attached: 1526684561683.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

>everyone who bought Nvidia was a fanboy
>what is marketing
>implying 99.9% of people care about platform loyalties
>implying 99.9% of gamers even know AMD exists when they have fuck all marketing anywhere even in 2018

shouldagota390.jpg

I had one of these and it sucked

Lol, I wasn't implying it wasn't a thing, but it was an absolute joke that it even happened. Would've been a great card otherwise.

me too ;-;

Didn't you hear? You don't get any of these benefits without freesync!

why the fuck do these dumbass manufacturers bar "sync" technology behind two fucking brands? why can't they just use a knock off of one of their proprietary techs and just make one that supports both cards

freesync isn't proprietary.
nvidia just doesn't have it so they can sell expensive gsync monitors.

This.
They sell their proprietary version because they can get away with it.

that's even worse, I shouldn't be forced to pay more cash for the same fucking thing

whoever let the computer hardware industry become monopolized by 3 different companies is a fucking moron

Attached: 1480289052458.jpg (488x410, 44K)

>Panel type has NO effect on tearing.
Wew this is almost as stupid as the "if you OC for gaming you're retarded" from a couple of threads back

Looking at cases that are both quiet and cool. Fractal's R6 looks pretty nice but is there something better? Obviously you're not going to get both being amazing at once but above average would be nice.

adaptive sync does more than just get rid of tearing which still occurs regardless of how high your monitors refresh rate is. It gets rid of the stuttering that occurs when your fps falls below your monitor's refresh rate.

Will be purchasing next week after I'm paid.

>AMD Ryzen 7 2700 with Wraith Spire
>ASUS Prime B350-Plus Motherboard
>Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Founders Edition
>Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
>Seagate Barracuda 2TB
>Be quiet! Pure Power 10 600W Power Supply

Can PC parts be damaged in the post easily? Australia post can be rather nasty.

My pc finally shit itself and wont turn on again so I figured its dead and time for a new one, but until I get parts for a new one should I be worried about file lose/corruption on my harddrive before I can transfer or put the memory into my new pc?

The R6 works good, but is kind of a large awkward waste unless you're housing a shitload of 3.5 HDDs.

>You also have to notice I used the term "marketing competition" as opposed to hardware.
Mkay fair enough. Yeah, Nvidia always had way better marketing.
>A I wouldn't say "crushing"
3 of those 5 generations were all 30% leads, no?
Well for the 290X, it took some driver updates and newer games, and was around the 780 on launch. Only to go on to not only kill the 780ti but also the Titan in a lot of respects.
But the 5000 series and 7000 series were extremely clear victories on launch, being 25-30%+ ahead of the next best Nvidia card and more like 40% better performance for the money. That's much better than the 20% ahead the 1080ti is over the Vega 64 (while also costing a lot more than 20% more, generally, ignoring Freesync savings as well)

>I personally would go the Vega56 flash/volt/clock route, but I can understand why there's many that just want outta tha box performance.
Yeah, I get that as well. Though given the alternative is spending $150-$350 more on a monitor when it comes to 1440p, it's worth figuring out how to do those tweaks.

Both sucked, just in different ways.

If a regulatory body enforced open standards, then things like HBM would have never come to exist.
Maybe not the best example. Nv-link or Infinity Fabric compared to PCIe might be better examples.

Only problem with Gsync is that, well, people buy it.

R6 is stupidly huge, isn't it?
Meshify C is nice, if you need a full ATX Fractal case.

Only using 2 slots so yeah, the drive bays are a bit mad.

Also is it worth it spending a bit more for the 2700X w/ Wraith Prism?

I'm a pleb and probably won't upgrade my PC for the next 3-4 years after this/

The idea that mismatched fps from the refresh rate can cause the same frame to be drawn for two refreshes of the monitor is way too complicated for that user's tiny brain to understand, user.

You'd think instead of spouting nonsense in /pcbg/, he'd go some googling, watch Youtube, and learn about monitors. But he's one of those people who's so retarded that he can't comprehend how retarded he is and actually thinks he knows everything already despite not actually researching and reading anything to have gained such knowledge that he claims to have.

Seems okay, but I'd get b-die instead of RGB and the 2700X is well worth it over the 2700 especially for gaming.

I'd worry about getting a motherboard if you don't know it's "2000 series/pinnacle ridge" ready when it seems our options to get the BIOS flashed may be limited in Australia, but I don't know.

Oh. Wait. Founder's Edition? Fucking why? Unless you're going to waterblock it, but even then. Get one with a decent cooler.

Gsync was started as an attempt to have a standardised adaptive sync tech across all monitors with this labelling since it uses dedicated gsync hardware and it's worked so far as all gsync monitors have to have certain gsync ranges, refresh limits, ULMB, panel quality etc so of you want a gsync monitor you're guaranteed to basically get the best of the best. All this QC allows monitor manufactures to put up a higher msrp Freesync is the opposite where it doesn't have a standard of quality but it is available in much more monitors at a whole range of prices rather than just the high end like gsync. The problem with freesync is it's literally just amds branding name for the vesa display port standard which supports variable frame rate control and any monitor company from Asus to literal who chinkshit brands can add the branding to their monitor so it becomes a hit or miss situation dependant on monitor. I've seen freesync monitors with 12hz freesync range which is a complete joke and I've seen way too many monitors which have issues when freesync is activated because the panel itself is a rebaded 10 year old panel which causes Color bleed and other shit when adaptive sync is activated. Also a lot of high refresh freesync monitors are overclocked monitors rather than being native 144hz for example such as the LG ultrawides which are overclocked to such an extent in the freesync variants that you actually lose brightness as you go from 60->120->144hz in the settings because the monitor can't handle the increased refresh without negative side effects. Meanwhile the gsync one has a consistent brightness much higher than that of the freesync variant and it also goes up to 166hz with no negative issues as it's using a revised panel. Some people are willing to pay this premium and others aren't. Gsync definitely has a place in the market it's just Nvidia needs to accommodate for the lower end consumers who don't want to spend as much.